Would an employer push an employee to leave?

Well I made a prevous post about a false complaint against my work that was made about me from an employee who has been with the company for like a decade. Now this was made on a personal level and it is most likely bc he does not like me. I am new, there only a few months and my position is the lowest in the office so I know I pretty much mean nothing.

Anyway the more I read the internet (yes I'm that bored lol) and the timing of this complaint I am beginning to think maybe my company is trying to get me to quit by doing it in a way so that I won't make it an hr issue or sue them or something. I work for a fortune 500 company very corporate env't.

Just the more I thought about it the more I found it odd that my manager has this sit down with my a week before my 6 month review and also since then I've noticed that him and his manager have spent alot of time behind closed doors which they rarely do. My manager kept telling me that he thinks I am doing a good job and he plans on giving me a good review. Then the following day he brought me in again to tell me he thinks I am doing a good job. Maybe I'm being paranoid but could he be doing all this maybe to get other info from me.

Also this guy who made the complaint is very good friends with my bosses manager. Could they have just made this up so when they fire me they can turn around and say well we had a complaint about her or perhaps in the hope that I will leave eventually. I am in the process of looking for a new job bc I don't like this one or the env't but still I would like to know what's going on.

It is common practice for corporations to encourage certain persons so quit. It saves them the trouble of firing someone. One thing that I’ve learned about corporations is that the weasels tend to win out. That is, they tend to not confront you directly but rather sneak around and stab you in the back. Often for no apparent reason.

In cases where an employee is not working out, just laying off the person would be the most humane way to go about it. But no, they build up a “case” against you, a case that usually has nothing to do with your actual job performance. Then they fire you. It saves them in paying unemployment taxes, and it justifies, in their mind, their weasel tactics.

Formal complaints tend to be the beginning.

• Author
It is common practice for corporations to encourage certain persons so quit. It saves them the trouble of firing someone. One thing that I’ve learned about corporations is that the weasels tend to win out. That is, they tend to not confront you directly but rather sneak around and stab you in the back. Often for no apparent reason.

In cases where an employee is not working out, just laying off the person would be the most humane way to go about it. But no, they build up a “case” against you, a case that usually has nothing to do with your actual job performance. Then they fire you. It saves them in paying unemployment taxes, and it justifies, in their mind, their weasel tactics.

Formal complaints tend to be the beginning.

Well I have been, and am unhappy with this position and now I am in full gear sending out resumes to get out of here. I will be here 6 months though the end of next month so if they do fire me I will be able to collect unemployment, unless they plan on doing it before then.

Trialbyfire

I agree. You are being paranoid. During your probation period, they can get rid of you quite painlessly, at least for them.

There's nothing on the surface which would lead me to believe you're in any danger at this point. If you've been given good reviews, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It is true that throat-slashers tend to win in the corporate world, but they also lose. The employee that skillfully does his job and keeps his head down and doesn't cross anyone is usually the one that survives.