Still don't fit in, still hate job..What am I to do

Well I'm sure many of you have read my ongoing posts about my great job at the great company the past few months lol and believe me I feel like a loon posting and posting but I am just lost. In my previous posts I was complaing about the lack of work..well it picked up for a moment but now it's back to the usual sitting at my desk for 7 hrs trying to look busy with no work and one monthly project that takes me at most 3-4 days to complete. Then there's my manager who can't manage or at least not me if his life depended on it. I think or well know he has no idea what to do with me. I've totally checked out already and my heart has been out of it for months. I am beyond surprised that they have not cut my positon out completely. I listened to my family, friends and went back to this god awful job that I knew wasn't a fit for me the first week and here I am and have almost cried at my desk the past few weeks. I have gotten no where with my coworkers..I'm still the outsider. Yes, I am on the quiet side,..outside I am social and always was popular. When I met my coworkers I knew right away that we all had little in common..we just have nothing in common A few of the guys talk in this condescending manner as well. The "group" all sit by one another, all share inside jokes and I even overheard one making a comment about my hair, that's right a guy lol, behind my back. I do my work and assist others all the time but I feel like they all had this problem with me right from the start. From the get go there have been a few that have been very cold towards me other then hi, bye and that's it. No one ever comes by my desk unless they need something. I now had a fellow co worker..also one I really don't talk to, make a complaint against my work which is bull and was brought into my managers office about it. My manager then starts addressing my personality saying how I am shy. The other girl who does what I do is an extreme phoney and kiss hiney who is the favorite and the groups pal..and well I guess I just can't fill her shoes. I know people are gonna say just ignore them but really when you work in the dynamics I do you have to have communication. I've tried on numeous times to go over to someones cubicle and a few do talk to me but the rest will just continue staring at their screen while I'm talking I guess to say "go away" lol and really what is there to talk about..nothin but hey at least I made an effort. I went out for drinks once or 2x but that was it ..why even make a more akward situation than the one at work. So I've just been going doing my work (my boss told me he's pleased) and going home. The job just isn't the right fit for me, the people, the work, nor the company dynamics. I am the unhappiest I've ever been in quite some time and feel like their goal or maybe even my bosses is to just get me to leave. I came home again today almost in tears bc of this situation.My boss even asked me if I was happy and of course I lied and said yes. So I am considering calling in and resigning (telling him for personal reasons) or eventually giving my 2 weeks soon but not even going in the last day. I mean really how akward would the goodbyes be. So what do u guys think bc I'm really feeling the lowest I ever have.

So I've just been going doing my work (my boss told me he's pleased) and going home.

At least someone's happy.

The job just isn't the right fit for me, the people, the work, nor the company dynamics.

Three strikes, hey. If the lack of work truly bothers you, then find a tactful way to bring the issue up with your boss. Like, is there anything I can do to help out in other areas, etc. Otherwise, get creative, and find ways to entertain yourself. Find the water cooler (no, the real one). Or, if all else fails, update your CV.

Well for one thing I don't think I've "liked" any of the jobs I've done. I think I've done like 10 through a temp service and maybe 5 where I was hired as a regular. I've almost always liked the people though, out of those 15 there was only 1 place where I didn't like the people there. Looking back I'm glad as hell that I quit after a month.

Trialbyfire

Exactly. You need a job that you can focus on your work, work that challenges you, if you're not happy with the social interaction.

Go find another job.

WithOrWithoutYou

Don't quit - yet. It is always better to look for a job while being employed (you look less desperate for work, and psychologically, someone else has (your work) what your new prospective boss wants, and people always want what someone else has). Also, don't trash-talk the current job or your current co-workers or boss at all in the interviews for new jobs. You are just "looking for new challenges, and when you saw their listing, you knew it would be a perfect fit". If the new job pays more, it is ok to mention that too, but don't make it 100% of your focus.

That said, look for a job, and look hard. Don't be afraid to use your vacation time at this job to go on interviews for other jobs. Also, try to find a way to amuse yourself at work, in the mean time. You will regret it if you quit and find yourself jobless, but if you find a job and then quit, you will have an enormous sense of satisfaction. Good luck.