She's not affectionate

Praetorian2

Well friends, i started a new relationship, again at work...

The problem is: she isn't affectionate at all. She's 34 and never had a relashionship. She doesn't even knew how to kiss...

Question is: should i be patient enough with her not being that affectionate? Should i take in account that in her life she never had the relationship side? That she isn't familiar with being in a relashionship?

It hurts spending all day at work with her without affection. She says it doesn't hurt her asmuch as it hurts me, that she's much more rational. She recognizes she's not affectionate but i'm afraid she will never be it.

Age difference can be a problem? I'm 26 and she's 34 as i already said.

The other problem: i really like her...

StaringContest

Why has she never had a relationship at 34 years old? That's abnormal. She might be great, but I'd want to know the reason why.

By "She doesn't even knew how to kiss" do you mean she's never kissed anyone or that she just does it badly??

If you're at work, you shouldn't be showing affection. It's inappropriate. Wait until you're alone with her away from work and start doing things like putting your arm around her and holding her hand.

BTW what is it that you really like about her?

• Author
Praetorian2

She's never kissed anyone and she does it badly.

I love her personality, her sense of humor, her smile... she's just different from any other girl i've met and she isn't that beautiful (outerly speaking).

We've slept together about a dozen times and she says she isn't ready for sexual approach. It's weird because she says that she doesn't feel ready and that she's unsure about how to give me pleasure...

She never had anyone because she never had that much interest in starting a relashionship. She always ended up giving up before things even begin... She said it was easier for her that way. (her words, not mine).

Je Ne Regrette Rien

It is pretty unusual to be 34 so naive...

However, if what she says is true, she may be nervous about close physical contact and have big intimacy issues - or maybe she just doesn't know how to be affectionate? Maybe you need to show her. If she wasn't sure about how to kiss, she may also be unsure as to how to show affection, how much it means to you.

Just to clarify, is she okay about being affectionate at work? I work with my partner but I would feel uncomfortable being overly affectionate at work.

Curmudgeon

The bigest problem is that you work together. Fishing in the company pond is never a good idea.

Methinks some maturity and professionalism is in order here.

• 2 weeks later...