Kind of venting... Invite some comments

So I have been in my current position for a little over a year. The role I am in was newly created when I came on board and my job was to use my process and operational expertise to re-engineer the finance dept of major PR firm.

What I didn't know coming in was there was an internal political struggle that I was smack in the middle of from day one. All of my regional "colleagues" felt my rols shouldn't exist and the function I was evaluating at the Corp. level should be managed at the local office level(12 offices around the country). What ensued was 9 months of debate, accusation, threats, and the ultimate termination of my boss who forced me to pick sides at one point in a panic and when I challenged his thought process he did everything BUT fire me.

Anxiety, depression, stress overtook my life. I was working 14 hours a day and commuting 90 minutes each way. Family life was suffering. So I refoccussed on my family and myself in Sept/Oct. It was too late. As you can see from my other threads on LS my wife had an affair, fell in love, and we are now divorcing.

That said my world is a little stressed out. I have a therpaist(YAY ME) and I am trying to stay focussed at work. I have a new boss. Here for three months. He spoke to me yesterday and said he has been patient but he now needs to figure our if the company's expectations of me and my current level of dedication are on par. and that I needed to strike a better balance between work and home.

I have worked at 4 other companies and seen colleagues go through similar situation. I HAVE NEVER seen a company put them on the hot seat like that. Now in addition to my divorce, losing my kids, myhome, now I have to worry about losing my job!!?

HR is not supportive so anyone suggesting that route don't bother. I had complained to HR that a senior manager harrassed one of my staff members last April and since then I have been blackballed.

I am actuvely searching dor a new role and hopefully may land with a former boss who is a great friend.

Feel free to comment or share similar experiences or stories.

Thanks,

B