Making Business Connections....

I'm 25 and currently a business owner with a partner and find that I have trouble making business connections. If I email or call someone for some info, they don't get back to me. That is just one. Alot of people laugh at me because I am in the home improvement business and they ask my partner what does SHE know.

I have developed a bad attitude due to negative responses all the time and I am getting fed up with it. I want business people, or whoever to have alittle respect. And too I want to make connections with people and build a good business relationship with people who I could possibly use services from in the future etc.

So, what the hell do I do? I know networking is a good way to meet people, but what do you do when your shy. I'm a shy person and find it hard to converse.

WEll, help is needed.

if you're running your own business, you should at least be knowledgeable about the area of your expertise. Let people talk as much as they want, it is expected that businesses with partner(s) will each have their respected expertise in the company's hierarchy...e.g.: management, expertise of business field, sales/marketing..etc.

People can be rude and get back to you later or never. In the places where I've worked, generally the bosses hide in their little rooms and let the marketing/sales person handle the business relationship with the client. To each their own i suppose.

I dont want to discourage you,, but if you're shy or dont know how to deal with people then you probably should probably pay someone else to handle that. allocate people with the proper expertise/strenghts to the right tasks.

managing a business is more about finding a balance between weaknesses and strenghts.