Not letting horrible experience at current job effect me

I just got offered a great new job which I start in 2 weeks (giving my 2 weeks monday). I'll be making close to 15,000 more a year (I won't even say what I make at my current job). The job I'm currently at was my first job out of college and I'm the office goefer. I got no respect at all. I stuck it out after many crying sessions at home, having family and friends tell me not to quit till I find something else and having almost quit on 3 seperate occassions. My office is beyond toxic and dysfunctional..here's a few examples:

1. Company only hires people out of college or with no experience so they can pay them pennies. They never had a set salary when they hired me and my extremely low salary requirement..will of course that was the salary I got.

2. Boss has secretary who spies and reports back to him. Of course she's in his office behind closed doors and buddy buddy with him in the office yet at holiday events he wouldn't sit at the same table as her or even acknoweldge her..go figure

3) Constant gossip, **** talking, undermining, office cliques and sabatoging..which I have been victim of on occassion bc I never partook in gossip..bc of that I was called"stuck up"..of course behind my back though lol.

4)Passed up for promotion 4 times..my bosses explanation during my annual reivew..I need to be more "social" with the attorneys..a.k.a. kiss ass. So my quality or work means nothing? I am pleasant, always say hello, do my job requirments and do them well. but I don't go hopping from office to office gossiping when I know when I leave I'll be talked about us well. Also if you don't go out for drinks with them..the next day u get the evil eye..normal right. Guess that's being "unsocial". Most of the attorneys from day 1 never made an effort to talk to me or get to know me..only when they need things done do they speak. But I forgot I'm chopped lived and they're the high and mighty attorneys.

5)Boss leaving out people when having office parties..rude and unprofessional if u ask me. How do u think those people feel.

6)Keeping employees around who take off constantly and quality of work just stinks...but my boss only finds this out after they leave. Other then that he's in the dark about everything.

7)If you make a mistake uare never told professionaly or corrected..they just complain about it to one another, bash u behind ure back and complain as they walk by u..never directly to u.

8)Huge turnover..I will be the 15th person to leave in little over a year.

9) Office affairs out in the open and people having them able to socialize for hrs at a time and do no work.

his is a pretty young office with most people in their late 20s to mid 30s. The new office I am starting in is very young also. When I went for my interview everyone just sat quietly in their cubicle..not like my my office where 2 hr chats behind closed doors where people get made fun of is the norm. I was soo excited at first but am just so nervous that this office will turn out to be toxic like this also. Any suggestion? Should I be overly friendly this time around and kiss ass so I'm not "stuck up" lol.

yeah, try your best to go to your new company with a "fresh start" attitude. I had a chip on my shoulder about corporate america based on my first job out of college that I took with me to every company since and switch jobs annually it seems. Now I'm at a company I would love to stay with for a long time and am trying my best to keep positive. There are really good companies out there that are employee friendly, it just takes weeding out the bad ones to find them. Good luck, your company sounds like a worst case scenario company, it can only get better at the next one