sick leave usage

laRubiaBonita

Ok, so I have sick leave, I have worked at this job close to 5 years. Is it too much if I take a whole day off when I have dental appointments?

I do usually take the day off, as I make my appointments for late morning so I can sleep in, and my appointments consist of pretty major dental work… I am getting 3 caps next week. :eek: And I am usually at the dentist once a month….. I basically put his kids through college!:D

Is it wrong of me NOT to want to come back to work with half my face numb? I am a secretary and office manager, I have to see and speak with many outside people everyday. I do not want to look like Sloth from the Goonies, drooling all over myself, with a head ache.

I am asking because I got my review from my boss and his only comment was that I am using my sick leave too much for appointments and taking the whole day.

I was kinda under the impression that this was why there was sick leave and I have earned it by putting in my full time hours each week. :confused:

Well, as an employer I can see his point--you are missing 12 days a year for the dentist alone. Now add in true sick days and so forth. I would try to scheudle out of office hours if possible and if not use vacation time.

And, you are also using the days to be able to "sleep in".....seems like you are using the system.

• Author
laRubiaBonita
Well, as an employer I can see his point--you are missing 12 days a year for the dentist alone. Now add in true sick days and so forth. I would try to scheudle out of office hours if possible and if not use vacation time.

And, you are also using the days to be able to "sleep in".....seems like you are using the system.

sick leave counts as medical appointments too. plus if unused vacation hours roll into sick leave, what's the difference?

i am never "lucky" enough to be truly sick unless it is a weekend, even in school i had perfect attendence.....

and if i do take vacation it is like pulling teeth to get the requested time off. this company is soo freakin' bias, racist, and bigotted i am shocked there have been no law suits.