How do you guys deal with bitchy/annoying co-workers? I mean what are you supposed to do...try to be nice to them anyway? Ignore them? Avoid them? Put them in their place? What? I'll give a small example...there is a co-worker who is not my boss or has any sort of authority over me, and we do not work together (she another dept.).

And sometimes she yells at me to do something that she has no right to get up after me for. She gets into my business that way. I'm being very general but what am I supposed to do here? She gets into arguments with a lot of people very often, but then she will turn around and be nice....it's weird....any suggestions? Thank you.

How do you guys deal with bitchy/annoying co-workers? I mean what are you supposed to do...try to be nice to them anyway? Ignore them? Avoid them? Put them in their place? What? I'll give a small example...there is a co-worker who is not my boss or has any sort of authority over me, and we do not work together (she another dept.).

And sometimes she yells at me to do something that she has no right to get up after me for. She gets into my business that way. I'm being very general but what am I supposed to do here? She gets into arguments with a lot of people very often, but then she will turn around and be nice....it's weird....any suggestions? Thank you.

Next time she yells, just look straight at her and calmly say "don't yell at me." If she carries on doing it, repeat "Don't yell at me." It needn't be a big deal, and the less of a drama you make about telling her to pipe down, the better she'll probably handle it.

Again, lindya's right on. Bullies are usually dumbfounded when they're confronted, because they always assume the person they're bullying would NEVER stand up for him/herself.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'll try that next time she yells. She not only yells, but mostly she bosses me around... when she's not even my boss! What I don't get is she'll act like a bitch one minute, then joke around the next or be nice/neutral.