Wage Garnishment

Mimosa Belle

My ex is going to get served with a sizable wage garnishment after the hearing next week. He has never had one of these before, that I know of.

He is an engineer for a chemical plant. Requires a security clearance.

Will a wage garnishment have an effect on his security clearance? What other ramifications/effects happen to a person served with a wage garnishment?

I've acted in good faith during my divorce, followed my lawyer's directions, and have done everything the judge ordered me to do. I've done everything to get my ex to comply with the final decree, to no avail. I don't want him to get into trouble at work, but this is my last recourse.

Abusers shouldn't be hidden. They need to be exposed so that people know them for what they are and avoid them or keep an eye on them. What should affect his security clearance is the fact police were called on him because of domestic violence. Since it didn't you needn't worry. It might affect his credit rating but that's his fault.

Garnishments are pretty routine. Sometimes they are even voluntary.Hey, I cannot be sure I will write a check each month, so take it out of my pay and let the state handle the details.

It would not affect his current job, but depending on the background checks required of any future job, it may

My ex is going to get served with a sizable wage garnishment after the hearing next week. He has never had one of these before, that I know of.

He is an engineer for a chemical plant. Requires a security clearance.

Will a wage garnishment have an effect on his security clearance? What other ramifications/effects happen to a person served with a wage garnishment?

I've acted in good faith during my divorce, followed my lawyer's directions, and have done everything the judge ordered me to do. I've done everything to get my ex to comply with the final decree, to no avail. I don't want him to get into trouble at work, but this is my last recourse.

Whatever happens will be his fault. He had to understand the consequences of not meeting his obligations. Whether or not this action will affect his job will depend on the policies of the company. However, when the payroll department gets the paperwork on the garnishment I'm sure there will be a meeting amongst the top brass and they won't be happy.

If he becomes heavily in debt or begins having financial problems as a result of these payments, that could surely affect the status of his security clearance.

Will a wage garnishment have an effect on his security clearance?

probably not....don't worry he'll still have his job so you can get your ca$h...

Depending on what his level of clearence is, it may affect his current position or future propspects.

Garnishments are routine but it could put him on notice when his review comes up.

Depending on what his level of clearence is, it may affect his current position or future propspects.

Garnishments are routine but it could put him on notice when his review comes up.

I agree.. The security department will look into why his wages are garnished.

I would think that Child Support or the like would not be a security threat as to cause him to lose any clearance..

If the garnishment was caused by something like a court order for damage caused while being coked up at a bar then they might pull it..

Get therapy immediately. You are not thinking clearly. It is not irrational to worry that you wouldnt be able to take care of yourself and family if he loses his job. But how are you going to take care of yourself and family if he doesn't pay what he's supposed to? If it weren't garnished wages there would be some other reason you would take responsibility for him having job problems. Get over it. He might decide to make garnishment an excuse for getting fired but there's nothing you can do about thtat. You need to send the message (fake it if you don't really believe it) that you will not take responsibility for his job problems. Hide behind the lawyer if you have to. "My lawyer is the expert and he says this is fine and I'm not going to discuss it."