Doing Door 2 Door is cool except for one thing (as we saw on the now famously closed D2D post): it freaks people out!!

It obvously puts people on the defensive, so why do that? I share the call of Christ with people as I go. It does not weird people out. I talk with people in places where they already talk to strangers -- in bars, coffee houses, and book stores. (It just so happens that I like beer, coffee, and books so we have a lot in common.;) ) That is where people go to talk, and that's where they talk about God. Nobody has a problem with it, and neither do I. HokeyR and I would have a good time together.

I just talk with people, and they will inevitably say something similar to somthing Jesus or the apostles said. I point out the similarities and so we discuss what THEY think of Jesus Christ. And they of course ask me what I think, and I tell them. I always encourage them to repent, trust in Jesus, and share in his Inheritance. Sometimes they decide to do that, often they do not, but I don't try to box people in.

Seldom has anyone freaked out. (Except for the occasional freak, but that's to be expected when talking to freaks:) . God likes freaks, by the way, but they can be a little unpredictable.)

My point? Don't go out of your way to weird people out when witnessing to the wonder of God's love. Go out of your way to make friends!

What say you?