What if Tom Cruise is Right

What if Tom Cruise and Travolta are right in this religion of theirs.
What if they're not?

They always look pretty happy.
It's their job, it's what they do. :)

To me the core beliefs of Scientology appears like some science fiction drama that has gone out of control :rolleyes:

Plenty of people look happy who aren't Scientologists. I'm quite happy and I'm Catholic.

I don't think either Travolta or Cruise would be recruited by NASA, if you get my drift.

I dunno, seems a little farfetched to me.

Anyway, real philosophy? Find something to believe in because you WANT to believe in it. We’ll all find out who was right when we die.

Don’t believe in some religion because some half-baked actor appears to be happy because he practices it.

(Besides, He looks happy because his wife is very attractive :p)

• Like 1
I dunno, seems a little farfetched to me.

Anyway, real philosophy? Find something to believe in because you WANT to believe in it. We’ll all find out who was right when we die.

Don’t believe in some religion because some half-baked actor appears to be happy because he practices it.

(Besides, He looks happy because his wife is very attractive :p)

The majority of religion looks farfetched to me. If you can find people looking for security in their life they may just believe anything.

I think you could lump Robertston, Hinn, Falwell, and Swaggart into half baked actor heap too. :lmao: Oh lets not forget the Bakers.... I am still waiting for their big come back!

I don't think either Travolta or Cruise would be recruited by NASA, if you get my drift.

I don't know about Cruise, but I would think that Travolta stands a chance. He is a licensed commercial pilot and holds the certs to fly heavy (747, etc).

And, I assume you are talking about intellignece with the NASA comment--why do you assume they are stupid? Because they hold careers and believe in a religion different than yours? OK, Cruise is a little wacky with this whole couch jumping deal, but that does not make him unintelligent. Winston Churchill was a bit wacky. Hell, some might say that Bill Clinton is wacky.

I once read Dianetics and I have to say I was confused :confused: I'm not sure how it all consitutes a religion, but then I didn't finish the book either. Who's their god, L. Ron Hubbard?

I once read Dianetics and I have to say I was confused :confused: I'm not sure how it all consitutes a religion, but then I didn't finish the book either. Who's their god, L. Ron Hubbard?

I read it too, years ago. I'd wandered into an office advertising psychometric profiling, and ended up spending half a day there - being put through the Scientologists' recruitment spiel. This included being placed in a small darkened room to watch a video of Ron Hubbard's life (the duration of which I spent scanning the screen for any signs of subliminal brainwashing messages, so I can't actually tell you much about the man himself - though I've got a vague memory that he lost the use of his limbs towards the end of the video). After that, I was interviewed and insulted about my "test results" by a fat, sweaty man.

He suggested that I was overly competitive, had a number of unhealthy "engrams"... probably as a result of being subjected, as a foetus, to a number of DIY abortion with a coathanger attempts by my mother (a favoured theory amongst the Scientologists back then - and probably still is now, for all I know).

The good news was, of course, that if I started working for the Scientologists, I would be put through a spring-cleaning course to remove all those negative engrams. I was then handed a contract to sign. The small print advised, with happy disregard for the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, that if I left the scientologists' employment at any time before 10 years had elapsed, I'd have to pay them several thousand pounds.

Sensing my reluctance, Fatso took me into a room filled with other people my age (I was 19 at the time). A moon-faced youth started to flirt with me and tell me what a great social life the Scientologists could provide. I started to laugh, then got a lot of really negative scientology vibes directed towards me. I bought the Dianetics book to pacify them all, then left. For several months afterwards, I got pestered with leaflets about forthcoming seminars.

why do you assume they are stupid?

Have you read anything about the beliefs of Scientology? I suppose to an anti-theist all religions sound off the wall but seriously, if you can't see the illogic and improbability of their tenets, you've got more than a few screws loose, IMHO. For that matter, the whole Joseph Smith story's pretty dicey, too.

All this talking about Scientology brought up memories of me visiting a Scientology center, but for my life's sake I can't remember with whom (my mom can't really remember) and where (I think it was New York). Grrrr, I hate it when I can't remember things.

What if Tom Cruise and Travolta are right in this religion of theirs. They always look pretty happy.

Oh, forgot to answer the post. They are happy, because they are brainwashed. :laugh:

Holy sh*t, lindya. That's cult recruiting, especially the love bomb tactic. Can you imagine how many young lonely people get sucked into that crap?

What if Tom Cruise and Travolta are right in this religion of theirs. They always look pretty happy.

i'd be looking happy too if I was making millions for basically doing nothing and sleeping with young gorgeous women.

if both these dudes were not blessed with their genetically-based looks they'd probably be like everyone else. must be nice.

Holy sh*t, lindya. That's cult recruiting, especially the love bomb tactic. Can you imagine how many young lonely people get sucked into that crap

That's just it. Find some sites by ex-Scientologists and read their stories. There are a couple other religions that use methods which are tried-and-true indoctrination (or 'brainwashing' if you will) methods.

And it's not so much 'stupid' per se as too willing to accept without question; not enough critical thinking which to me means the person isn't a rocket scientist. Then again, someone at NASA did mix up inches and centimetres so ... :lmao:

Holy sh*t, lindya. That's cult recruiting, especially the love bomb tactic. Can you imagine how many young lonely people get sucked into that crap?

Totally. I remember when I sat down to do the personality questionnaire, almost immediately this woman came over - all friendly smiles - and asked "are you in London looking for work? Would you like to come and work for us?"

I'd thought that was pretty weird, then I'd glanced at the wall, seen a Scientology poster and thought "oh s***!" I didn't know much about them, but associated them with the Moonies and other such cults. Of course, being curious I had to go along with the recruitment process to see what it entailed. I always knew it would serve some sort of purpose - and here it is. A post on Loveshack :laugh:

I always knew it would serve some sort of purpose - and here it is. A post on Loveshack :laugh:

yes LINDYA, another life experience digitized to zeros and ones :laugh:

Then again, someone at NASA did mix up inches and centimetres so ... :lmao:

Go figure. :laugh:

I often wonder about Katie Holmes (now rechristened as "kate"). It seems Scientologists recruited her to be Tom's baby incubator. She has a Scientologist mentor permanently glued to her side and making all her decisions, she is giving up her career, and it appears she's a very brainwashed young woman. Stepford wife.

I often wonder about Katie Holmes (now rechristened as "kate"). It seems Scientologists recruited her to be Tom's baby incubator. She has a Scientologist mentor permanently glued to her side and making all her decisions, she is giving up her career, and it appears she's a very brainwashed young woman. Stepford wife.

I'd still bang her...:p:lmao:

if both these dudes were not blessed with their genetically-based looks they'd probably be like everyone else. must be nice.

Neither is that striking, IMHO. In fact, I've always thought Travolta looks like a bit of a doofus. However, what sets guys like that apart is their drive to succeed and their willingness to do whatever it takes, apparently even allowing themselves to be mind-f&%ed, to get ahead. That's why they're rich and famous. I haven't even found them particularly great as actors. Yes, they're better than the b and c film hacks but I would not go see a movie on the strength of their acting alone where I would for some other stars.

• Like 1
Neither is that striking, IMHO. In fact, I've always thought Travolta looks like a bit of a doofus. However, what sets guys like that apart is their drive to succeed and their willingness to do whatever it takes, apparently even allowing themselves to be mind-f&%ed, to get ahead. That's why they're rich and famous. I haven't even found them particularly great as actors. Yes, they're better than the b and c film hacks but I would not go see a movie on the strength of their acting alone where I would for some other stars.

I love Travolta. I think he's a good actor, especially loved him in Sat Night Fever, Pulp Fiction and Face Off, but he's had his share of stupid films too. There's a coolness factor to him that engages me.

Cruise is a different story. I've always picked up on his idiocy. People rave about his great smile, I think his teeth take up too much space on his face.

"I think his teeth take up too much space on his face." And his brain doesn't take up enough space in his big head.

Cruise is a different story. I've always picked up on his idiocy. People rave about his great smile, I think his teeth take up too much space on his face.

He's creeped me out ever since I watched Risky Business. It's that part when he phones up the Rebecca de Mornay prostitute character and leaves a cheesy message that begins

"Hi. I'm a nice guy..."

:sick:

He's creeped me out ever since I watched Risky Business. It's that part when he phones up the Rebecca de Mornay prostitute character and leaves a cheesy message that begins

"Hi. I'm a nice guy..."

:sick:

LOL :laugh: I remember that. Yeah, he was an idiot in that movie too. Top Gun was his only cool movie and that's mostly because if the other actors who carried him. There has always been something about that boy that wasn't quite right. I was watching the E Hollywood Story about him the other day and I had to change the channel because I couldn't look at his teeth anmore. It looks like he's smiling even when it's not appropriate