After-life court.

Admiral Thrawn

That's right, you whole life will be the subject of a futuristic court?

I've been to courts here, in traffic court and civil court - this one is different.

Anyone excited to see their life on replay on a future judgement?

Why not say - 'hi' out-loud, in case you are videotaped, so you can see yourself again when it is replayed back and say 'hi' to everyone in the future court.

Everything you say, everything you do, is being recorded, and will be replayed back later. Let's here from the Christian users, how do you feel about being judged for your works after you became born-again? What about the parable of the talents? Do you just have one talent that is being hidden somewhere? How would that bode on judgement day?

• Like 1

i'd prefer to make a preliminary appearance at magistrates court, confirm my name and address, submit a guilty plea and go straight to sentencing.

i have a talent for sarcasm that's shockingly underused. i'm going to work on it every day from now on. you're right. i CAN'T let it go to waste!

I'll plead insanity.

Because I believe insanity clause.

I believe inSanity Clause? :)

Sorry, I'm an atheist. I get punched for my mistakes in real-time and then, well, then I just bite the dust and feed the worms. The cycle will be completed.

I believe inSanity Clause? :)

insanity clause.............

In Santy Claus, Santa Claus, like the dyslexic devil worshipper who sold his soul to Santa?

HI !!!!!

I have already been judged and sentenced by/according to you :)

RIP A_C.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and into the hole 'e goes.

• Like 1
how do you feel about being judged for your works after you became born-again?
Pretty good actually. I like to consider myself a, "work in progress". I got saved at 4 years old. Right away, I didn't grow in the Spirit. It wasn't until I left home at 15 when I slowly walked back towards God.

Since then, I've served in the Church at whatever capacity was asked of me, and where I saw a need, or just led to. Just recently, 2 weeks ago, Mrs. Moose and I signed up to be middle school councelors in our Church. I feel like we can make an impact there.

What about the parable of the talents? Do you just have one talent that is being hidden somewhere?
I would stand a convicted felon when it comes to this. Tax time, you know. We just got our tithe statement.....my heart literally skipped a few beats! We've missed a TON! So much so, I've set it up with the accountant to make sure we tithe when we're supposed to. I felt soooo bad! :(
How would that bode on judgement day?
Not sure. I know that no matter what, I'll be happy cleaning the floors in the other angels mansions if that's what it's going to take to be with God.
  • Like 3

Will we be allowed to have lawyers to defend and represent us? There better be a lot of beer and popcorn. so is god slacking off and not wathching while we're alive then procrastinates and watches the whole thing in one sitting, skipping over the long boring parts or enjoying every minute of it so he can then watch our expression as he says "gotcha, you're going to burn in hell! you shouldn't have stolen that bike! Evidence is on day 203 of the 22nd year of your useless, meaningless life." or whatever the verdict is ?:confused:And will there be a jury of peers on hand to help deliver the eternal fate? So after you die how long are you in limbo until all this business gets taken care of, and can your case ever be re-opened at a later time should you appeal?

• Like 1
  • Author
Admiral Thrawn
Will we be allowed to have lawyers to defend and represent us? There better be a lot of beer and popcorn. so is god slacking off and not wathching while we're alive then procrastinates and watches the whole thing in one sitting, skipping over the long boring parts or enjoying every minute of it so he can then watch our expression as he says "gotcha, you're going to burn in hell! you shouldn't have stolen that bike! Evidence is on day 203 of the 22nd year of your useless, meaningless life." or whatever the verdict is ?:confused:And will there be a jury of peers on hand to help deliver the eternal fate? So after you die how long are you in limbo until all this business gets taken care of, and can your case ever be re-opened at a later time should you appeal?

God is PERFECT. Jesus Christ will judge you. No Appeal court is needed because God can not err. Believe me, you will have your say, because you are going to be accountable for everything you have done. So, look at your life and imagine that you will be accounting for everything in the future.

Now, if you are worried about all the sins you have committed, then why dont you just ask God to forgive your sins and invite Christ into your life. Jesus Christ already died for your sins, you just have to acknowledge that and invite Him into your life.

This is the best way to approach a future judgement day - there was a song from the Acappella company that went like this:

" As I stood inside the courtroom

The judge came walking in

There was One who stood beside me.

A compassionate friend

As he spoke my situation

I knew that he was in control

Of the destiny of my eternal soul.

With a hugh the crowd awaited

To receive the words he'd say

A finality was pressing Like no other day

To reveal my destination That was what I soon would know

To eternity, where was I to Go?

Chorus:

- Yes your Honour, I'm at your mercy, you can do with me,

- Just as you please.

- Please remember. My testimony.

- The blood of Jesus covers me.

Verse (2)

When the time came for the verdict

The anticipation rose

But the people knew to well

The path of life they choose

Those who had not cared to answer

When in life he gave the call

Or had known his grace and love. Only to fall.

But as he looked in my direction.

I was not afraid 'cause the nail-scarred hands

Were there defending me Then he rose to give the answer

And we bowed unto the Lord

He said "Well done my child

Now Great is your reward".

Chorus *2.

Really good song to listen to.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn
I'll plead insanity.

Because I believe insanity clause.

There is no insanity clause - you have free-will. Why not repent and choose to believe in Jesus Christ and receive Him as your personal saviour so you will really have something to plea that will work. Jesus died for your sin and rose from the dead.

Your best and only defence rests on the fact that Jesus was already judged for your sins on the cross.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

Authority of what I just said in the above post as follows:

Isaiah 52:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquity: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed".

v.10 "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shal make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall propser in his hand.

v.11 "He shall see the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities".

KJV dictionary - transgressions, iniquity, iniquities = sin.

chastisement = punishment.

justify = to make 'right' - in this context it would be like an absolute discharge (ie acquittal) from all your sins.

Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

vs 2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God".

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world (that means you) that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

Am I the only person who has seen that '80s movie "DEFENDING YOUR LIFE"?

I think Meryl Streep is in it. Same premise. Better thought out.

slubberdegullion
Am I the only person who has seen that '80s movie "DEFENDING YOUR LIFE"?

I think Meryl Streep is in it. Same premise. Better thought out.

Albert Brooks, right?

I thought it was pretty lame actually...

Albert Brooks, right?

I thought it was pretty lame actually...

very lame, beyond sucking.

Funny I was told that you are not judged on the things you do in this life and you do not earn going to heaven.... you simply have to believe. That seems pretty lame to me.... What if Charlie Manson starts believing in the last moments of his life....... I certainly don't want to share space with him. (another reason to not believe)

a4a

There is no insanity clause - you have free-will. Why not repent and choose to believe in Jesus Christ and receive Him as your personal saviour so you will really have something to plea that will work. Jesus died for your sin and rose from the dead.

Your best and only defence rests on the fact that Jesus was already judged for your sins on the cross.

I'll tell you why not, as you asked the question my friend.

I have nothing to repent for that can be absolved by any one other than those whom I have transgressed against.

Jesus Christ, although he may in fact be a historical figure, was a man I never met, therefore I could never have offended him in any way. Therefore a man dead for over two thousand years cannot possibly have a need to be my 'saviour'.

He died for me? How so? If we have free will he could not possibly have known I would ever exist, its not possible to predict a 'free will' system. I will not delve into quantum physics, but think about the 'free will' vs omnipotent god argument. If your god knows the future then there is no 'free will'.

So either we have free will, and god is not omnipotent or we do not have free will and all is set out for us according to god's knowledge of the future.

Take your pick, one or the other.

Jesus died because the Romans nailed him to a tree. Not because I have sinned. He 'rose' from the dead to necessitate inclusion into the continuing story of rebirth that man has seen all around him all the time.

Your faith is your own. I insist that all people are free to believe in that which gives them comfort, if that is what they require.

I have no faith in your god, or anyone elses for that matter.

If you believe in a court that will judge your deeds throughout your life are you constantly trying to improve others lives? Ensuring that the homeless are sheltered, the hungry are fed, the innocent protected, the children are taught and guided, the weak defended, and your 'soul' kept pure?

If so that is excellent, I doubt if your god will give you any brownie points for asking a 'lost cause' such as I such questions. I need no defence against your god.

Admiral Thawn, may you go in peace, and may your god go with you my friend.

• Author
Admiral Thrawn

Witabix;

It is fine and dandy to talk like this now, but when you are infront of God and having to account for your life, you will be dancing to a different tune. You are not ready for judgement day.

It seems like you are certainly not under conviction by the Spirit, so it is quite understandable where you are coming from. The more I'm hearing posts by people who seem to have never been touched in anyway by the Spirit of God, the more I'm appreciating the role of the Holy Spirit's Ministry, because without the Spirit of God to show you Christ, or illuminate spiritual truths from the Bible, you are all as lost as lost can be.

What the heck is going on. The Spirit of God never talked with you before? Is this all some abstract concept you cant understand? You've never experienced the reality of the presence of Jesus?

Somebody has got to pray for these people.

That's right, Moose, Chris777, Grace2005, and anyone else who is saved: You've got to develop a prayer list of people to intercede for, and include these people in it because they need lots of prayer. I am starting a prayer list right now.

No you're not, Blind Otter. I saw it a number of years ago and will be getting it in a few days from Netflix so my wife can see it too.

Yes, Meryl Streep is in it. Interesting premise, no?

Witabix;

It is fine and dandy to talk like this now, but when you are infront of God and having to account for your life, you will be dancing to a different tune. You are not ready for judgement day.

It seems like you are certainly not under conviction by the Spirit, so it is quite understandable where you are coming from. The more I'm hearing posts by people who seem to have never been touched in anyway by the Spirit of God, the more I'm appreciating the role of the Holy Spirit's Ministry, because without the Spirit of God to show you Christ, or illuminate spiritual truths from the Bible, you are all as lost as lost can be.

What the heck is going on. The Spirit of God never talked with you before? Is this all some abstract concept you cant understand? You've never experienced the reality of the presence of Jesus?

Somebody has got to pray for these people.

That's right, Moose, Chris777, Grace2005, and anyone else who is saved: You've got to develop a prayer list of people to intercede for, and include these people in it because they need lots of prayer. I am starting a prayer list right now.

Hi again Admiral,

Peace be unto you.

I have felt this thing you speak of. Many years ago, as a boy.

If you are interested I will tell you the story.

My father and I went to church every Sunday, without fail. Being Irish my religion is christianity, catholic flavoured. Although we are now experiencing the other world religions in this country, and not before time I might add.

Anyway there was a Sunday I remember with such clarity that it is burned into my memory.

Our church was to be visited by a White Father, a missionary order, and we were to receive a sermon from him.

Our church was a converted synagogue, the star of David still resided in the main wall. Our priest was a converted protestant. In the depths of the dock area of a major european city. My family were part of the Irish diaspora.

The White Father came. It was an autumn(fall) day. Midday mass. He walked to the altar, dressed in his white robes, he was tall, and carried an air of unassailable dignity. Like a latter day Moses. He talked of the poor people in Africa, how they starved, died, and suffered. Of how we should help them, he wanted to save their lives, he at no point mentioned saving their souls. He dug wells, irrigation ditches, and helped them plant crops and got them medicines and education, to improve their lives.

As he stood in front of our catholic altar, the sun turned the shadow of the star of David on this man. A jewish symbol, shining on a catholic man, talking of African suffering.

He inspired the young boy who heard him that day, inspired me.

I wanted to be just like him, saving people who had no way to save themselves.

I spoke to my father later that week, saying that I was interested in becoming a priest. He spoke to the Franciscan Friars at my school and our parish priest.

I joined an organisation for young men considering a life of religious work.

I studied and prayed with these people for a few years, and read, and thought, and considered.

I saw no evidence of reality in the books, or the people, so many were there for other reasons.

They wanted to save souls, convert people to 'our' club. I could see nothing wrong with some one who wanted to be a Moslem, or a Jew. I watched religion tear part of my country apart, dreadful bloodshed. I saw the Jews and the Moslems of the Middle East destroying each others lives, killing each others children. Over land and religion and civil rights.

I despaired of the human race as a young man. Dismissed it all as meaningless. Meaningless hatred and conflict over who had the 'right' book, the 'right' god.....

Then it dawned on me.

All the misery, pain, and suffering I could see was always dressed up as sectarian, religious, hatred.

But it really isn't about god. It's about mans greed, and the way the ruling 'classes' use whatever tool they can to enslave the minds of the masses for their own power hungry ends.

They dazzle us with heaven and damn us all to hell to keep us subservient to their god, of greed, who feeds kings while paupers starve and die.

If there is a judgement day Admiral Thawn I will stand there, beside you, and you can tell me I was wrong, and I will accept that I was.

Then I will step forward and demand an explanation of 'god moves in mysterious ways'. I will call this god to account for his 'love', 'love' of the little children who are dying of starvation and diseases, even I as I sit here and you sit there. In our world of comfort and plenty. We are the good people, Ha! Don't make me laugh, we are all hypocrites, self centred hypocrites. Give a few cents to charity, let someone else deal with it.

I will call 'him/her' to account for all the people who suffered under the yoke of religious oppression, hanged, drawn and quartered.

I will call 'god' to account for all this, then I will judge him.

This spirit you speak of burns in me, but it is not the spirit of religious conviction. It is the spirit of humanity. That indefinable thing that sets us apart from the beasts of this world. I try to nurture mine with love for my fellow man, with acceptance of, and joy for our differences.

I have no gods, and no masters.

May you go in peace once more AT.

That's right, you whole life will be the subject of a futuristic court?

I've been to courts here, in traffic court and civil court - this one is different.

Anyone excited to see their life on replay on a future judgement?

Why not say - 'hi' out-loud, in case you are videotaped, so you can see yourself again when it is replayed back and say 'hi' to everyone in the future court.

Everything you say, everything you do, is being recorded, and will be replayed back later. Let's here from the Christian users, how do you feel about being judged for your works after you became born-again? What about the parable of the talents? Do you just have one talent that is being hidden somewhere? How would that bode on judgement day?

How do you know this?

Oh dear I would have thought T.v is banned In heaven.

Goodness I have read some of your stuff and although I respect your opinions. I dont think Jesus would approve of your methods, In spreading the word.:D

very lame, beyond sucking.

Funny I was told that you are not judged on the things you do in this life and you do not earn going to heaven.... you simply have to believe. That seems pretty lame to me.... What if Charlie Manson starts believing in the last moments of his life....... I certainly don't want to share space with him. (another reason to not believe)

a4a

I have this weird thing for Meryl Streep ever since I saw "Sophie's Choice". I don't know why I think she's a hot older lady.

Anyhoo, my sis and I were talking about this b/c I was like, I can't believe protestants think Catholics are going to hell! She said, it's because of determinism, or something, where protestants believe that saying Christ is your savior saves you automatically. Like a get out of jail free card.

Catholics OTO believe that you have to be saved and also continually prove your worth, and that just believing in Christ doesn't cut it.

Personally I think the whole thing is wack.

wave for the camera ... wouldn't it just be better to be a love-monger and ignore the camera trained on you? Otherwise actions could ring false, much like a person is going to go out of his or her way to look "natural" for the camera and that image nowhere near resembles what the person really looks like!

wave for the camera ... wouldn't it just be better to be a love-monger and ignore the camera trained on you? Otherwise actions could ring false, much like a person is going to go out of his or her way to look "natural" for the camera and that image nowhere near resembles what the person really looks like!

You mean like St Peter walking up to as you die, microphone in hand, and saying "Smile your on Catholic Camera!!"

Or Jewish Camera or Moslem Camera et al.

You mean like St Peter walking up to as you die, microphone in hand, and saying "Smile your on Catholic Camera!!"

Or Jewish Camera or Moslem Camera et al.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

let's just hope he doesn't fling open the pearly gates, gets you hyped up about achieving the kingdom of heaven, then yells out "You've been Punked"!!!!!