LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

Thou shall not covet another man's wife

Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2018, 8:16 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWaterPlease View Post
They were placed in two distinct categories, First: Commandment #'s 1-4 which pertained to Man's/Woman's relationship to God. Second: Commandment #'s 5-10 which outline Man's/Woman's relationship to his/her fellow man and/or woman.
That is the linear, outer way to read/interpret the Bible, yes. I'm not arguing with it.
Old 20th January 2018, 8:57 AM   #17
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
Why do you ask Pops?

Each poster will answer as they are but what is your question?
A meta-discussion of religion had begun and moderation had its fill of meta-discussions in a thread with a different topic so moved posts in that meta-discussion to a thread in our Religion and Spirituality forum rather than deleting them and sanctioning the members for off-topic excursions. Doing God's work as it were. Excellent topic. Please continue!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 9:31 AM   #18
Established Member

RonniW #14

Quote:
Killing for any reason is, of course, against the Law - so, stoning men to death for rape does not make any better the stoning to death of women for non-marital sex.
(Unless I've misunderstood your reason for adding about the stoning of men?)
I never said that stoning was an acceptable way of going about enforcing the law.
It was you who said that stoning for adultery was a "way of keeping women in line."
I was showing that stoning was a way of keeping anyone in line.

Stoning was practiced because the principle behind it was much like a firing squad - no one person could be sure that they actually killed the miscreant. A kind of anonimity for murder if you like.

The same principle is used in those states in the US that execute by lethal injection. Several people administer various drug via an IV line, so no one person can be completely responsible for the death of the convicted prisoner.
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 12:31 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
It was you who said that stoning for adultery was a "way of keeping women in line."
Oh, okay - thanks for clearing it up for me, Arieswoman.
How you interpreted what I said is not the idea that I intended to put forth, but I do see how the error happened. Thanks again, for taking the time. .
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote