Why would God let people hurt us*

I dont understand why God would let people hurt people? Or hurt ourselves?

I get messed with and bullied all the time...

I'm so tired of it and broken...

I love God, so why would he give people that power?

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes... I have read the Bible cover to cover...

I didn't understand it too much...

There's not many life lessons accept the 10 commandments...

But that wasn't really my question either hun..

I understand my friend. I was bullied and picked on constantly during my teen years.

The truth is life is not fair, there are evil people in this world, and I have found the main thing God can provide during these times of intense persecution is the strength to not allow other's mistreatment of you to alter your own self-identify as a child of God, created in His image.

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

If you would like a theological answer, I can give that, but those types of answers often don't help when you're "knee deep" in the situation. Please also note, that God has instituted authorities to help deal with injustice.

For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

I am unsure of your age and circumstance, but my advice is to not allow this to go without telling someone in authority. If you're an adult, call the police. If you're in school, don't feel afraid to tell an adult or an authority figure. While bullying is still rampant, thankfully the public consciousness has arisen around this issue and it's taken more seriously. When I was in school, I basically had to fist fight or I would have gotten pummeled every day. The old "boys will be boys" no longer cuts it with most school administrations.

• Like 1

It's easy to want to blame someone and often it is God. But, you need to remember that God didn't create the world we have come to know.

God gave us a beautifully sufficient earth to support human life in every way but Satan took over and eventually "we" corrupted it on all levels -- environmentally and socially. It's not God that's doing all this or allowing it, it's Satan. Those bullies have hardened their hearts and are answering Satan's call. It's up to you to stand up to that by demonstrating that you will not bow down to them. If they are physically abusing you, then you need to get someone in authority here on earth to help address that. If they are calling you names, let them. You also need to remember that bullies are usually damaged themselves. They are feeling powerless and perhaps are being abused themselves in some ways so their way to have some sense of control is to attack others that they see as weaker. Try to understand that they themselves are struggling with something -- bad home life, hurt of some kind.

I'm so tired of it and broken... -- And, that's what the bullies want and see and so they will keep trying to break and keep you down. Hold your head high. Exude confidence and strength of attitude. You were fearfully and wonderfully made, remember that.

Talk to God and Jesus and talk to someone in authority at your school and talk about it with friends and family. Get on record about what's going on. God helps those who help themselves. He wants you to be strong and he has given you what you need to remain strong -- Jesus and the Bible. The stronger you grow in Faith, the stronger you will feel in your life.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Like 2
  • Author

I just wanted to say thank you.. I just understand why people have the power to hurt people? So many questions... and no answers honestly.. only to believe in God and his love..

I just dont understand why I have to be subjected to so much violence and negative thoughts? Why can't the world just be a peaceful place? I blame myself... for the ugly in the world... Wht does God punish me in that way I ask him? Why is life so unfair? So unloving and cold...

Do I deserve this?

Do I?

If you say yes, I understand...

I just keep hope in my heart that things will get better....

I just wanted to say thank you.. I just understand why people have the power to hurt people? So many questions... and no answers honestly.. only to believe in God and his love..

I just dont understand why I have to be subjected to so much violence and negative thoughts? Why can't the world just be a peaceful place? I blame myself... for the ugly in the world... Wht does God punish me in that way I ask him? Why is life so unfair? So unloving and cold...

Do I deserve this?

Do I?

Habibiti,

You are young and young in Faith as well. Trust in the Lord. Have Faith that all your questions will be answered in His time.

As I said, the things you are struggling with are not God's doing. Why it happens is because of Satan and sin. And, not necessarily your sin. Look at it this way if you can -- Satan has hold on those people around you. Pray to Jesus for them. Pray for them to shake off those shackles. When they are freed, you will be relieved as well. Turn your focus to Jesus and away from your hurt. The fact that Satan is working in their lives is a bigger problem for them than it is for you, I'd say.

God promises eternal life for those who believe, in a place where there is no more death or mourning or crying or pain. (Rev. 20:4) Following our short lives here, we get to live eternally there in days filled with happiness and joy. He hasn’t given us all the details because if we knew just how great it’s going to be then we’d be even more miserable here.

God wants us to understand that this world is nothing compared to the great things to come. He doesn't want us to be too attached to this world perhaps. What you should do is focus on all the things you love -- God, your family, your friends. Join a youth group of believers. Try to do things to help others who are struggling too. That is rewarding.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Like 1

Yes, there are bullies and bullied on Earth.

My experience in School was that pretty much everyone was bullied, or mocked, insulted. Including me.

Those who keep bullying and be unbearable a-holes for no reasons bite the dust too, eventually. Someday they are the pigeon, some other day they will be the statue.

LivingWaterPlease
Yes... I have read the Bible cover to cover...

I didn't understand it too much...

There's not many life lessons accept the 10 commandments...

But that wasn't really my question either hun..

I realize that wasn't your question, Habibiti. But there is an answer to your question which is beautifully laid out in the Bible, more so than what anyone here can answer you is why I asked that question. However, since you didn't notice the answer when you read through the Bible I will take the time to try to answer your question, though it is more beautifully and fully explained in the Bible.

Also, from what I've read in the Bible there are thousands of life lessons in it. I will list some of them at some point for you, though i don't have time to do so now. I'm saying this with all kindness as you do seem to be seeking truth, but it is odd that you have read the Bible from cover to cover and missed the thousands of life lessons written of therein, perhaps that may be because reading the Bible from cover to cover is not the same thing as reading it from cover to cover while asking for God to guide you into all truth. Since you mention you've missed the life lessons therein let me suggest you reread it asking for God to show you the many lessons in it and to bless you with the truths He has laid out as blessings for you!

The answer to your question is in the Bible and is not a one-sentence answer.

This is a synopsis of what is in the Bible that addresses your question:

First, God gave man/woman freedom of choice when He created them. He could have made us robots where we could only do good, but when He created us He created us for companionship with Him and as high beings, not lowly as the animals. He wanted beings that He could associate with and share the joys of the earth He created for them. This is explained in the book of Genesis where it also explains God made man in His own image and used to come to the garden of Eden to visit with Adam and Eve.

It was explained to Adam and Eve that they should not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil because God wanted them to be protected from hurting each other and themselves, thus God made every provision for man/woman to be protected from any kind of pain.

Our enemy (satan, Lucifer) convinced Eve, that if they ate the fruit God had forbidden they would be like God, knowing good from evil. God had told them they would surely die if they ate it.

In choosing to eat it they did indeed come to know both good and evil, whereas before they ate the fruit they knew only good. Thus, it was not God's choice that they should know and experience evil. So, God didn't give them the power to hurt others, only the power to do good.

Our human ancestors, Adam and Eve, chose to bring evil into the world, despite having been warned of God not to do it as a protection for them. This was against God's plan to protect us from the rebellious satan (Lucifer) who had been cast out of heaven for bringing evil up there.

Before Lucifer was cast from heaven he was one of the most beautiful beings there. But, his pride for being beautiful and brilliant got the best of him and he tried to convince angels in heaven to rebel against God. He did this in very devious ways that were not discernible as evil to many of the holy angels.

God knew that if He killed the evil Lucifer who became known as satan or the devil, the good angels, who had not chosen to rebel in response to Lucifer's wiley seductive biddings, wouldn't trust God anymore as it would seem to them that God had arbitrarily killed one of their own.

God knew, before Adam and Eve sinned by eating the fruit, that He must allow Lucifer to continue living so that the results of rebellion against God, which is evil, death and destruction, would have the opportunity to mature and be clearly revealed before all the universe. That way the created beings, angels, would choose to serve God out of love, not out of fear that He would wipe them out.

So God allowed Lucifer to live in the universe. The Bible clearly explains that there are other worlds in the universe. Lucifer, now satan, came to the apple of God's eye, man, out of revenge to God, to destroy the apple of God's eye, Adam, created in God's image for companionship with Him, as revenge to God.

Once Adam and Eve sinned humans became owned by satan, as a matter of their own choice to serve satan but rebelling against God's instructions not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In spite of this, God's love for man was poured out in that God devised a plan to buy man back as His own, knowing we would not be happy being subjects of satan. That is why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us, so that we would have the hope of one day living with Him in heaven, where no evil exists and where we will no longer hurt each other.

But, right now God is allowing all in the universe, including on this earth, to see the results of humans living with allegiance to satan. He is allowing rebellion against Him to develop fully, which is and will further be evidenced by humans who have not accepted God as their Savior and Lord totally destroying themselves if God doesn't step in at the last minute to save those who have accepted Him as their leader.

It seems clear to many that humans have just about reached the time when, if left to their own devices, they will totally destroy the human race. Look all around you at what is happening on this earth. It seems to many we are not far from the time of evil people annihilating everyone on the planet.

Yet, this, now, is the time given for individuals to accept God's Son, Jesus Christ, as our leader so that we may be saved from the end time destruction of all that is evil. Even at the end of time when wickedness is destroyed from the earth, God takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked (those who have not chosen God and who, by default, belong to satan). The wicked are destroyed not by God but by the sin that is all over them, thus it is their separation from God that finally destroys the wicked. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ are saved, not by their own goodness, but by having accepted the death (blood) of Jesus to cover their humanity and cleanse them from sin. Thus, they are saved from existing with evil and no longer will live in a society where people hurt each other.

All who are saved from this current society we live in, in which sin and rebellion still exist, will, by God's love and power, be extracted into a world where evil and hurt no longer will exist, which was God's plan for humans when He created Him.

The devious enemy of God, satan, is accomplished at working within the mind of those who are not God's own, and even some of those who are just getting to know God, to convince them that it is God's fault that evil, destruction and pain exist. But, nothing could be further from the truth.

Actually, God has sacrificed the thing that was dearest to His heart, His one and only Son, so that humans could have the choice to be restored to a world of good, perfection and total love where pain and hurt no longer exist.

LivingWaterPlease
It's easy to want to blame someone and often it is God. But, you need to remember that God didn't create the world we have come to know.

God gave us a beautifully sufficient earth to support human life in every way but Satan took over and eventually "we" corrupted it on all levels -- environmentally and socially. It's not God that's doing all this or allowing it, it's Satan. Those bullies have hardened their hearts and are answering Satan's call. It's up to you to stand up to that by demonstrating that you will not bow down to them. If they are physically abusing you, then you need to get someone in authority here on earth to help address that. If they are calling you names, let them. You also need to remember that bullies are usually damaged themselves. They are feeling powerless and perhaps are being abused themselves in some ways so their way to have some sense of control is to attack others that they see as weaker. Try to understand that they themselves are struggling with something -- bad home life, hurt of some kind.

I'm so tired of it and broken... -- And, that's what the bullies want and see and so they will keep trying to break and keep you down. Hold your head high. Exude confidence and strength of attitude. You were fearfully and wonderfully made, remember that.

Talk to God and Jesus and talk to someone in authority at your school and talk about it with friends and family. Get on record about what's going on. God helps those who help themselves. He wants you to be strong and he has given you what you need to remain strong -- Jesus and the Bible. The stronger you grow in Faith, the stronger you will feel in your life.

Thanks, Redhead, this is more concise than the answer I wrote.

Habibiti, I didn't see this beautiful response from Redhead before composing my answer to you. So glad you found comfort in her/his words!

But, I do want to add one thing. It was Benjamin Franklin who wrote, "God helps those who help themselves." But the Bible teaches God helps those who are too weak and beaten down to help themselves! That's pretty much most of us at one time or another in our lives! We can depend on God to give us the help we need when we ask Him to!

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
  • Like 1

Do I deserve this?

Do I?

Good questions my friend.

The reason is because people have free will and some people chose to use their free will to commit evil acts. God is not punishing you and you are not to blame for other people hurting you. Bullies act out of their own insecurities. They do not have power in their own lives, so using their strength and influence to hurt those that are vulnerable makes them feel in control of something. Now, that's not an excuse. For example, if some bigger guy is bullying you, God gave him that strength to lend a hand, to help people, and to serve fellow man. Instead, they use their gift for evil. A real man does not have to resort to violence or abuse. That's the cowards way out!

You absolutely do not deserve it. No one has any God-given, or man-given, right to abuse another person. Yes, you should hold hope in your heart, but you should also report anyone bullying you to authority figures.

Justanaverageguy

Because life is about growing, changing and evolving into something more. Into something better. Unfortunately the only way to do that is to live - and bump up against our own and others imperfections so that they can be improved and worked on.

Because god didn't create us as the "finished article". Rather we came as something simple - a crude looking rock which had potential but also many imperfections. These need to be buffed and polished into something more refined and more beautiful. Our interactions with others is part of that buffing and polishing process. The "bumping" process against others while painful - is also necessary for our individual and collective growth.

It sounds like you have bumped into a few bullies in your time which is unfortunate ..... but also indicates an area you personally need to work on. Its a chance for growth. A calling for you to become something better. :)

Bullies themselves are not well balanced people. They have their own issues and imperfections to deal with. Often they have anger and self esteem issues which stem from family or childhood issues. They aren't as tough as they look - it may be something they learn from a parent who is very domineering or it could be a reaction to not having many friends and not being well liked in the social group. They seek dominance as a form of comfort. Because that's the only way they have ever been able to feel successful and like they have "power". They will have their learning journey to go through to resolve this issues and grow past it ..... Just as you have your learning journey.

Because bullies are rarely brave or confident - they are actually normally the opposite. They target people they don't see as confident because they don't think they will be challenged and its an easy way to make themselves feel "adequate". If you are being consistently challenged by Bullies .... then it indicates not just something about them but also something about you. They have seen you as someone who does not project confidence.

And thats ok - I've been in the same boat at different times of my life. What you need to realize is that ..... rather then blaming God and asking him to change all the bullies to make them nicer people ..... This is God actually asking you to change yourself. To become something stronger, more confident, more assertive. This is actually why you are here on earth. To polish and improve yourself and to reach your full potential. To recognize this issue and commit to overcoming it. :)

So next question is how do we come up with a plan for you to combat the bullies. I don't actually recommend fighting them directly (though standing your ground is important). Rather I recommend you work on growing your own self confidence and happiness so Bullies won't even want to challenge you anymore.

The best way to build confidence is to do things you are good at and that make you happy. So can I ask you what your interests are ? Do you have any specific things that you feel your are very good at and enjoy doing ? Also how is your friend circle at the moment ? Do you have friends that share this interest ?

Edited by Justanaverageguy

You would want to live in a world where God controlled every action of every person, every event in the world? Instantly punished every bad action? Blessed every good action?

Life is free will and very difficult. I have been bullied, and have had some terrible losses as a child and young man, and adult. You have my sympathy and empathy. All you can do is keep moving forward, try your best, and help yourself and others where you can. Find peace and joy where you can.

From a practical standpoint you may wish to find a gym that teaches boxing, BJJ, or MMA to learn to defend yourself and deal with bullies.

Edited by dichotomy

Habibiti,

What we are seeing and experiencing on Earth are the consequences of how people use their free will and co-creative power. These are God-given but God does not maintain any control over how we decide to use (or misuse) them.

At the planetary level, it is the influence of the entire collective consciousness and not just our individual mind.

Of course, Jesus himself was also persecuted; arrested, tried, tortured and crucified. If you are open to them, these may help: list and article.