Would it mean anything if you just stopped dreamimg ?

A friend , was telling me she's stopped dreaming , 3yrs now , since her ex h left her.

She's fairly intuitive or psychic and would normally have a lot of dreams connected with a lot of things most of her life.

It was a very nasty break up with her ex and she was in shock for a long time.

personally l just think it took so much out of her and so much to recover that she's just been mentally blocked and so she's not dreaming. She's still just not there but getting there.

But she's been taking it very seriously and is really worried bc it's the first time in her life she doesn't dream.

She's researching and seeing people . Perosnally l think it's a blessing anyway l hate dreaming, messes with my head.

Does it mean anything or anything to worry about that she's not dreaming , are there reasons , like her break up?

Edited by Chilli

You accept that she's not dreaming as a fact. I don't. There are scientific tools and methods for testing this hypothesis that she's not dreaming, and I doubt that she's undertaken those tests. They're expensive.

Before accepting that she's not dreaming and inquiring about the cause or consequences of this highly unlikely premise, you should first ask what kind of test, and in what facility is was administered, made this determination.

She'd likely have had to spend several nights in a clinical setting connected to multiple kinds of neural, vascular, and muscular monitoring equipment to make such a determination.

Not remembering or waking during dreams isn't the same thing as not having them.

• Like 2

Hi Chilli.

As Telemachus said, there is a difference between not remembering one's dreams versus not having any dreams at all.

You could offer to your friend to read up on 'lucid dreaming' and try practicing some of those techniques. Or, a perhaps simpler way is for her to just start making a Call before she falls asleep, to be able to recall with her conscious awareness, her 'nighttime journeys'.

• Like 1

Yes. She's blocking. Dreams are processing things in the subconscious and many times transitioning them to the conscious. So we remember some and forget some. We may not remember a dream until we are ready to deal with the subject matter.

Not dreaming is keeping everything buried in subconscious. It's being unwilling to deal with anything. It's shutting down, pretty much.

As an aside, someone real doped up on barbituates or hard downer drugs might not remember dreams, though some drugs make you dream more or have weird dreams. So know what she's on, if anything.

• Like 2
  • Author

Yeah right. When she says she's not dreaming she only means in her usual way that she's been dreaming in all her life.

The premonitional,flashes,visional recurring type dreams.

They've always been there , but for 3yrs now , nothing.

But l think praraph's onto something.

You see they stopped the day her husband left.

But for 6mths before he left, she was having devil dreams and apparently in their last few mths he literally turned into another man, angry, hateful.

Maybe her subconscious is still protecting her from anymore visional stuff because it's still too soon.

• Author

This is why l think she should just leave it alone and let nature take it's course, it might be protecting her.

Hi there,

Today it is 4 months since the D-day, the day I stopped dreaming or at least I don't remember it (I'm not on pills). Before I used to dream a lot, not like your friend, my dreams were not so intense, always pretty weird, a product of my huge imagination. Now I think my brain is dealing with more segnificant things since I have problems with coping, dealing, accepting it...and I am not worried at all about not dreaming.

• Like 1
  • Author

Good for you inya , what's D day , divorce ?

Me l'm just a normal dreamer , anything at all when l do dream/ But l hate dreaming, messes with my sleep , my head.

Thankfully though l don't dream very often or don't remember them or whatever, suits me just fine haha.

Good for you inya , what's D day , divorce ?

Thank you Chilli, I am gathering the courage to write about it...

• Like 1