LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

Christians divorcing and not remarrying?

Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2017, 8:19 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtThisPOst View Post

Do you know anyone, personally, that actually has practiced this fully?
I am one that has practiced this for several years, and plan to practice it until death do us part.

And any flirting or dating would be sinful for me, so that's off limits.

I actually posted some comments about this topic a few months ago:

[wife not in love anymore]

Last edited by LancasterAmos1966; 20th March 2017 at 8:31 PM.. Reason: Added link
Old 21st March 2017, 12:30 AM   #17
Established Member

I don't have to worry about this because I won't get married again since, as a man, I incur all the liability in a marriage and receive no benefit from a legal standpoint. Issue solved. Thanks, American legal system, for helping me stay true to god's command.
Old 25th March 2017, 5:47 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Logic View Post
The bible is rather clear that re-marriage after divorce is adultry in most circumstances.
Unless there was adultery / sexual imorality on the part of the spouse - then according to the bible and Jesus the person is allowed to divorce their wife/husband.
Old 25th March 2017, 8:47 AM   #19
Established Member

I have a friend who is Greek and when he got divorced he had to go to his church and get some special pardon or he wouldn't even be able to be a godfather.

I'm catholic and if I wanted to get remarried I'd definitely consult with a priest to make sure that I remain in good standing with the church by following their guidelines.