LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

'Christian household'

Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2017, 7:26 PM   #46
Established Member

No human being can convert any other human being. This is the work of the Holy Spirit, alone. Many people have "converted" due to the pressure of a spouse, only to return to their previous beliefs when the relationship ends. Truth is more important than ANY earthly relationship. It should never take second seat to keep a relationship together.
aurelius99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 8:09 PM   #47
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
true christianity is a lifestyle not a social church thing....faith without works is dead.....that in my understanding means, living christianity not just at church among church people...but with everyone you ever meet........he obviously felt strongly enough that you would convert ...like aurelius said conversion is for the holy spirit not for a person to enforce on another....because if it isnt with your whole heart believing....it isnt conversion...one of the reasons for wanting others to come to church is for them to feel the spirit themselves....for them to taste the sweetness that is knowing of god and jesus....a source of comfort and happiness....not resentment

im sorry you had a bad experience.....not all christian followers would have treated you the way he did.....or in the future should you let it stop you from dating a christian guy....it for sure wasnt his christianity that made him treat you the way he did...with dishonesty in his heart and complete lack of understanding..their are dicks everywhere.....in church and out of church..just like their are good righteous men in and outside of church..

christianity never was meant to be a surface trait....but a lifestyle for sure....and maybe that's not the lifestyle for you......i hope you find a good guy wherever you look.....i wish you well....deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote