LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Spirituality & Religious Beliefs

Trump and God


Spirituality & Religious Beliefs Contemplate your place and purpose in the universe.

Like Tree99Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2016, 2:58 AM   #31
Established Member
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: † Calvary †
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1980 View Post
Really and truly, the problem with religion is that it often does not operate in a world of facts.
I guess HuffPost might be a type of religion. I watched them claim Trump would only go in the entertainment section, as he wasn't a serious candidate. When that fact didn't work out, they were giving grave predictions. They still have a tweet with Clinton's chances at like 98%. Facts are cruel schoolmasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy-oliviaWentcher View Post
This has been an interesting debate thanks, everyone.

The media is obviously a bit skewed.
A bit? Did they get anything right?

Trump "Will NEVER Be President" Compilation

I thought they would gain some humility after the election, but as the bible says "a dog to vomit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy-oliviaWentcher View Post
It seems there was an election between Stupid and Evil and Stupid won, having said that, stupid is still quite evil- so it was a lose/lose situation for a big orange baby who has incredibly thin skin but equally loves to insult others who aren't the same as him.

Bizare politics.
Trump certainly is no priest. But I don't really see where that falls into the job description. Stupid is not a word I would use for Trump, nor would I label the American electorate stupid. Media, Hollywood, past Presidents, etc. ALL wrong...I guess you could say what we have here is a miracle LOL

Last edited by TheFinalWord; 23rd November 2016 at 3:19 AM..
TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:41 PM   #32
Established Member
 
BC1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I guess HuffPost might be a type of religion. I watched them claim Trump would only go in the entertainment section, as he wasn't a serious candidate. When that fact didn't work out, they were giving grave predictions. They still have a tweet with Clinton's chances at like 98%. Facts are cruel schoolmasters.
Are you insinuating that people see news outlets as a type of religion, and HuffPo should be held to the same standards as Christianity? I believe that people see politics as a type of religion. People are desperate to believe in something. I know you've said before that you think God is using Trump. Do you still believe that?


Save
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 3:09 PM   #33
Established Member
 
pureinheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a very good place!
Posts: 14,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1980 View Post
Are you insinuating that people see news outlets as a type of religion, and HuffPo should be held to the same standards as Christianity? I believe that people see politics as a type of religion. People are desperate to believe in something. I know you've said before that you think God is using Trump. Do you still believe that?


Save
I've said it also, and believe that too
__________________
Nothing is impossible for God...
pureinheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 3:25 PM   #34
Established Member
 
BC1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureinheart View Post
I've said it also, and believe that too
I don't remember you saying that, but I know a lot of people who feel similarly. If you don't mind, may I ask why? And this is not an attempt to belittle or make fun of your beliefs. I believe in God (depending on which day you ask me ), so I realize that I also believe something that is in no way supported by fact or reason.
Save
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 5:16 PM   #35
Established Member
 
simpleNfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Where the snow is better than in Colorado!
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy-oliviaWentcher View Post
From an outsider ( not an American) I've heard a lot about Trump being " godly ordained" to be the leader of the free world. He seems like a complete buffoon to me. However, the choices ( out of democrats and Republicans) weren't exactly great either.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? What opinions do people have about Trump being " ordained by God"

thanks

He causes the sun to rise on good people and on evil people, and he sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong. Matthew 5:45 (NCV)

The whole "ordained" thing is more right-wing evangelical rhetoric. They only believe those whom they support are ordained and everyone else as usurpers.

Trump doesn't share the same, self-contrived spiritual beliefs as the evangelicals do, but does share some of the same worldly/political views. And even then, not all.

The evangelical right have long been revealed for the hypocrites they are. Their very origin is of hate. I never have and do not take the religious right serious.
__________________
...love being a father!
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 9:28 PM   #36
Established Member
 
pureinheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a very good place!
Posts: 14,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1980 View Post
I don't remember you saying that, but I know a lot of people who feel similarly. If you don't mind, may I ask why? And this is not an attempt to belittle or make fun of your beliefs. I believe in God (depending on which day you ask me ), so I realize that I also believe something that is in no way supported by fact or reason.
Save
LOL, I think I said it somewhere on the 2016 presidential election thread.. and debated it with BB on that same thread? But who knows it could have been on FB too

You know BC, IMO Trump either became a Christian shortly after the Primaries or was backslidden. After seeing many pictures of Pastors and spiritual leaders laying hands on him and praying over him, I began to see a difference in his outlandish behavior (which on some levels was probably on purpose). He seemed to be more centered. Maybe I am wrong about his salvation (but do not think so), but I saw a change of heart. I trust my judgement on this one.

I believe there is a radical anointing placed on him... I see it.

Think about it, without going into every single detail, he defied all odds... Gods in complete control of this ... He's in control of everything, but I have not seen Him move like this on a national level ever in my lifetime, with the exception of Israel's 1967 conflict.

During this election I was continually reminded of Scripture stating that He was about to do something in my day, that if He were to tell me, I would not believe it... that is severe paraphrasing though.

Thank you for being so cool BC in your wording, I so appreciate it!
pureinheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 2:14 AM   #37
Established Member
 
pureinheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a very good place!
Posts: 14,070
Here ya go BB, on another thread you had asked if Trump confessed Jesus with his mouth..

Pres-Elect Donald Trump To Christianity?s Big Question: ?Who Is Jesus?? His Response Will Surprise You! - Discipleship Nation
pureinheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 8:51 AM   #38
Established Member
 
MissCongeniality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
As someone from across the other side of The Pond, I think Trump's relationship with God is his business, and no-one else's
Yeah but the media will find some way to demonize it. If he was a devout Christian they'd call him a backwards thinking bible thumper. If he was an atheist the media would call him a godless heathen.
MissCongeniality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 2:19 PM   #39
Established Member
 
dichotomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA central
Posts: 4,380
Trump "made a deal" with a select faction of Christians on certain narrow political issues - Muslims, gays, abortion, etc. In return this select group of evangelical Christians "anointed him" born again and threw their support behind him.

He is good at making deals. Interviews with these followers proved they dont care about how he lives his life, what he does, as long as he delivers on the deal.

Many other Christians would see Trump as a false follower of Christ.
__________________
“Now I see that I will never find the light unless like a candle, I am my own fuel”

Last edited by dichotomy; 24th November 2016 at 2:22 PM..
dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:08 PM   #40
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpwardForward View Post
I could agree.

Except we need to plan for the Wall - Now. ).
You also need to plan for how you will justify disobeying Jesus Christ to Christian Americans who love their southern neighbors and don't want to build a Berlin-like wall, shutting out our neighbors.

Jesus Christ did not command His followers to build man-made walls, but rather to love their neighbors as oneself, to "invite the stranger in", and to help the poor.

Jesus Christ trumps Trump!!!


In case some people are not aware, Jesus Christ is not American. Followers of Jesus Christ are adopted into a global Kingdom that transcends man-made borders and earthly time.

And, what's so awesome about the Kingdom of Heaven is that anybody has the potential to become citizens!!! While this may shock some Americans, but Jesus Christ loves poor illegal immigrants too!!! I know, it's amazing and scandalous, and it's possible that some American Christians would look down on Jesus for daring to love who they don't love.

Thankfully, Jesus' apostles did not look down on Jesus for talking with the Samaritan woman, and for breaking the wall between Jew and Gentile! While Jesus' apostles could have built physical walls against the Gentiles, they told them about Jesus instead, once they learned the Truth. Jesus' love transcends man-made borders. I pray someday Trump and his supporters learn that very important lesson!
__________________
"Love your neighbor as yourself"
"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you"- Jesus Christ
BetheButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 1:14 PM   #41
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureinheart View Post
Here ya go BB, on another thread you had asked if Trump confessed Jesus with his mouth..

Pres-Elect Donald Trump To Christianity?s Big Question: ?Who Is Jesus?? His Response Will Surprise You! - Discipleship Nation
“Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence. Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind.” - Trump

Pres-Elect Donald Trump To Christianity?s Big Question: ?Who Is Jesus?? His Response Will Surprise You! - Discipleship Nation

Anybody "can think" about Jesus. However there is a big difference between the ability to think about Him and actually obeying Him.

Jesus Christ very clearly said, "If you love me, keep my commands." - John 14:15

He didn't say, oh, if you can think about me, that's all I want.

Jesus' apostles gave up everything for Jesus, including their own lives; they didn't just express that they "can think about" Him; they actively followed Him, obeyed Him.

Jesus doesn't want Christians to be lukewarm. He wants His followers to be 100% committed to Him, obeying Him.

“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’

But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” - Revelations 3:14-22 (NIV)


Is Jesus obedient to the Father? Yep. He didn't just say He could; He actually did.

"I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me." - Jesus Christ (John 14:31b)

Jesus Christ expects obedience of everyone who calls himself or herself His follower (a Christian). That's why He warned people to measure the cost before deciding to follow Him:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." - Matthew 16:24 (NIV)

Let's take for example the rich young ruler. He could follow Jesus, and he definitely thought about it, but he considered the cost for doing so too great to actually follow Jesus.

J
esus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” - Matthew 19:21-24 (NIV)


People in this life have a choice: follow the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:16) or follow Jesus.

We can't serve both God and money. Jesus makes that clear (Matthew 6:24; Luke 16:13).

Last edited by BetheButterfly; 9th January 2017 at 1:20 PM..
BetheButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 12:31 PM   #42
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Trump and God

God doesnt deserve my love, people do. They are deserving of love, compassion, understanding, and kindness. I think a better term would be humanitarianism.Â*Â*
KiCouchPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 12:42 PM   #43
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,372
I really don't understand how expecting people to uphold the law is the same as hating said people. Why not let everyone break the law and get away with it? I also think that if we are to open our country to the poor we can't pick and choose who those people are. Why not open the country to everyone if this is the case and remove all vetting and borders.
stillafool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 1:50 PM   #44
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiCouchPotato View Post
God doesnt deserve my love, people do. They are deserving of love, compassion, understanding, and kindness.
God doesn't NEED your love because God IS Love...and, God is the Source of whatever love you can, from within your own heart, muster for people.
Ditto compassion, understanding and kindness.
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 4:40 PM   #45
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy-oliviaWentcher View Post
From an outsider ( not an American) I've heard a lot about Trump being " godly ordained" to be the leader of the free world. He seems like a complete buffoon to me. However, the choices ( out of democrats and Republicans) weren't exactly great either.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? What opinions do people have about Trump being " ordained by God"

thanks
God's ordained have always been the unlikeliest of people. Abraham was an idolator. Moses was an Egyptian who stuttered. David was a shepherd boy who killed a giant warrior. Jesus, King of Kings, was born dirt poor to a carpenter whose wife got pregnant without him. St. Augustine was a drunken philanderer. They all followed the call and transformed themselves, then transformed society.

Men who are commonly understood to be evil have other characteristics. They are well spoken, inspirational, smooth and persuasive, and almost universally well-liked at first.

This is not to say that Trump is one or the other, although I'd put him in the "unlikely" category. He may just be one more in a long line of people with big egos who long for this type of work. Only time will tell.
mightycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:41 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.