Tried a new church 2day

StillHurtin

H and I haven't been back to church since we moved to a different town a year and half ago. Ever since we have been 2gether (14 years) we have been going to the same church w/ the same pastor. It was hard going to a new church, new ppl, new pastor, different service. H and I were not comfortable w/ the church. We didn't really feel welcomed. When we were greeted at the door the lady shook our hands but gave us an odd look, not a smile. I didn't feel like we were welcomed into the church. I am not use to the pastor wearing a robe and a ribbon around his neck. I am use to just a suit and tie. I was raised in the Baptist Church but H wasn't so I think he wanted something neutral. We both agreed it isn't the church for us. Onto another.

Please don't let this dicourage you from visiting other Churches. When you walk into one and feel like you're home, that's the Church for you. I wish you luck!

• Author
StillHurtin

Thanks Moose. We wont let this discourage us from trying a new church. We both just felt this particular one wasn't for us. I thought we would try this one b/c the company I work for rents a part of the church so I see the pastor almost on a daily basis plus some of the other members. I thought it would be nice to try a church where I knew the pastor. I am sure the pastor will ask me how we like our visit. What should I say? Just tell him the service was good (which it was) but that both H and I are going to try other churches? His service wasn't bad, we just didn't feel comfortable at this church.

I wouldn't tell him you were uncomfortable. Of all people, he should know that when you're looking for a Church to never commit to the very first one you visit. Let him know that you are searching for you home Church right now, and perhaps you'll visit his again in the future. I'm sure he'll understand.