Jesus Culture: NOT Jesus Centered.

The band Jesus Culture I believe is a heretical and even sometimes blasphemous band that came from the confines of the grossly erroneous Bethel Church in Redding, California which is headed by Bill Johnson, who is also one of the most heretical Charasmatic leaders in the country. The whole Jesus Culture thing is to lure and draw the youth into the Bethel movement which is also connected to IHOP(International House Of Prayer). These churches and movements have been proven to be unbelievably false and I pray that God shows our youth that in His Word, that the Bible said false prophets and teachers would arise like this in the last days. Thoughts?

I don't think we're anywhere near the last days.

According to the website 'Universe Today' the Sun has another 4.5 to 5.5 billion years before it depletes it's source of Hydrogen.

We may poison the oceans with plastic and wipe ourselves out, but that will be our doing, not Gods.

[tiny beads from Cosmetics and micro fibre strands from laundering synthetic materials. These act as magnets for toxic chemicals we dump in the Oceans. Tiny plastic particles are already being found in the gut of Plankton, the foundation of the food chain.

]Warning over fleeces that release thousands of tiny toxic microplastic fibres that kill marine animals every time they're washed | Daily Mail Online

People still have freedom to worship as they see fit. People still have freedom of speech and can interpret the Word to suit their needs, they always have, be it for good or ill.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
planning4later
The band Jesus Culture I believe is a heretical and even sometimes blasphemous band that came from the confines of the grossly erroneous Bethel Church in Redding, California which is headed by Bill Johnson, who is also one of the most heretical Charasmatic leaders in the country. The whole Jesus Culture thing is to lure and draw the youth into the Bethel movement which is also connected to IHOP(International House Of Prayer). These churches and movements have been proven to be unbelievably false and I pray that God shows our youth that in His Word, that the Bible said false prophets and teachers would arise like this in the last days. Thoughts?

Modern Christians, in general, want the kingdom...without the king. They want the benefits and blessings...without righteousness and obedience. Start talking about who God is from a purely scriptural standpoint, and even most of your "finest" church-going Christians will quickly walk away and start saying, "My god is not like that." This is because their God is a creation of their imagination, not the true God as revealed by the prophets through scripture.

• Like 2

I actually have a cousin that went to Bethel. Her parents are very strong Christians and we were all a little bit worried that it was a cult, but it turned out to be ok. She learned good and useful things and didn't come away with any strange teachings.

• Like 1
planning4later
I actually have a cousin that went to Bethel. Her parents are very strong Christians and we were all a little bit worried that it was a cult, but it turned out to be ok. She learned good and useful things and didn't come away with any strange teachings.

What is "strange" teaching?

The bible says God is strange, did you know that? (Isaiah 28:21)

Truth is not determined by what sounds strange versus what sounds right. Truth is the truth and honestly our opinion of it means nothing. If anything, due to our fallen nature, the truth will sound strange and even wrong to us.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to respond to your question especially when your point revolves around the context of these being the 'last days'. Not to say the pot calling the kettle black but that I doubt sounding the trumpet for some potential impeding disaster is sufficient logical grounds to warrant my concurrence in your dismissal of another third person's religious actions and motivations.

Rather if you want to discuss the merits of whether their actions are in line with their beliefs (not yours or my beliefs) and are earnest religious undertakings vs a dog and pony show to draw income, I'd be more than willing to dissect and analyze each piece by piece.

But if judgements coming like you said then I think I have way too many other important things I'd like to do before it gets here. Lol

LancasterAmos1966
What is "strange" teaching?

The bible says God is strange, did you know that? (Isaiah 28:21)

Truth is not determined by what sounds strange versus what sounds right. Truth is the truth and honestly our opinion of it means nothing. If anything, due to our fallen nature, the truth will sound strange and even wrong to us.

You are correct Planning4later.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. John 6:66

In the verses prior to #66, Jesus was making some statements that were "strange" to many people; and they stopped following him.

planning4later
You are correct Planning4later.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. John 6:66

In the verses prior to #66, Jesus was making some statements that were "strange" to many people; and they stopped following him.

Yea it's scary to think about it...how thousands of people could be sitting in church pews on a weekly basis, but if God literally met them in the fashion like Jesus did, they would quickly realize they want nothing to do with him because their hearts are not divinely changed to love truth over the natural path of wickedness.

Jesus was not a liked person. He was despised, at large. That was the norm of the majority--to despise him. It was only those whose eyes God opened that felt the call to love and obey him.

Edited by planning4later
  • Like 1

I haven't researched this, but will. I wanted to comment only to say how disturbed I am concerning what has happened to the church. I would like to be specific, although that would hijack your thread possibly... Some very big names with giant churches are leading the masses astray:(

• Like 1