Corruption of Christianity

• Author
joystickd
Can you please summarize the main points?

I posted the link so a person could read

TheFinalWord

Oh, okay.

Nearly all of the writers of the New Testament predicted that changes would occur in key beliefs after their deaths. That people would “fall away” and that “apostasy” would enter the body of believers. Consider the following verses:

False doctrines and apostasy were occurring during their lifetimes. Paul wrote half of his epistles to correct error and false doctrine.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

why did you post this....what do you find interesting or important joystickd

• Author
joystickd

It's a reason I say Roman Jesus. It's not to be insulting but to point out the fact that majority of Christian traditions originate from Catholicism. The ideas in Catholicism have some basis in pagan traditions. A lot of false teaching being taught. It's why it's seen as evil in Revelation. The false prophet is the Pope

TheFinalWord
It's a reason I say Roman Jesus. It's not to be insulting but to point out the fact that majority of Christian traditions originate from Catholicism. The ideas in Catholicism have some basis in pagan traditions. A lot of false teaching being taught. It's why it's seen as evil in Revelation. The false prophet is the Pope

I am not a Roman Catholic. Good debate by the late Dr. Martin

I do not think the Pope is the antichrist/false prophet in Revelation. Personally, I don't think anyone has a clue about who these people are. :) I think the identify of the anti-Christ will be hidden the same way the identify of Christ was hidden. No one had a clue about Jesus until he opened their eyes.

Edited by TheFinalWord
LookAtThisPOst

When I see so-called other religions besmirching OTHER religions (My religion is better than yours)...I write those other people out of my lives.

I do not think the Pope is the antichrist/false prophet in Revelation

Yeah, this kind of talk makes me laugh. People who talk like this are usually a bit off their rocker anyhow. It's kind of a scare tactic to recruit more people into their church.

• Like 4
  • Author
joystickd
When I see so-called other religions besmirching OTHER religions (My religion is better than yours)...I write those other people out of my lives.

Yeah, this kind of talk makes me laugh. People who talk like this are usually a bit off their rocker anyhow. It's kind of a scare tactic to recruit more people into their church.

It's not about recruitment because I have no affilitation with a church but Revelation points this out. I just want truth.

• Like 1
Cablebandit

If you really want truth, you are going to need to find a valid epistemology (how we know things) for determining truth. Faith isn't it. Start there. If faith is enough to validate your beliefs as truth, you are going to have to accept the truthfulness of other claims based on faith.

• Author
joystickd
If you really want truth, you are going to need to find a valid epistemology (how we know things) for determining truth. Faith isn't it. Start there. If faith is enough to validate your beliefs as truth, you are going to have to accept the truthfulness of other claims based on faith.

My issue is this how in the hell can the head of a religion that started in Israel be in Rome. Anyone looking objectively would see it as corruption and a way to promote an agenda. People have been sheep and accepted it but not me. I've really read and researched and this is the conclusion I've come up with. I believe in God just like others but I'm just not going to accept something because it's the way it's always been.

• Like 2
My issue is this how in the hell can the head of a religion that started in Israel be in Rome. Anyone looking objectively would see it as corruption and a way to promote an agenda. People have been sheep and accepted it but not me. I've really read and researched and this is the conclusion I've come up with. I believe in God just like others but I'm just not going to accept something because it's the way it's always been.

Yes, Christianity has always promoted an agenda. The thing is that everyone interprets the Bible differently. So who is correct? Is there an absolute correctness? I remember in grad school, a professor asked, "Does the reader write the text?" The class was split on the answer, but I would say that the reader writes the text.

The very odd thing is that Christianity needs institutionalization. As human beings, we need things to be institutionalized, so we can function with some form of structure. Anarchy doesn't work. Of course, with institutionalization comes corruption. It's a necessary evil. There is good and bad.

I think it's good to question tradition. I wouldn't believe something because that's the way it's always been, but that route is safe for a lot of people. Some people are very threatened by change. In a world with very few certainties, believing in a religion that cannot change is a comfort and a coping mechanism. I think it's good to try to understand and be sympathetic with other views because you really don't know that person's story. We all have our own coping mechanisms, and religion can be a very effective one for many people.

Cablebandit

Ask yourself where Christianity came from.....a perversion of Judaism which is a perversion of the henotheism that it came from and so forth.

There is a legitimate reason that the Jews didn't accept Jesus as the messiah. Look at it objectively as you can muster when researching.

• Author
joystickd
Ask yourself where Christianity came from.....a perversion of Judaism which is a perversion of the henotheism that it came from and so forth.

There is a legitimate reason that the Jews didn't accept Jesus as the messiah. Look at it objectively as you can muster when researching.

Like I said I believe in God but that is as far as I will take it .

TheFinalWord

One misconception I think you have is that Christianity was not exclusive to the Jews or Israel. I'm not a Roman Catholic, so I am not arguing for Rome necessarily, but the premise of Christianity in general.

Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am he.”

If you look at the New Testament, especially the book of Romans, it is very clear that Christ's work allowed gentiles to become grafted into the family of God. Peter (a Jew) said Paul's writings were scripture, so there really is no problem with Christianity expanding beyond Israel.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Paul explains why..

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

The Jewish people had a history of killing prophets of God, including God Himself in the person of Jesus. If you look at the history of Israel, it is easy to see why Israel rejected Christ.

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! ...Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

• Like 3
todreaminblue
Like I said I believe in God but that is as far as I will take it .

hey joystick, I am not as well read as some others are on here with scriptures...i know a few, they normally just come to me...like blessed are the meek they shall inherit the earth....is floating around in my head ...i love that scripture.....and psalms about green pastures and no more tears....and matthew 18 20 which i found when someone needed it just recently.....

what i do know is i dont knock others and their religion who am i to do that

i found my truth.....my truth resonated from my heart ...it felt true to me....and i am happier than i have ever been spiritually......i feel at peace....it doesnt matter to me what people say they could say what they thought and give me anti this and anti that and im going to hell.....and i do not feel any shift or doubt...just a peacefulness and a smile in my heart.....that i am on the right path for me......

i certainly wouldnt put stock on what was written on the internet even if it was by someone holding a doctorate or degree..opinions and beliefs change...your faith shouldnt......follow your heart...you will find what is right for you ..what is truth....with prayer....and faith...and your heart...you will feel the truth not just hear it or read it.......best wishes...deb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
One misconception I think you have is that Christianity was not exclusive to the Jews or Israel. I'm not a Roman Catholic, so I am not arguing for Rome necessarily, but the premise of Christianity in general.

Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am he.”

If you look at the New Testament, especially the book of Romans, it is very clear that Christ's work allowed gentiles to become grafted into the family of God. Peter (a Jew) said Paul's writings were scripture, so there really is no problem with Christianity expanding beyond Israel.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Paul explains why..

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

The Jewish people had a history of killing prophets of God, including God Himself in the person of Jesus. If you look at the history of Israel, it is easy to see why Israel rejected Christ.

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! ...Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

I'll put it like this would it make sense for Islam to have a main headquarters in Detroit. No it started in Arabia. That is all I'm saying if you move it somewhere else then there is an agenda as to why it's being moved. It's to control the ideas.

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
I'll put it like this would it make sense for Islam to have a main headquarters in Detroit. No it started in Arabia

That's an awesome point, though many Muslims will disagree with you. However, you're right; Islam started in Arabia with Muhammad. The Muslims who disagree with us however will claim that Islam started with Adam. They believe that Abraham was a Muslim, and Moses, and King David, and Jesus.

Christianity however started in Bethlehem, Judea with Jesus Christ. (Jesus called the land Israel sometimes too.)

For the record, Abraham did not identify himself as a Christian, though Jesus did say that before Abraham was, "I am." (John 8:58). I believe all Jesus' words are true.

Moses also did not identify himself as a Christian, though Jesus said that Moses wrote about him (John 5:46).

The fact is, people were first called Christians here: (I boldened some.)

News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." - Acts 11:22-26 (NIV)

Before this, Jesus' disciples, both in Jerusalem where the church leaders were located, and around the world, were simply called believers or Jesus' disciples.

. That is all I'm saying if you move it somewhere else then there is an agenda as to why it's being moved. It's to control the ideas.

Awesome point.

The church leaders left Jerusalem because Rome destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD. :(

It is ironic that later on, the bishop of Rome took control of many other churches in other cities and nations.

BetheButterfly

I think it's important to distinguish between Jewish leaders versus Jewish people in general. Sadly, some Jewish leaders did advocate for Jesus (Yeshua or a variant) to be killed. However, other Jewish people did not want him to be killed, including his disciples, all of whom were Jewish. Jesus' mother Mary is also Jewish. Jesus is Jewish.

While I don't think you are negatively generalizing Jewish people, some people can read it as a negative generalization cause horribly, church history is filled with racism against Jewish people. :( One of my Jewish professors here in the USA told about Christians calling her a "Jesus killer" and hating on her when she didn't even know who Jesus is. As you can imagine, that very much hurt her ideas of Jesus, who she thought was a Gentile god till she learned more about him.

As many Christians understand, all people "killed" Jesus. Have you ever heard the song by Ray Boltz about this? It's a beautiful, deep song about how we, no matter our ethnicity or religion, killed Jesus, since he took the punishment for our sins, no matter our ethnicity or religion:

"The Hammer" by Ray Boltz

So, it's important not to negatively generalize Jewish people, since they are diverse, same as every other group of people are diverse. Again, the religious Jewish leaders during Jesus' time advocated for him to be killed, not the Jewish people in general. The Jewish people who followed Jesus later realized that Jesus' death and resurrection is in fulfillment of prophecy (Isaiah 53, Psalm 22). It is the will of the Father that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind.

TheFinalWord
I'll put it like this would it make sense for Islam to have a main headquarters in Detroit. No it started in Arabia. That is all I'm saying if you move it somewhere else then there is an agenda as to why it's being moved. It's to control the ideas.

You won't get any argument from me that corrupt individuals have attempted to use the name of Christ to gain power and control. That started all the way back in Acts, which Paul addressed.

Thankfully, many true servants of Christ, such as

, and
, gave their lives to ensure Christians could have access to the gospels so people could study the gospels for themselves.
TheFinalWord
I think it's important to distinguish between Jewish leaders versus Jewish people in general. Sadly, some Jewish leaders did advocate for Jesus (Yeshua or a variant) to be killed. However, other Jewish people did not want him to be killed, including his disciples, all of whom were Jewish. Jesus' mother Mary is also Jewish. Jesus is Jewish.

While I don't think you are negatively generalizing Jewish people, some people can read it as a negative generalization cause horribly, church history is filled with racism against Jewish people. :( One of my Jewish professors here in the USA told about Christians calling her a "Jesus killer" and hating on her when she didn't even know who Jesus is. As you can imagine, that very much hurt her ideas of Jesus, who she thought was a Gentile god till she learned more about him.

As many Christians understand, all people "killed" Jesus. Have you ever heard the song by Ray Boltz about this? It's a beautiful, deep song about how we, no matter our ethnicity or religion, killed Jesus, since he took the punishment for our sins, no matter our ethnicity or religion:

"The Hammer" by Ray Boltz

So, it's important not to negatively generalize Jewish people, since they are diverse, same as every other group of people are diverse. Again, the religious Jewish leaders during Jesus' time advocated for him to be killed, not the Jewish people in general. The Jewish people who followed Jesus later realized that Jesus' death and resurrection is in fulfillment of prophecy (Isaiah 53, Psalm 22). It is the will of the Father that Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind.

I am just giving a general review.

Christ Himself took the same approach, often looking at the entire nation of Israel as having one mind and spirit.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

Edited by TheFinalWord
  • Author
You won't get any argument from me that corrupt individuals have attempted to use the name of Christ to gain power and control. That started all the way back in Acts, which Paul addressed.

Thankfully, many true servants of Christ, such as

, and
, gave their lives to ensure Christians could have access to the gospels so people could study the gospels for themselves.

Then the Europeans that forced other groups to convert to Christianity and showed then the pics of a European Jesus conditioning them to see the Europeans as Gods. Anyone could see the agenda.

BetheButterfly
I am just giving a general review.

Christ Himself took the same approach, often looking at the entire nation of Israel as having one mind and spirit.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

Jesus Christ did not negatively generalize Jewish people.

If you continue the context, you will see that Jerusalem will see Jesus Christ again, saying "‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord"! :):love:

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[Psalm 118:26]

- Matthew 23:37-39 (NIV)

Jerusalem will see Jesus Christ again, when He returns! :)

This however does not negate the fact that Jesus is Jewish, his mother Mary is Jewish, and his apostles are all Jewish, as well as other Jewish people who faithfully followed him.

Again, sadly church history includes horrible persecution against Jewish people because some Christians horribly disobeyed Jesus Christ's commands to love neighbors as oneself and love enemies. The KKK is a "Christian" group that negatively generalizes Jewish people. :(

Jesus Christ did not negatively generalize Jewish people; he himself is Jewish (Matthew 1:1-16; Luke 3:23-34).

Did he rebuke Jewish people? Yes. He even rebuked Peter. However, rebuking is not negatively generalizing.

TheFinalWord
Then the Europeans that forced other groups to convert to Christianity and showed then the pics of a European Jesus conditioning them to see the Europeans as Gods. Anyone could see the agenda.

Evidence? Especially the picture angle.