God and nightmares

Green_Manalishi

I was raised in a Christian home, and I was saved and baptized at a young age. I am in my 40's now, but have never really had a real relationship with God. To make a long story short, my negative experiences with all of it has left me jaded.

For years I have been having these apocalyptic dreams while I am asleep. I wake up sweating and absolutely terrified. They are extremely vivid.

Here's the last one I had:

The sun is heading straight on a collision course with the earth. The sky was a dark red/blackish color and the sun was eclipsed with the moon or something. It looked close enough to reach. I am freaking out. The only words from my lips are ... "I haven't repented" and "I'm doomed".

Is it this?

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." [Proverbs 22:6]

It means nothing really but also everything......as with everything we do and say. Action and words on the scale of things mean little....but like a note in a score, a stitch in a quilt or a piece of a puzzle, have intrinsic value.

So you have dreams that are powerful to you but you are the only one who will understand the significance.....if any. Maybe you are experiencing guilt, maybe there is a communication. You already know that you have these dreams for a reason. The why is for you.

The Horseman ride......? What is happening in your subconscious is indicative of waking conscience.....go from there.

Think dreams are a way of letting out the stress of life sometimes..

I hate the ones where it`s all getting sexual and then for no reason at all your best mate turns up and ruins everything.

Or maybe that`s only me....

I was raised in a Christian home, and I was saved and baptized at a young age. I am in my 40's now, but have never really had a real relationship with God. To make a long story short, my negative experiences with all of it has left me jaded.

For years I have been having these apocalyptic dreams while I am asleep. I wake up sweating and absolutely terrified. They are extremely vivid.

Here's the last one I had:

The sun is heading straight on a collision course with the earth. The sky was a dark red/blackish color and the sun was eclipsed with the moon or something. It looked close enough to reach. I am freaking out. The only words from my lips are ... "I haven't repented" and "I'm doomed".

Is it this?

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." [Proverbs 22:6]

If you can, I would pray about this, as I see them as significant- these aren't just 'pizza' dreams or working out stuff in the subconscious.

God uses many avenues to speak to us, dreams is one of them.

• Like 1

Since the OP spoke specifically about Christianity, I would like to remind everyone that people have been having dreams and nightmares since antiquity; long before the time of the supposed Jesus.

So it's only a matter of grade-school logic to understand that these dreams are highly unlikely to have anything to do with rejecting the God of Abraham.

Is it this?

Speaking from experience, I would say, "Brainwash a child and they will spend the rest of their life trying to undo the damage... if they make it that far. Many never escape the brainwashing."

Since many children raised with religion do eventually reject it, obviously proverbs was wrong or religion isn't "the way he should go". I would imagine that just about every parent in the world wishes that children followed the course set by their parents. But they don't. So it is just wishful thinking.

Edited by Robert Z

A lot of dreams are from our subconscious. If you are worrying about "not repenting" or anything else that you spend time thinking about then the chances are you will have some kind of dream/nightmare about it.

It doesn't mean anything other than these are thoughts that have occupied and continue to occupy your mind.

• Author
Green_Manalishi
If you can, I would pray about this, as I see them as significant- these aren't just 'pizza' dreams or working out stuff in the subconscious.

I have this void I just can't seem to fill. A feeling of emptiness. There's something inside of me, and it just won't go away.

If you really stop and think of the nature of God, i feel like God doesn't need words from a person to know their heart condition. God is already in tune with your truth. The sudden death of a child doesn't leave a father upset thinking: He never apologized. Repentance, like many religious concepts behoove me.

I have this void I just can't seem to fill. A feeling of emptiness. There's something inside of me, and it just won't go away.

Awwww ((((hugs)))) I've been there G and am just coming out of it. IMO the only way to fill that void is through Jesus Christ...

I wish I had those perfect right words... for me I felt lost, didn't know where to turn.

Since the OP spoke specifically about Christianity, I would like to remind everyone that people have been having dreams and nightmares since antiquity; long before the time of the supposed Jesus.

So it's only a matter of grade-school logic to understand that these dreams are highly unlikely to have anything to do with rejecting the God of Abraham.

I don't understand what you are trying to say to me. I can't put together what was quoted (from me) and your statement... sorry :o

• Like 1
  • Author
Green_Manalishi
Awwww ((((hugs)))) I've been there G and am just coming out of it. IMO the only way to fill that void is through Jesus Christ...

I wish I had those perfect right words... for me I felt lost, didn't know where to turn.

Thank you.:)

In my heart, I know what I should do. I keep resisting it though.