Nobody resists God's will

Investment

Nobody really resists God's will because it is part of God's will for all to resist His will for a season. God hardens and softens hearts at any given time for purposes known only to Him. You may be a target of God hardening your heart without you even knowing it. God hardened Pharoah's heart.

Calvinistic Universalism is how I interpret the Scriptures about salvation and God's sovereignty. God is still on plan A. The fall of humanity and restoration of all humanity were both preordained of God. There is no such thing as free will. We may have freedom to choose according to what we want but we don't get to choose our wants.

Our desires are caused by outside forces and not because we choose the desires. I can choose to eat or not eat chocolate ice cream but I don't get to choose whether I will like chocolate ice cream or not. I don't get to choose whether I like green vegetables or not. I don't get to choose whether I will be attracted to a man or a woman or which women I will be attracted to. I wish I didn't fall for a work colleague who is 20 years older than me. I didn't just decide one day that it would be a good idea to fall for her but I did. I just choose at least for now to not do anything with the attraction.

Down here on earth our governments can only regulate human behavior but they cannot regulate internal thoughts and desires. But God is interested in much more than having compliant servants. He really is all about changing the internal when and how He pleases. Each soul has an appointed time I believe for a conversion experience with God. No one comes to the Father apart from being drawn by the Spirit John 6:44. He will draw everyone in His own time John 12:31-33.

The Greek word for draw is the word heluko which means to drag like a magnet pulling the object in. God will have everyone saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth 1 Timothy 2-3-6.

Free will doctrine is so overrated both in Christian religion and in the world system. It is very popular philosophy that man is in charge of their destiny. I think it is a strong delusion. Just because a philosophy is popular doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned or not thought critically over. Where was our free will choice in our birth? As far as I know none of us chose to be born. We didn't sign up for coming into the world. We didn't choose when we would be born or who our parents would be or what our genetic makeup would be like. We didn't get to choose the neighborhood we would grow up in. So why do we think we have control over what happens to us when we die?

There's a reason we didn't choose many of the things I mentioned. That is because we don't own this universe. The universe doesn't revolve around human plans and human ambitions and human agendas. Humans are not the center of the universe. Our weather disturbances should remind us that we are not in as much control of our lives as we'd like to think. Some folks try to compete with Mother Nature anyway and drive in a snowstorm when they don't really have to be out in it. I'm not going to compete with Mother Nature. God set it up that she would take higher priority over human plans and agendas. We are just renting space here temporary and we are all guests.

Edited by Investment
casey.lives

yes you can resist Go's will.... it's called falling to temptation. God's will is his and ours is FREE will. We are not slaves to God ... we are loyal to God. we CHOOSE HIS WILL!!!!