Do you go to church?

Eternal love

Do you go to church? Why or why not? If you do go how often do you attend? What's the denomination of your church if there is one?

I don't go to church but I'm sure my reasons for not going are very different from reasons many others don't go. I also don't believe one has to go to church to go to heaven or to be a real believer in Jesus. It didn't seem like Jesus was all that concerned about getting people to go to church. That wasn't the point of His message.

anytime two or more gather to work in the lords deeds, its a church. Sorry but a building doesnt make a christian or buddhist any more then a ftball field makes one a great athlete... think about it.

• Like 1

Yes I go to church, as often as I can; it's been averaging about 3x/month for Sunday service and another 2-3 times/month for events during the week.

I attend a small non-denominational Christian church with my family. It's important to me to worship the Lord alongside my family.

I go for reinforcement (staying plugged-in; nurturing a close relationship with God) and for practice-practice-practice. It's like getting good at a sport (or anything really) - I gotta keep doing it over and over again to really learn/absorb/get it into my DNA. And I always feel better after I go.

I also don't believe one has to go to church to go to heaven or to be a real believer in Jesus.

I don't believe that either. God's ways are higher than our ways. He sees what we can't... into people's hearts.

It didn't seem like Jesus was all that concerned about getting people to go to church. That wasn't the point of His message.

Yeah, and in fact it sure seemed like He had a big problem with the churches of His time on earth. Criticizing them, calling out hypocrites, overturning tables and such. I often wonder what He would think of the churches of today.

• Like 2
pureinheart
Many of us have had an internal debate about the importance of church at some point in our lives. Here is a brief summary of some of the reasons Christians attend church.

Why Should Christians Attend Church?

This is a really good article/teaching... thanks for sharing it!

• Like 1