The Duggar Family is so Inspirational!!

Seriously. I admire them SO much!!

I consider myself, like, a contemporary version of their family!! I don't dress like them, though I do try to dress modest. (It doesn't always come across, unfortunately). And I listen to secular music, but I so admire their morals and values on relationships! I am definitely taking notes!!

• Like 1
amaysngrace

I saw on tv that they're actually cousins but you probably don't get that channel.

• Like 6

How does one dress modestly but that "doesn't come across" ? You either dress modestly or you don't, I guess you don't? :confused:

• Like 3
  • Author
How does one dress modestly but that "doesn't come across" ? You either dress modestly or you don't, I guess you don't? :confused:

I really don't think any young women of today dress modestly. I have kind of fallen into that pithole, but that's just the way they are designing clothes these days.

autumnnight

I do admire them, though some of their views are more legalistic than I like. However, they don't seem to make it legalistic; they seem genuinely sincere rather than a self-righteous box-checking sort of thing.

For example, they are very against kissing of any kind or any physical contact before marriage. I am not sure I would go that far, but I appreciate the fact that they also let their children know that WITHIN marriage sex and physical intimacy is a beautiful thing to be celebrated and enjoyed. Lots of churches get the first half but not the second.

The mom and dad seem to genuinely love each other, and that is good to see. And while I cannot imagine having the stamina or organizational skills to have 19 kids, I do think children are a definite blessing. They live what they believe in a loving manner. That is admirable to me even if I do not live exactly the way they do.

pureinheart
who are the duggars......deb

Hey Deb, they are a beautiful family who hold Christian values dear. They are up to 20 kids now (?) and do a reality show of their family and how they operate. I agree with OP, they are truly amazing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Duggars are ridiculous publicity hounds who had too many kids and now have to do reality tv to support them.You know there does come a point when you can't take care of that many kids -- and it's not fair making the other kids do it.

• Like 11
The Duggars are ridiculous publicity hounds who had too many kids and now have to do reality tv to support them.You know there does come a point when you can't take care of that many kids -- and it's not fair making the other kids do it.

can you expand upon that theory of siblings aiding in the household roles of tending to kids?

my grandma was one of 13 kids, being tended to by her siblings were common. modern times do not seem to want to consider that families can and do take care of their own. I cringe that most of my female co workers have nannies because they dont want to raise their own kids.

The Duggars utilize each family member in a loving way... they don't abuse them....each are important...

• Like 5

Well, from what I understand, back in the days that's how families worked....So many kids were needed to be created to work the farm and help out around the home. IMO, modernization took that way and now kids have too much time on their hands...Worst, they don't learn how to cook, clean, etc cuz they are tied up with other meaningless stuff.

What does bother me is how these types of families more resemble a "farm" of "workers" rather than get the love, time, and attention a child needs/deserves...But, then again, with endless chores from sun up to sun down, who has time to care if they are loved or not?

I don't even want to imagine the horrible sex they have. I bet ya 2 bucks that the guy just:sick: climbs on top and pumps away till she's impregnated....yuck:sick:

I was hoping for sarcasm with the amount of exclamation points in the title of this thread.

• Like 5
autumnnight
Well, from what I understand, back in the days that's how families worked....So many kids were needed to be created to work the farm and help out around the home. IMO, modernization took that way and now kids have too much time on their hands...Worst, they don't learn how to cook, clean, etc cuz they are tied up with other meaningless stuff.

What does bother me is how these types of families more resemble a "farm" of "workers" rather than get the love, time, and attention a child needs/deserves...But, then again, with endless chores from sun up to sun down, who has time to care if they are loved or not?

I don't even want to imagine the horrible sex they have. I bet ya 2 bucks that the guy just:sick: climbs on top and pumps away till she's impregnated....yuck:sick:

Actually, from what they both say (especially her) they are pretty fun and freaky ;)

Every family and individual has its faults.

I do actually get inspired by the Duggars. I might have even been idealizing them a little bit. But, like everyone else, they're not perfect.

Though the family has had to deal with something as major as indicated in the article, they seem to have kept strong in their faith. I do think God has the power to change people, and only God can truly take someone going down a dark and destructive path and turn him from those ways.

amaysngrace
Ehh... the Duggars kinda freak me out... :o

There's just something freaky about a man who use to molest his sisters having lots of children. I totally agree.

• Like 6
Every family and individual has its faults.

I do actually get inspired by the Duggars. I might have even been idealizing them a little bit. But, like everyone else, they're not perfect.

Though the family has had to deal with something as major as indicated in the article, they seem to have kept strong in their faith. I do think God has the power to change people, and only God can truly take someone going down a dark and destructive path and turn him from those ways.

I am horrified by parents who not only hid the molestation, but also moved the perpetrator back into the hkme of the victims AND continued to have more babies in the home.

When your existing children are that messed up, it is time to stop having babies and focus on supervising the kids you have. This isn't exactly normal teenage behavior.

I also suspect their female submissive teaching contributed to the situation. Blech.

• Like 7
MuddyFootprints

Next...

TLC is supposedly pulling them now. I miss the days when TLC was actually the learning channel.

(I am pretty old, I guess.)

• Like 4

Ratings must've been dropping so insert some diddle-gate and fall on sword and viola back in the news.

CNN has been gushing about this all day today.

Next...

TLC is supposedly pulling them now. I miss the days when TLC was actually the learning channel.

(I am pretty old, I guess.)

Oh wow?!?

Really?

Can't TLC or any of these channels invest in some PIs before launching a "reality TV" show on these characters? Do they need ratings that bad?

WTH is it with these "cult-like" families? Always some weird stuff going on. If I start a cult I'm gonna make a "no molestation, incest, sex and all that with minors policy" cuz seems like these cults don't ever have one.

• Like 1
Ratings must've been dropping so insert some diddle-gate and fall on sword and viola back in the news.

CNN has been gushing about this all day today.

Oh, so you think this is a Duggars sad attempt to do the whole "sex tape" thing to get their names back in the news?

Then, I don't know what's worst...the actual molestations or how low some people will go for 20 minutes of fame...Like Bruce Jenner.

Slow drama day in the news. CNN is just as bad as TLC.

It's a little newsworthy, considering the republican presidential candidates who've aligned with the duggars.

TLC knew, IMO, and tried to hide this as the family did. Disgusting. The kids suffer from the parents' selfishness.

• Like 3