Soul Mates/Twin Flames

Hi does anybody know about Soul Mates or Twin Flames, and does this sound like one? About 6 months ago I went to a tarot reader and she told me I would soon meet someone who would be my soul mate. She described that he would be younger than me, and told me his job and star sign and country that he came from. I thought nothing more of it but then recently met a guy who I originally saw walking past my apartment and I liked him at first sight. I then strangely met the same person in my apartment and they happened to live there. We started chatting and I felt a really strong connection instantly. I then found out more personal information about him and was a bit freaked out when the info matched the info the tarot lady had told me. I now feel like this is just not an ordinary relationship, there is something strange going on. When he is in the room I forget every thing else that is going on. I see only him. I feel really comfortable with him and love seeing him. We talk most days and I feel myself confiding in him to the point that I don't know what has come over me and then feel silly that I told him so much. I also now feel it is turning from friends into attraction and I can tell by the body language and the way he looks and talks to me. He even starts singing love songs when he is around me but I also feel there is a block. I feel that I am chasing him and he is blocking me. He flirted with me the other week and then when I asked him round he said he had to go out, but then when I see him he takes a lot of interest in me. I think because he is younger than me he may be finding it hard to deal with and he also tries to make me jealous by saying he is going away with girlfriends at the weekend, ( as I did with guy friends a few months before) and also in front of his friend he mimics me and makes fun of me and pretends not to like me.

It is also weird as I have been going through a lot of spiritual progress recently and I know I don’t express myself in matters of the heart and this is becoming a problem ( for example I am experiencing the same problems over and over again (I pick men who can’t commit and also at work I have problems with female bosses) This guy doesn’t seem to be able to express his feelings too and I actually think he is also scared of relationships and in many ways I think he may be mirroring me. I feel from him I am learning about myself. Sometimes as well we argue as we are quite similar and both opinionated and he seems to get angry with me, but I don't know if it is because he is frustrated with the situation. When I see him I just want to hold him close to me and cuddle him but I can't express that yet. I don’t know what to do as I feel as if I am losing him. I know he likes me but is not prepared to commit to me, or maybe he is waiting for me to say to him I like him, maybe we are the same. The worst thing is I am scared that if I tell him he will be embarrassed and stop talking to me. By not telling him I feel I can still keep that contact with him. Should I just tell him how I feel? Thanks you.

Rainbowlove
Hi does anybody know about Soul Mates or Twin Flames, and does this sound like one? About 6 months ago I went to a tarot reader and she told me I would soon meet someone who would be my soul mate. She described that he would be younger than me, and told me his job and star sign and country that he came from. I thought nothing more of it but then recently met a guy who I originally saw walking past my apartment and I liked him at first sight. I then strangely met the same person in my apartment and they happened to live there. We started chatting and I felt a really strong connection instantly. I then found out more personal information about him and was a bit freaked out when the info matched the info the tarot lady had told me. I now feel like this is just not an ordinary relationship, there is something strange going on. When he is in the room I forget every thing else that is going on. I see only him. I feel really comfortable with him and love seeing him. We talk most days and I feel myself confiding in him to the point that I don't know what has come over me and then feel silly that I told him so much. I also now feel it is turning from friends into attraction and I can tell by the body language and the way he looks and talks to me. He even starts singing love songs when he is around me but I also feel there is a block. I feel that I am chasing him and he is blocking me. He flirted with me the other week and then when I asked him round he said he had to go out, but then when I see him he takes a lot of interest in me. I think because he is younger than me he may be finding it hard to deal with and he also tries to make me jealous by saying he is going away with girlfriends at the weekend, ( as I did with guy friends a few months before) and also in front of his friend he mimics me and makes fun of me and pretends not to like me.

It is also weird as I have been going through a lot of spiritual progress recently and I know I don’t express myself in matters of the heart and this is becoming a problem ( for example I am experiencing the same problems over and over again (I pick men who can’t commit and also at work I have problems with female bosses) This guy doesn’t seem to be able to express his feelings too and I actually think he is also scared of relationships and in many ways I think he may be mirroring me. I feel from him I am learning about myself. Sometimes as well we argue as we are quite similar and both opinionated and he seems to get angry with me, but I don't know if it is because he is frustrated with the situation. When I see him I just want to hold him close to me and cuddle him but I can't express that yet. I don’t know what to do as I feel as if I am losing him. I know he likes me but is not prepared to commit to me, or maybe he is waiting for me to say to him I like him, maybe we are the same. The worst thing is I am scared that if I tell him he will be embarrassed and stop talking to me. By not telling him I feel I can still keep that contact with him. Should I just tell him how I feel? Thanks you.

I think you'd get more responses if you changed your title and placed your story in the general relationship forum.

I don't think your question is really related to soul mate/twin flames as much as how to handle your feelings for him.

You are torturing yourself by remaining silent. You don't want a friendship with him, you want more. Keeping quiet will not get you what you want.

If you are honest with him and he is honest with you about how he feels, you know where you stand and have your answers.

You can then move on regardless of how he feels. You either move on together or apart.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you I appreciate your advice and reply. Yes I think you are right. I think that whatever happens it is never going to be a friendship because I will always feel more, so it is a pretence to think it will even be healthy for me to stay friends, as I won't move on. I think it is better for me to express myself honestly and then I can move on from the situation. Thank you.

• Like 2
whichwayisup

I think you should just let things happen naturally. And, don't bank everything on what the tarot card reader told you...Maybe this isn't 'the guy'.

If he is playing the hot/cold game, don't play it back. He isn't emotionally available so don't waste tons of energy and effort on him (especially in your head too!) because then you'll more confused and want him more.

• Like 4
letsplaygofish2

I can relate to this because I met my ex twin flame just days after leaving my husband. I hadn't intended on falling in love, but after knowing him for 2 weeks we were a couple. It was honest. It was real. It was strange and the connection couldn't be explained.

But let me tell you that twin flames aren't all day ponies and roses as people make it seem. Perhaps this guy is a soulmate, but twin flames come into your life to fulfill spiritual contracts that help you evolve. They will eventually press your buttons like nobody has ever. And if one or the others soul hasn't evolved, it will leave one person in a whole lot of pain. I've been there, done that. It's overrated.

If you think it's strange how strong your feelings are, then be honest! The worst thing that could happen is he says he doesn't feel the same way. It's not like you're going to lose an arm or something ;)

• Like 4
todreaminblue

I had to read up about twin flames to understand where you are coming from, as far as tarot readers go i truly believe you have your own tarot cards firmly in place its called your hearts prayers...doesnt matter what anyone says including a tarot reader....you make your own choices in life.....would it have been as says to believe if she said you had seventy days to live....you want to find love.....so i believe your heart is being answered by a higher power whether or not it will last is another matter but he has come into your life for a reason....you never know he may be that other half ...that twin flame.....or he just might be the guy you developed feelings for

as far as twin flames goes its an interesting concept, I believe god puts people in our paths for a reason...that higher power that knows us better than any tarot reader ever could.......i do believe that some spiritualists have gifts given of god.....psychic ability for example....i do think however these gifts can often be misused for financial gain and to take advantage of vulnerable souls.........

i would just see how things go..take one day at a time......you dont need to name whatever it is that is happening....you just need to be in the moment and if he makes you happy and you make him happy...i would consider that a good start....:0)....i wish you well.....deb

• Like 3

the power of suggestion is a mighty card to bow down to. Think for yourself. And newsflash... there is no such thing as soulmates. Its a renaisance ideology that needs to stay in that era of history. Its a man made concept . God blesses unions . Sounds like you are smitten with this chap... so let time take its course....

• Like 2
  • Author

Hi, Thank you all so much for your replies. They have really helped me and have given me something to think about. Yes I think it is easy when you go to tarot readers to get caught up in what they say and I think yes you shouldn't let it take over your life or believe everything they say. Yes I also believe you create your own destiny and maybe I have been in a rush to make things happen due to what this lady said and when things haven't been going quite how I thought they would then I would go into a panic about the relationship. Thinking about it we chat as friends and we are cool. I think that I will see how the relationship goes and see if there are any more signs and if I feel the time is right then I will express how I feel. Thank you. :-)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I have always felt that I had a Twin-Flame in this world from a very early age. However I never found her and just moved on to a manageable relationship.

I like to think of my husband as my soul mate, but we thrive on compromise and mutual hard work.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201207/why-you-shouldnt-believe-in-soul-mates

Thank you chomps for that link! Kudos for your healthy relations. restores faith :)

I sincerely wish folks could keep love in their hearts when flourishing the relationship in a realistic way. the soulmate concept really needs to be placed in the fiction style of thinking or loving.

• 1 month later...

A soul mate is who your ex is before he morphs into the Destroyer of Worlds, the Lord of Tears.