The reverence of men vs. women

Recently a woman became an organizer of a newly formed Meetup for Christian singles.

However, recent meetups produced mostly more single women than men. I went to one where I was the only man and she's also been hosting as a moderator of a Wed. night Bible Study at her church.

Again, tons of single women. 1 man.

Some women wind up dissatisfied with the highly lopsided turn out and don't return.

Can anyone explain the amount of church activity with women that far outnumber a man's interest in attending such functions?

In general, women outnumber men in Christianity worldwide. So this might be reflective of that.

But judging by your title, I'm guessing you think that some Christian men will not go to events organised by women due to some theological idea about the roles of men/women. I wouldn't know about that - it's hard to gauge generally. Normally such a thing only applies when there's a woman preaching - and I know some Christians will have a problem with that.

However its more likely the organiser doesn't know how to reach christian men in bringing them along to events like these. (Just to be clear, these singles groups are for the purpose of finding a relationship? Or are they groups for Christians who just happen to be single?)

What exactly was the activity for the meetup? If it was making gingerbread houses, (which is fine but not really a subject of male interest) then I doubt you'd see many men.

If it was just meeting up and talking, I don't know about you - but I'd rather have a social function which involved some kind of solid activity. I find that we men aren't always that great at talking the entire time and having something to do will give more incentive to turn up to the event. (e.g. hold a barbecue and have the men run it for the ladies)

Edited by windows