Oprah or Bible: Which has more influence on women?

I'd say it's Disney.

I would actually give some credence to this concept...

And neither the Bible nor Oprah has any influence on me. I can't recall ever having watched Oprah, reading any of her books, or listening to her banter. And my copy of the Bible is a doorstop.

• Like 2
pureinheart

You're on a roll today...Amen...

Being one who watched Oprah probably from day one, I really thought she was of God. She is not IMO at this point in her life. I'm not judging her whether she is saved or not, but she took a drastic turn, either it was always there and it's just now coming out...but many people within the last few years I've noticed taking this particular turn.

I would say many follow her and worship her. Some have turned from this worship of her, especially after her "interview" over in the UK a few months ago where everyone and their dog got to see her true heart. I saw it a little before that and didn't like her direction.

Overall, I'd say Oprah does have more influence though.

Edited by pureinheart
  • Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

Haha touché.

I don't know that they have to be mutually exclusive.

I think Oprah definitely has her finger on the pulse of society. She has a gift of knowing what is needed and an even greater gift of knowing how to deliver her message in a way that is both thoughtful and provoking. She's fresh and always current. It's hard not to take notice of what she's doing or saying.

Perhaps if leaders of the many different denominations found a way to deliver the bible in the same manner as Oprah, more people would sit in church rather than on their couches watching Super Soul Sunday with the Might O.

Regardless, I think her message and the topics she chooses to discuss have many bible elements. She certainly doesn't shy away from her own spirituality or hide the fact that her higher power is named God. But she does so while still respecting the fact that everyone has their own individual beliefs and belief systems. She's inclusive and that can be intoxicating for those of us feeling the growing pains with our respective faiths.

Anyways, just my two cents on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Author
She has a gift of knowing what is needed and an even greater gift of knowing how to deliver her message in a way that is both thoughtful and provoking.

Hmm...this sounds like someone else I know. But I'd hate to break Godwin's Law.

Anyway, I am making a prediction that she is the pastor of the future. No longer will pastors teach the Word of God, but they will become life coaches, teaching how to succeed and discover their own "inner god-hood".

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1

Ironically, Oprah should have been Christened Orpha, which is Hebrew in origin, but the registrar apparently wrote her name down incorrectly on her Birth certificate. Both have an equal amount of influence on me, which is less than zero. I honestly never think about either, at all.

Glinda.Good

Boobs or Bible: Which has more influence on men?

Seriously, what an offensive question to pose. Each individual person is influenced by different things.

• Like 6

:rolleyes: Boobs, of course! They are the wellsprings of life.

• Like 2
You're on a roll today...Amen...

Being one who watched Oprah probably from day one, I really thought she was of God. She is not IMO at this point in her life. I'm not judging her whether she is saved or not, but she took a drastic turn, either it was always there and it's just now coming out...but many people within the last few years I've noticed taking this particular turn.

I would say many follow her and worship her. Some have turned from this worship of her, especially after her "interview" over in the UK a few months ago where everyone and their dog got to see her true heart. I saw it a little before that and didn't like her direction.

Overall, I'd say Oprah does have more influence though.

Really? What turn did Oprah make and what did she say in the UK interview that makes you say this?

I personally don't think anyone should be compared to God.

• Like 1
Really? What turn did Oprah make and what did she say in the UK interview that makes you say this?

This will be interesting....

Glinda.Good
This will be interesting....

Maybe Oprah is a co-antichrist with Obama.

Think about it … their names both start with O. And they are both … you know, black.

• Like 5
  • Author

Seriously, what an offensive question to pose. Each individual person is influenced by different things.

I'd say boobs. Men are ruled by their desire for women and they knowingly forsake God's Word to please women.

• Author

Think about it … their names both start with O. And they are both … you know, black.

I don't believe the anti-Christ will be a full genetic descendent of Adam and Eve. So I don't believe it's Obams or Oprah, lol.

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1
pureinheart

Like I said, possibly it was already there it just not had come out yet. When watching her in the early-mid 80's she claimed to support the Bible, but if you look at what she actually supports, most of it goes against Bible teaching.

Towards the end of the interview in the UK she states:

“As long as there are people who still — there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the south — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.”

If you watch the interview and couple the tone with the words it sounds extremely sadistic.

pureinheart

You seem to have an unusual fixation on the color of ones skin:confused:

Glinda.Good
You seem to have an unusual fixation on the color of ones skin:confused:

Just being observant. I like playing the race card, or noticing racism, however you choose to look at it.

Glinda.Good

“As long as there are people who still — there’s a whole generation – I say this, you know, I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the south — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die.”

If you watch the interview and couple the tone with the words it sounds extremely sadistic.

Um … if you aren't busy looking for evil intentions, I think her meaning would be clear to you.

Generations of people who are steeped in racism will need to die out before their influence on culture can be relegated to the past.

Except it seems that there is a whole new generation eagerly ready to carry their sorry flag.

• Like 4
pureinheart
Um … if you aren't busy looking for evil intentions, I think her meaning would be clear to you.

Generations of people who are steeped in racism will need to die out before their influence on culture can be relegated to the past.

Except it seems that there is a whole new generation eagerly ready to carry their sorry flag.

I didn't have to "look", it was there. It appears as if she's become the very thing she professes to hate. That's my observation, although ultimately that's between her and God.