Dabbling in the occult

I'm curious about any personal experiences people have had, and if you or someone you knew brought on negative energy after getting involved in ouija boards, spells, curses...etc.

• Like 1
Lernaean_Hydra

I've been into Wicca (part of the occult) since I was about 15 and to this day I can't say its brought me anything negative so long as it's practiced in a 'do no harm' sort of light. My experience been quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 2
TigerLilly78

Ouija is a gateway often used by those who think its a game its not cause you have no control over what comes thu that gate I would never touch one personally. Far as spells and such its nothing more then working with life's own energy's there for it can be good or bad but again something to be respected..not to sure if this is what your looking for but its just my 2 cents on such things...

• Like 1

Well did them at uni. Nothing negative. Although one drunken night i was chatting to an ex who was very much alive. But i curse a lot at football.

Yes, my little brother and his friend had a phase as teenagers where they were into that stuff. Both quit after seeing and experiencing things that scared them even while not practicing.

My mother grew up in the Carribean, and had several experiences with voodoo, including someone cursing her, and seen and experienced things that was rather unwholesome.

I am still undecided about it all not having experienced anything and having no inclination to do so. I do believe that dabbling in the occult is asking for negativity in your life since you are playing with negativity. And even if it is not real, the mind is a powerful thing making it real.

• Like 1
lollipopspot
if you or someone you knew brought on negative energy after getting involved in ouija boards, spells, curses...etc.

It has the power that you give it. There's nothing magical about a Parker Bros. board game. But if you think you've created something negative, then your mind will link all kinds of things to that.

• Like 2
GorillaTheater
It has the power that you give it. There's nothing magical about a Parker Bros. board game. But if you think you've created something negative, then your mind will link all kinds of things to that.

You're probably right. I don't believe in any of this sort of crap, but that's probably somewhat belied by the fact I wouldn't touch a ouija board with a ten-foot pole.

lollipopspot

Strangely, I've seen that before. People saying they don't believe that the Ouija board has any special power, yet they're nervous about it. I find that so odd.

What power could a board have? Or, what power could it have that one wouldn't be interacting in ways other than the board? A lot of people who wouldn't use a Ouija board use a pendulum. Why would that be any different?

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

I suspect in my case, it's from too many bad horror movies when I was a kid. :)

It's not a logical fear, I'll certainly grant you that.

I am 50 now and I can say that I have 40+ years experience in just about every aspect of the occult:

- Cast my first spell when I was nine years old.

- Was given my first Tarot deck when I was seven years old.

- Had a radio call-in show on Wicca/Paganism 30 years ago.

- Worked with Enochian, Goetic, and other "forces."

- Have a thriving business of creating occult jewelry and magical tools.

- My master's degree (in art) was creating Kabbalistic-related magical implements.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I have haven't tried or studied.

• Like 1

Scary scary. Bicycle clip time!

You remember the events in The Exorcist started because of a Ouija board :eek:
Strangely, I've seen that before. People saying they don't believe that the Ouija board has any special power, yet they're nervous about it. I find that so odd.

What power could a board have? Or, what power could it have that one wouldn't be interacting in ways other than the board? A lot of people who wouldn't use a Ouija board use a pendulum. Why would that be any different?

Can you explain what you mean about using a pendulum?

I agree that a Ouija board itself might not hold special power. But I do believe in a spiritual world. And just the act itself of attempting to interact with spiritual forces that shouldn't be messed with really is asking for trouble, imo.

If you imagine for a moment that the devil really is real...he's certainly not some insignificant novelty. He's an extremely powerful force that represents dark evil. So attempting to access those kinds of forces is just playing with fire.

Those who do so won't necessarily feel any major consequences though. At least not right away. Sometimes, they may even have lots of great rewards. They might find success, money, relationships, beauty, etc. Unfortunately, the riches they find now are only fleeting. The real consequences will come later on down the line. :(

• Like 2
lollipopspot
Can you explain what you mean about using a pendulum?

Many people ask questions of a pendulum, or use other instruments for dowsing. Often yes/no questions, or sometimes using a chart and having the pendulum point to directions or answers. You can think of it as trying to tap into your unconscious mind, but some people believe they are interacting with sprits, as with a Ouija board.

• Like 1
I always follow the advice of my magic 8 ball.

My occult group once did an evening of Magic 8 ball divination. It was fun and surprisingly accurate... :p

• Like 1
serial muse

I tended to go with the "best 3 out of 5" method of Magic 8-Ball divination. ;)

• Like 2

I had a good couple years studying ceremonial magic. Mostly golden dawn based stuff. I found it to be a little too powerful for my tastes. Things got way too real at one point.:confused:

But that was the start of "doing the great work" for me. I now mostly meditate and practice Chinese methods of health.

Occult does not mean evil folks. It means "hidden knowledge" more or less.

It is not without its dangers though. I remember one time a ritual gone wrong...Ya, actually I will remember that for the rest of my life.:o

• Like 1
I had a good couple years studying ceremonial magic.

That is mostly what I do now. And am proud to have accomplished my "great work" a number of times.

It is not without its dangers though. I remember one time a ritual gone wrong...

Been there, done that... ;)

• Like 1
I'm curious about any personal experiences people have had, and if you or someone you knew brought on negative energy after getting involved in ouija boards, spells, curses...etc.

i am an indian and a hindu t that, occult has its origin in indian and affrican traditions and creeds, i however advice you to stay away from it as it ia always assoiated with negetivity and evil. we in india call it tentric vidya and even seasoned practitioners stay away from it until neccessary, so be warned

• Like 2
seekingpeaceinlove

What happens when a ritual "goes wrong?"

I had a good couple years studying ceremonial magic. Mostly golden dawn based stuff. I found it to be a little too powerful for my tastes. Things got way too real at one point.:confused:

But that was the start of "doing the great work" for me. I now mostly meditate and practice Chinese methods of health.

Occult does not mean evil folks. It means "hidden knowledge" more or less.

It is not without its dangers though. I remember one time a ritual gone wrong...Ya, actually I will remember that for the rest of my life.:o

Depends on the ritual and what the intent was.

Here is an example of a ritual I tried VERY early in my occult career:

I desperately wanted a new job and a new place to live. My job was full of bullies, a bad commute, and sexual harassment. My apartment was roach-infested and my neighbors were habitual drug users.

So I worked a ritual that would get me a new job and a new place to live. I planned the ritual carefully and down to the letter.

And within three days the ritual worked: I got fired AND evicted.

*POOF*

Suddenly I had to find a new job and a new place to live.

So you see, the ritual worked - but it also went wrong...

This is one of the adages of ritual magick: Be Careful What You Wish For = You Might Just Get It.

• Like 1

Well, in this particular instance it was a sudden feeling of terror, body temp rising suddenly, and staying in bed for 2 days without a lot of memory of what happened in those 2 days.

This happened on my first attempt at the "Greater ritual of the pentagram".

Ooops! Wasn't ready for that one yet!:eek:

• Like 1