The Happy Thread on Steroids!

pureinheart

I am so happy! My daughters ex husband (well I think ex, you wouldn't know by how they act) has two other sets of kids from different mothers. Yes, yes, I know he get's around per se...we are talking blended family to the max. This is about the kids though, so please try not to judge too harshly where he's concerned:)

Anyway, my grandkids have never met their brother and sister...the other brother hasn't seen the brother or sister in years. They all got together today! All of the brothers and sisters are together for the first time! I'm in tears (yes this happens a lot lately). ..and sorry I don't know how to word this because it is confusing.

Please share your happy experience!

God is sooooo good!

Edited by pureinheart
  • Like 6

I'm happy for you and your family, pih. Hope these visits are something that can continue in the future. :)

Me, I don't know about any "happiness on steroids" stories. But I'm happy for a long weekend and hamburgers, chips and all the general junk food surrounding the 4th. Delicious :). And I'm happy I finished my workout today, lol (more room for the above :p).

• Author
pureinheart
I'm happy for you and your family, pih. Hope these visits are something that can continue in the future. :)

Me, I don't know about any "happiness on steroids" stories. But I'm happy for a long weekend and hamburgers, chips and all the general junk food surrounding the 4th. Delicious :). And I'm happy I finished my workout today, lol (more room for the above :p).

Thank you so much! I'm not sure why I said that in the thread title... I just haven't been this happy for sometime, it's the unexplainable joy of the Lord.

You know Pie, it's hard because I feel everyones pain. There's always been this unspeakable joy (possibly the gift of joy?) regardless, although these last few years almost took me out...but God has intervened.

I pray your day and weekend is blessed my love, and awww the wonderful junk food, I'll be there also:) ...a big party at my cousins house with all of my grandkids ....the entire bunch this time....awwww Pie, check this out, one of my grandkids brothers calls me grandma...here the waterworks start again. Do you believe that! I don't take this blessing for granted. Thank you Jesus.

LivingWaterPlease

pureinheart, thanks for sharing the happy!

Two days ago I was talking to a dear friend on the phone. She happened to mention she needed new glasses but was trying to make do with what she had. She also told me she was praying for me about something we'd discussed. We often pray for each other's concerns.

Then yesterday afternoon she called and told me she'd gotten a letter from an attorney telling her she'd been named in the will of an elderly lady she'd worked for to the tune of $25,000.

For a couple of years she'd go to the ladies' house and get her up and dressed and fix her breakfast, then would go to work in a Drs. office. She was paid to do this and never dreamed she'd be named in the will!

I've thought happily about this all day. At one point I was feeling so good about it I had to remind myself it wasn't me that got the $25,000! :)

• Like 2
  • Author
pureinheart
pureinheart, thanks for sharing the happy!

Two days ago I was talking to a dear friend on the phone. She happened to mention she needed new glasses but was trying to make do with what she had. She also told me she was praying for me about something we'd discussed. We often pray for each other's concerns.

Then yesterday afternoon she called and told me she'd gotten a letter from an attorney telling her she'd been named in the will of an elderly lady she'd worked for to the tune of $25,000.

For a couple of years she'd go to the ladies' house and get her up and dressed and fix her breakfast, then would go to work in a Drs. office. She was paid to do this and never dreamed she'd be named in the will!

I've thought happily about this all day. At one point I was feeling so good about it I had to remind myself it wasn't me that got the $25,000! :)

This is awesome! God knows what we need and when we will need it and He sets the stage long before we know we need it ...did that make sense?:laugh:

I know you weren't seeking any type of accolades by the statement you made, but here are some major accolades sent to you from me!

IMO it can be more of a blessing to see another's blessings, ESPECIALLY when God answered both of your prayers, as I have no doubt finances were in your combined prayers at some point. To see others happy makes you even happier:D

• Like 1
todreaminblue
What has any of this got to do with god?

why do you hang out in spirituality threads...when you dont believe in god.....they say when you bring people down its called debbie downer....i think it should be called tyler downer.....

she is basically thanking god....let her be happy.....be happy for her......that is happiness on steroids...share the love of god...praise be given ...huge hugs to ya....deb

• Like 2
todreaminblue
Why do you have a problem with me asking questions?

i dont have a problem i answered it for you, you still however, havent answered mine.....do you know sometimes answers or words dont come easily

i just think tyler you hang out here because you love god .....:0).....ok maybe not but i will hug you anyway.....

i am happy for this song pureinheart and the writer who wrote it....

Ugh, you're just making me want to be happy about you!!

I can't help it! (I'm a little rebellious sometimes)

• Like 2
  • Author
pureinheart
i dont have a problem i answered it for you, you still however, havent answered mine.....do you know sometimes answers or words dont come easily

i just think tyler you hang out here because you love god .....:0).....ok maybe not but i will hug you anyway.....

i am happy for this song pureinheart and the writer who wrote it....

Awesome song! You may think this is off the wall Deb, although Tracy's style reminds me a lot of certain Bee Gee's songs...love her!

• Like 1
  • Author
pureinheart

Everything has everything to do with God in the sense that I don't really feel I have to say all of the typical "Christian" terms. I already know who was responsible for bringing all of the kids together for the first time. It wasn't easy as two of the kids live in West VA, their mother drove out here specifically for this. She doesn't have a lot of money, but somehow it was provided. I know it was God:D

...and what an awesome 4th of July weekend. The entire area was a fireworks show, didn't have to go to an organized one!

• Author
pureinheart
Ugh, you're just making me want to be happy about you!!

I can't help it! (I'm a little rebellious sometimes)

Completely agree Pie!

Notice from moderators:

This thread is going to be banned due to the use of illegal, performance-enhancing drugs.

• Like 1
  • Author
pureinheart

:lmao::lmao: I had to totally crack up when seeing this. One time I hear my son busting up laughing just talking all kinds of mess...he says, "hey mom come here", and asks if we were really like this in the 80's and shows me this video...he then is cracking up asking how that voice came out that guy (he thought it was going to be some big gnarly guy) ....awww the memories!

todreaminblue

i don't know what is going on ...but i used to make people laugh when i danced to this....and i would start a conga line...normally drunk guys were the first to join...... but who needs alcohol to walk this way i didnt need it.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgiDcJi534Y .....this song makes me happy so does this one....ahhh the dancing.......

....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
TheFinalWord
i don't know what is going on ..

The Rick Astley vid was a premier trolling technique back in the day. Basically, people would post very controversial statements (usually with suggestive thumbnails) that would link to this vid...it was called getting Rick Rolled. :D

• Like 3
todreaminblue
The Rick Astley vid was a premier trolling technique back in the day. Basically, people would post very controversial statements (usually with suggestive thumbnails) that would link to this vid...it was called getting Rick Rolled. :D

smilin......thank you final word ...i was lost in that song choice for a moment.....deb

LOL! This thread is hilarious!

For those of you not familiar with this prank from a few years ago, here is one of my favorites. This radio show is called "The Atheist Experience":

Edited by M30USA
  • Like 1
LOL! This thread is hilarious!

For those of you not familiar with this prank from a few years ago, here is one of my favorites. This radio show is called "The Atheist Experience":

Hilarious, and happy (that video cracked me up) :D

Here's a

, just for this thread. :p
  • Like 1
There...are...four...lights...

UFO reference?

I need a lot of special help today...I'm not getting much on my own, lol (thanks for the rickroll explanation, TFW...I can sleep better tonight!).

• Like 1