"I am not ashamed of the true Gospel."

pureinheart

Totally cool, thank you. Wow when Paul was praying (in the beginning of the video) the anointing almost knocked me over…this guy is completely in the Spirit.

I really needed this.

I want to add- the word "sin" is most likely the most offensive word that an evangelist can use. Why is this? We all mess up, we all sin, so what's the big deal? Then we get the backlash of the colorful adjectives and labels for something that is normal. Hey, it's ok to get over ones self and accept the fact that we are far from perfect.

Edited by pureinheart
Hey, it's ok to get over ones self and accept the fact that we are far from perfect.

hahahaha I love the way you put that, pih. :laugh:

• Like 2

Haven't watched clip yet but I agree we with ya PIH. We also need to remember to do the same for others.

"We have a tendency to want the other person to be a finished product while we give ourselves grace to evolve."

Guilty (me)

• Like 2
  • Author
Haven't watched clip yet but I agree we with ya PIH. We also need to remember to do the same for others.

"We have a tendency to want the other person to be a finished product while we give ourselves grace to evolve."

Guilty (me)

But don't you think the DESIRE to seek God and his will should be present even though we aren't finished products? Ironically, we will not be judged for our imperfections but rather our lack of seeking God and his Spirit. This is what Christ meant when he said, "All sins and blashemy will be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Spirit." I would never ever criticize a person who sins. But what I absolutely detest is when a person has zero desire to repent and seek God.

Edited by M30USA
pureinheart
But don't you think the DESIRE to seek God and his will should be present even though we aren't finished products? Ironically, we will not be judged for our imperfections but rather our lack of seeking God and his Spirit. This is what Christ meant when he said, "All sins and blashemy will be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Spirit." I would never ever criticize a person who sins. But what I absolutely detest is when a person has zero desire to repent and seek God.

M30, you're good at explaining stuff that speaks to my spirit. What does this mean? This has freaked me out for a long time.

• Author
M30, you're good at explaining stuff that speaks to my spirit. What does this mean? This has freaked me out for a long time.

I've heard 2 different interpretations of what "sin against the Holy Spirit" means, both of which I think are true at the same time.

1) It means you ignore the call of the Holy Spirit. When it convicts you and would have you repent, you ignore it. This in my opinion is unforgiveable because, while everyone does sin and has been deceived, what excuse do you possibly have when the truth DOES come to you and you ignore it?

2) It means you attribute to the devil what is actually from the Holy Spirit, and to the Holy Spirit what is actually from the devil. A perfect example was when Jesus was accused of being demon possesed. Can you IMAGINE that? The same thing happens today. True disciples are viewed as dangerous, out of their mind (Paul was), or even possesed.

Dr. John MacArthur has said, of the 3 persons in trinity, the Holy Spirit receives the most blasphemy. People have no problem with God the Father, most Christians have no problem with Jesus, but the Holy Spirit is blasphemed routinely when we confuse his power with Satan's power; when we say that God is speaking through a prophet or pastor when it's really the devil; when we believe that our own sinful desires are actually the will of God.

Edited by M30USA
pureinheart
I've heard 2 different interpretations of what "sin against the Holy Spirit" means, both of which I think are true at the same time.

1) It means you ignore the call of the Holy Spirit. When it convicts you and would have you repent, you ignore it. This in my opinion is unforgiveable because, while everyone does sin and has been deceived, what excuse do you possibly have when the truth DOES come to you and you ignore it?

2) It means you attribute to the devil what is actually from the Holy Spirit, and to the Holy Spirit what is actually from the devil. A perfect example was when Jesus was accused of being demon possesed. Can you IMAGINE that? The same thing happens today. True disciples are viewed as dangerous, out of their mind (Paul was), or even possesed.

Dr. John MacArthur has said, of the 3 persons in trinity, the Holy Spirit receives the most blasphemy. People have no problem with God the Father, most Christians have no problem with Jesus, but the Holy Spirit is blasphemed routinely when we confuse his power with Satan's power; when we say that God is speaking through a prophet or pastor when it's really the devil; when we believe that our own sinful desires are actually the will of God.

Thanks M30, you're a (I was going to say doll, but that's not cool, so how about...) cool person?

Please tell me this concerns salvation...please, because I ignore the Holy Spirit a lot when it comes to sin. The Lord has caused me to gain some major ground AGAIN (meaning I've been here many times) and feel that now is different from any time in the past. Long story short, a little over a year ago, I did something and almost paid the ultimate price. I knew I pushed God to His limit...you know those times when you know (well maybe you don't lol) that God is fed up with your mess. I'm stubborn, strong-willed and not to mention very hard-headed ... even so, God has been so gracious, but I ignore Him a lot and am most likely a pain in his backside... (does He have a backside?)

You know M30, God does everything and at the same time I must participate in this, but He gets the credit if I should by some strange coincidence do something "good". It's a full-time job keeping me in check and exhausting keeping my mind away from life-long thinking... so anyway, I do ignore the Spirit, sometimes I'm not even conscious of it:(

No, there is no excuse. None.

Edited by pureinheart