What Are You Thankful for This Week?

I'm grateful that I got to focus on what sacrifice and faith mean this past week. I also got to spend quality time with my mom and gain even greater appreciation for her perspective on things. That was really nice. Finally, I'm thankful for a number of reminders that I'm blessed. It's easy to forget in the moment when a situation didn't go very well or you feel frustrated. But ultimately, I have to be thankful for so much.

On a lighter note, I just bought a new bike, and I've had a really awesome time riding it on various trails. Funny how small things can bring you such joy!!:D

• Like 3
TheFinalWord
I'm grateful that I got to focus on what sacrifice and faith mean this past week. I also got to spend quality time with my mom and gain even greater appreciation for her perspective on things. That was really nice. Finally, I'm thankful for a number of reminders that I'm blessed. It's easy to forget in the moment when a situation didn't go very well or you feel frustrated. But ultimately, I have to be thankful for so much.

On a lighter note, I just bought a new bike, and I've had a really awesome time riding it on various trails. Funny how small things can bring you such joy!!:D

Really thankful for some good friends that brighten up my day!

Was also thankful for this great clip...communion scenes taken from Passion of the Christ.

• Like 3
  • Author

You find the best videos!!

When I think of Easter or Good Friday in particular, I always think of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. How awful to know what's to come and how He was going to be tortured to death. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have felt like, especially knowing someone close to you was betraying you, and your inner circle of close friends were going to deny knowing you. Just horrible!

• Like 2
TheFinalWord
You find the best videos!!

When I think of Easter or Good Friday in particular, I always think of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. How awful to know what's to come and how He was going to be tortured to death. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have felt like, especially knowing someone close to you was betraying you, and your inner circle of close friends were going to deny knowing you. Just horrible!

So true AE! Rick Warren did a really awesome Easter sermon.

He was talking about how the hardest part was Christ taking on all sin...the separation from the Father. Totally unimaginable. Moves my spirit just thinking about how awesome Christ is!!

Best part is, He arose and is alive forever more!! <>< :bunny:

• Like 1
  • Author

That was actually what I was thinking! Just how alone and how abandoned he must have felt at being completely separated from his own Father and from his circle. We complain when things seem unfair to us in our own lives...but that night and the crucifixion take unfairness to a whole new level! He did nothing to deserve what he went through. And his disciples wouldn't even stay awake with him for a few hours! Talk about a bad day/night and unreliable, undependable friends!

So yes, he truly loved us and, knowing we are incapable, perpetual sinners, wanted to ensure we had a chance to join Him. I'm grateful...both for the opportunity to have salvation and for the perspective on what unfairness really looks like.

So true AE! Rick Warren did a really awesome Easter sermon.

He was talking about how the hardest part was Christ taking on all sin...the separation from the Father. Totally unimaginable. Moves my spirit just thinking about how awesome Christ is!!

Best part is, He arose and is alive forever more!! <>< :bunny:

• Like 2

TFW, what's your take on Psalm 22? Do you think the entire chapter is a prophecy about what Christ said or thought on the cross?

If so, I've always wondered what it means that "bulls of Bashan" surrounded him. Some think this represents demonic entities which he saw when God forsook him. Bashan is a city which, in OT times, was home of King Og, a Nephilim giant who slept on a bed made of iron 14 feet long. I've always wondered if this was coincidence that Psalm 22 says Bashan of all places.

Edited by M30USA
todreaminblue

A phone call that gave me a little hope that i can try again, even if it isnt going to be easy i can try again because of a chocolate noodle nest.It is the little things in life that you remember that can help you cope even if the way isn't clear or easy...a funny little prayer answered when you dont remember praying...so a gift yes from above....

• Like 1

I'm thankful that my car passed inspection this week. It would've cost me a whole lot of money if it hadn't. I'm also thankful that I finally dumped my car insurance company who was charging me 150$ a month when I haven't had an accident or a ticket in 20 years! I switched to State Farm baby! Less than half price! You have no idea how grateful I am because of this.

• Like 2
  • Author

That's nice that your friend found something to lift him (or her?) out off the doldrums!:) It's tough when you're feeling down.

I'm grateful that my depressed friend is enjoying the NHL playoffs. :)
  • Author

Good for you! I'm glad you got the encouragement you needed to persist. Yes, it's funny how we get encouragement, not when we want it, but when we need it most.:) Something may seem so daunting that we feel it's impossible to do. But God grants us sufficient grace to get through each small bit. I've learned not to worry as much about how I'm going to get XYZ done. Instead I just focus on getting through the next step.

What is a chocolate noodle nest?

A phone call that gave me a little hope that i can try again, even if it isnt going to be easy i can try again because of a chocolate noodle nest.It is the little things in life that you remember that can help you cope even if the way isn't clear or easy...a funny little prayer answered when you dont remember praying...so a gift yes from above....
  • Author

Never mind. Out of curiosity, I just googled chocolate noodle nests. If you're referring to the food, I have an answer now.

I learn something new on LS every time I visit!:)

• Author

Yay for you! Glad you've been able to save some money on your car. I don't fully get auto insurance. Mine continues to rise even as my car depreciates!

BTW, that's a powerful image you have as an avatar. Hopefully your broken heart has healed from whatever grief happened in your past.

I'm thankful that my car passed inspection this week. It would've cost me a whole lot of money if it hadn't. I'm also thankful that I finally dumped my car insurance company who was charging me 150$ a month when I haven't had an accident or a ticket in 20 years! I switched to State Farm baby! Less than half price! You have no idea how grateful I am because of this.