Happy Palm Sunday everyone!

I hope your day is filled with blessings. This is one of my favorite celebrations of the year.:) It's full of hope and joy. Perfect timing too as I was feeling a little down this week!

What are some of your favorite religious days or celebrations?

• Like 3
truthbetold

Lovely thread!

The whole Lenten season is especially inspiring to me, but especially Holy week.

I was especially excited to discover this morning that our house is home to hosting a cardinal family!:laugh:

I've been watching the male and female frolic for a few months but today we spied them rustling around in the holly bush, so they must have made their home there! It's been rockin' lately, too cute!

God has been doing amazing work in me all through Lent, truly blessed!:love:

• Like 2

Easter, of course, and Christmas. We, as a family, always make those holidays special, and observe the religious celebration, and spend quality time with family, have a big meal together, play together. This year, my son and his wife will be hosting Easter dinner, so we will be going to his church and having the dinner at his house. We usually add some type of sport or games to the day and make it a family bonding time.

• Like 2
  • Author
Lovely thread!

The whole Lenten season is especially inspiring to me, but especially Holy week.

I don't celebrate Lent per se, just Holy Week, but I know what you mean! Palm Sunday and Easter, which cap it off, always refocus me. I love Christmas too, but Easter, with it's message of grace and forgiveness, combined with the start of spring and great weather, always leaves me hopeful and optimistic...and grateful to God for his gift:)

I was especially excited to discover this morning that our house is home to hosting a cardinal family!:laugh:

I've been watching the male and female frolic for a few months but today we spied them rustling around in the holly bush, so they must have made their home there! It's been rockin' lately, too cute!

How fitting that it's cardinals! I have bright red cardinals and some blue birds (not sure what species) in addition to little robins. For some reason, I've gotten such a kick out of the birds' mating habits this spring. As I eat breakfast, I watch the males sing their little hearts out, puff their little chests, strut their stuff, and try to shoo each other away from shrub to shrub. It's sooo cute, and it also reminds me of the passage in Matthew 6, about the birds and the lilies and not worrying about tomorrow or God meeting my needs.

I was out hiking at dusk about a month ago, and got to see male woodcocks' mating dance/flights. Had never seen those before. It was wonderful!:)

God has been doing amazing work in me all through Lent, truly blessed!:love:

I'm glad that you feel Him working in your life. That's fantastic!

• Author
Easter, of course, and Christmas. We, as a family, always make those holidays special, and observe the religious celebration, and spend quality time with family, have a big meal together, play together. This year, my son and his wife will be hosting Easter dinner, so we will be going to his church and having the dinner at his house. We usually add some type of sport or games to the day and make it a family bonding time.

These are my two favorites as well. I love the evening Christmas Eve service. My family has a lot of family Christmas traditions. We spend Christmas together as a family. Easter? Not so much, which is a shame. It's a day I spend alone. This year, I convinced a few friends to go hiking with me. We shared our favorite verses from Psalms when we got to the peak today. It was very meaningful and special. I might try to make that an annual tradition.

These are my two favorites as well. I love the evening Christmas Eve service. My family has a lot of family Christmas traditions. We spend Christmas together as a family. Easter? Not so much, which is a shame. It's a day I spend alone. This year, I convinced a few friends to go hiking with me. We shared our favorite verses from Psalms when we got to the peak today. It was very meaningful and special. I might try to make that an annual tradition.

That's really nice. Going hiking and reading from Psalms on Palm Sunday.

I also like to go to late night services on Christmas Eve. It's the candelight service, and we mostly sing carols and there's a short sermon. That was something my parents and siblings always did on Christmas Eve when us kids were old enough to stay up that late.

• Like 1

Growing up, Easter was celebrated very traditionally...with Easter egg hunts and chocolate, lol.

It wasn't until I became Christian (well, after a few years :o), that I realized how special Easter is. Maybe even more so than Christmas!! The resurrection is pretty much the whole "reason for the season", and the basis to the entire Christian faith :). So, a pretty big deal. My goal it to dedicate at least as much planning, energy and focus to this holiday that I do to Christmas. :) I'm not yet there, though. :o

• Like 1

Since I'm a lover of music and the arts, I like to celebrate the religious holidays in art form as well, and will usually add a performance of some kind to the celebration. As a family, we go every year to a special Christmas concert or play, and a special Easter concert or play, such as Jesus Christ Superstar or a passion play. I've seen many passion plays over the years, and they never cease to move me to tears over the great sacrifice and humiliation that Christ suffered at the hands of man. For several years, I was involved in my own church's musical production during the Christmas and Easter season as a performer, but I also made time to go see other performances as well.

• Like 1
  • Author

Music adds to the beauty of these holidays.

Hadn't thought of seeing a passion play at Easter. I'll make myself a note to look into that!

• Like 1
TheFinalWord
I hope your day is filled with blessings. This is one of my favorite celebrations of the year.:) It's full of hope and joy. Perfect timing too as I was feeling a little down this week!

What are some of your favorite religious days or celebrations?

Thank you AE! Same to you! :bunny: