Asking for Prayer

So I have just recently discovered that I have avoidant personality disorder.

And it is ironic. Because of this, one of the things I most want is an intimate, romantic relationship. But it is also the thing that I should not have right now, because I tend to choose partners who have it, too. They feel, "safe" to me somehow.

And I am just really struggling right now.

• Like 1

I will pray for you. I believe you will get through this! You're probably an awesome person and hopefully soon you will see it for yourself. Sending happy vibes your way :bunny::)

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine
I will pray for you. I believe you will get through this! You're probably an awesome person and hopefully soon you will see it for yourself. Sending happy vibes your way :bunny::)

I will pray with MrCastle :)

• Like 2
So I have just recently discovered that I have avoidant personality disorder.

And it is ironic. Because of this, one of the things I most want is an intimate, romantic relationship. But it is also the thing that I should not have right now, because I tend to choose partners who have it, too. They feel, "safe" to me somehow.

And I am just really struggling right now.

It is not Ironic at all. We all want an intimate romantic relationship, but is it the wishes of your own soul or the wishes of other who were influenced by?

Like attracts like, so we tend to attract someone who is a mirror of us. For which a relationship is an assignment which contains lessons for us to learn. We can avoid doing the assignment, but we can not run away from lessons that we must learn or we learn it through other ways. These lessons in the life you are learning are known as karmic debt. You are presented with the lessons that were due to you that you may have incurred in this life as deeds you did that did not conform to God's wishes and or laws. Since God has espoused us with the Law of Free Of Will, God also included in this the Law of Cause & Effect (you reap what you sow). And the lessons are basically what you are reaping that you sow in this lifetime or in many past life times.

I have a book for you to read and it is written by Dr. Shakuntala Modi and who is a board psychiatrist and explains her new theory of mental illness and physical challenges we meet in life. Remarkable Healings contain examples of real people, real cases and real healings. You must have an OPEN mind to read this because it involves the subject of reincarnation and karma, for which some people object to vehemently because they followed a firm strict religious dogma of fearing God.

For effective prayers, Dr. Shakuntala Modi has a new book out and is titled Prayers fro Healing and Protection.

But I will pray for your well being and to the eventual revelation of the Lord in your heart and let him guide you.

In the meantime, Jesus Christ had thought his disciples through Parables. One of the most famous parables is the Parable of the Talents. Basically, DO NOT LOOK for an intimate relationship as expectations will ALWAYS disappoint you. Rather, work on yourself and heal yourself first. You will always meet men who are both healthy and unhealthy and eventually you will notice you attract more healthy and reject the unhealthy. It is God's means of testing you how well you are healed. It's easy to do lip service to God, but God wants to see action and God will send men your way if he feels you have healed enough to enjoy the joy of his blessings by instilling upon you more gifts. Basically, the righteous you work yourself to improve, the more God will bestow and add more things onto you. You do not have to look or seek, they will come. Just like the women in my relationships. They come to me. All I had to do is ask them out!

Blessings!

• Like 1
mercuryshadow

Hi there!

Due to unfortunate events in my life growing up, I've struggled with similar tendencies. Realizing what's going on in your mind is a HUGE step in the right direction. Upon realizing my own unhealthy tendencies, I was able to reframe my thinking and take steps to change. You'll be okay, you're halfway there! Prayers and positive thoughts!! :)