Be Like Righteous Abraham

pureinheart

Oh wow, will check the link after posting, but I love JP and am reading one of his books right now:D.

You are the you know what...can't say it, NSA might get both of us.

• Like 1
pureinheart

Don't you just love how God made us all so different and unique? Speaking specifically concerning JP, I love the way he talks, meaning his accent and how he speaks the English language and the use of it.

Hey, question...technically Lot is "saved" right? I've just always wanted to ask that question.

JP's book is great, "Destined to Reign". The main focus of it is condemnation- any type. It's just amazing how condemnation affects the minds, which affect the entire body. Unreal.

Remember, you are the you know what!

• Like 1
  • Author
TheFinalWord
Hey, question...technically Lot is "saved" right? I've just always wanted to ask that question.

Yes, I believe so. :)

JP's book is great, "Destined to Reign". The main focus of it is condemnation- any type. It's just amazing how condemnation affects the minds, which affect the entire body. Unreal.

Please type a synopsis when you are done? :)

Remember, you are the you know what!

:cool:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░█████████████████████

░░░░░███████████████████████████

░░░███████████████████████████████

░██████████████████████████████████

░███████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████

░░█████████████████████████████████

░░░██████████████████████████████

░░░░███████████████████████████

-

• Like 1
pureinheart
Yes, I believe so. :)

Please type a synopsis when you are done? :)

:cool:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███

░░░░░░░░█████████████████████

░░░░░███████████████████████████

░░░███████████████████████████████

░██████████████████████████████████

░░█████████████████████████████████

░░░██████████████████████████████

░░░░███████████████████████████

-

Oh man, I'm loosing it all over the place! This is too good!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh Lord, another big word...just kidding:D I definitely will. In brief, to the point of which I've reached, condemnation could very well be the main tool the enemy uses to disable the believer, or to attempt to disable the believer- also, I think a major point to make is, this is a tool to keep many from the truth of salvation.

In our thought process, if the mind is not submitted to Christ, the enemy has free reign to place condemnation in the minds of men both saved and unsaved. You know that wonderful little tape recorder that plays over and over with such things as, "you're no good", "it's too late", "you'll never amount to anything", and so on.

One thing I'd like to point out, whatever the enemy is speaking is the exact opposite of what the Lord is about to do:D

• Like 2
  • Author
TheFinalWord
Oh Lord, another big word...just kidding:D I definitely will. In brief, to the point of which I've reached, condemnation could very well be the main tool the enemy uses to disable the believer, or to attempt to disable the believer- also, I think a major point to make is, this is a tool to keep many from the truth of salvation.

Totally agree. :)

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

pureinheart
Totally agree. :)

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

You know, through various teachings, I think there is a better grasp of grace.

One of the sections in the Off Topic portion of LS, a poster made one of the most profound statements- one of those statements caused me to understand the state of the US and the world. He/she compared the past to now, stating that we are inundated with so much information and issues today, that let's say a person back in the 1800's maybe only dealt with one in their entire lives. This is not a direct quote.

TFW, it's no wonder grace is so difficult to receive, and people need drugs to cope! It's too much, it's complicated now and the simple teaching of grace just doesn't compute in a complicated/confusing world.

One of the most difficult cleansings I went through was that of the religious spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I'm not sure what I think about this video. I think the description on the bottom reveals a lot. It says to avoid the "pitfalls of...low living" and that, if you obey God then you'll be blessed in "health, finances, and family life".

What about Jesus? He was the anointed one yet he suffered from "low living". What about Mary? She was "blessed" among women yet she had to lose her son to death. What about Jacob and Esau? Jacob was "loved" by God yet he was stricken with opposition. Esau was "hated" (yes "hated") by God yet he lived it up and enjoyed wealth and happiness.

I guess you all have heard me say these things before. The only blessings that truly matter are humility, purity of heart, brokenness, and knowledge of God.

• Author
TheFinalWord
Hmm, I'm not sure what I think about this video.

Did you watch the entire video? :confused: Honestly, it does not seem like it. What specific points in the video do you not agree with?

In the context of this sermon, my understanding of "low living" was a life filled with sin. And the pastor encouraged us to forget about the things we think will make us happy (money), and go straight for the source of happiness: faith in Jesus Christ.

It is admirable that the pastor was able to swim against the current while in the Navy, which is especially difficult in a stressful situation, far from home, with comrades. The lifestyle of those around us can have such a powerful influence, and those without faith will sometimes try so hard to pull you into whatever they do themselves (drinking, gambling, sexual sin, etc).

I have a lot of respect for those who can stand up for their beliefs, and keep their eyes on God. It's something I hope the Lord continues to grow in me each day.

• Like 3
In the context of this sermon, my understanding of "low living" was a life filled with sin. And the pastor encouraged us to forget about the things we think will make us happy (money), and go straight for the source of happiness: faith in Jesus Christ.

It is admirable that the pastor was able to swim against the current while in the Navy, which is especially difficult in a stressful situation, far from home, with comrades. The lifestyle of those around us can have such a powerful influence, and those without faith will sometimes try so hard to pull you into whatever they do themselves (drinking, gambling, sexual sin, etc).

I have a lot of respect for those who can stand up for their beliefs, and keep their eyes on God. It's something I hope the Lord continues to grow in me each day.

I guess the description beneath the video was written by someone else--because it clearly contradicts the message that you interpreted.

• Like 1
I guess the description beneath the video was written by someone else--because it clearly contradicts the message that you interpreted.

You're right, M30USA. I hadn't even read that. I was referring to

of the message, but have a listen, and let me know if you think I misunderstood.
  • Like 1