Happy Easter <><

TheFinalWord

Or Resurrection Day as my dad prefers :)

I pray that everyone will find the love of Jesus, and experience the power of his resurrection.

Please share any reflections, scriptures, songs, poems, thoughts that you feel in connection with the resurrection of Jesus.

Here is a clip of the Resurrection, word for word from the gospel of John.

The Gospel of John (17 of 18) - YouTube

Some of my thoughts...

• I love how Jesus first appeared to women; not the first counter-cultural move the gospel story would invoke. :)
  • Every day is Easter if you know Jesus.
  • The same power that resurrected Christ, will resurrect all those that accept Christ on the last day...it is our great hope! In this life, Christ's resurrection power can quicken our spirit and make us a new creature. Our old life is buried and we are risen brand new (redemption). Our sins are washed away by the shed blood of Christ.
  • Baptism is a picture of sorts of the life, burial and resurrection. We are buried and resurrected with Christ.
  • "He that liveth and believeth in me shall never die"

• Like 8

[*] I love how Jesus first appeared to women; not the first counter-cultural move the gospel story would invoke. :)

Josh McDowell, I believe, said this is one reason why the Bible was not written as a hoax. A person who is attempting to gain as much credibility for his writing as possible would not say that women were the first witnesses on the scene. Women at that time were not even allowed to appear as witnesses.

TFW,

I know you've heard Keith Green's music. I always play this one every Easter.

Keith Green - Easter Song - YouTube

• Like 4
The same power that resurrected Christ, will resurrect all those that accept Christ on the last day...it is our great hope! In this life, Christ's resurrection power can quicken our spirit and make us a new creature. Our old life is buried and we are risen brand new (redemption). Our sins are washed away by the shed blood of Christ.

:) Amen! :) I was just reading about cracking Easter Eggs, and how it symolizes the resurrection.

<><

That kind of looks like a bunny, lol :). Does it mean something?

Edited by pie2
  • Like 2
  • Author
TheFinalWord
:) Amen! :) I was just reading about cracking Easter Eggs, and how it symolizes the resurrection.

That kind of looks like a bunny, lol :). Does it mean something?

Oh, that is cool about cracking eggs! We colored eggs today lol

<>< is kind of a ghetto keyboard version of Ichthys. :laugh:

Happy Easter pie2!!! :)

• Like 2
<>< is kind of a ghetto keyboard version of Ichthys.

:laugh:

Lol, I still didn't know! I had to look Ichthys up, thinking maybe it was some kind of internet abbreviation (I Can't Help The...something something something?).

But it all makes sense now :lmao:.

Happy Easter :):):)

• Like 1
  • Author
TheFinalWord
:laugh:

Lol, I still didn't know! I had to look Ichthys up, thinking maybe it was some kind of internet abbreviation (I Can't Help The...something something something?).

But it all makes sense now :lmao:.

Happy Easter :):):)

I had to use Ichthys to sound sophisticated lol Commonly known as Jesus fish ;)

• Like 1
BetheButterfly

Happy Resurrection Day!!! :):bunny:

I pray that everyone will find the love of Jesus, and experience the power of his resurrection.

Please share any reflections, scriptures, songs, poems, thoughts that you feel in connection with the resurrection of Jesus.

Some of my thoughts...

• I love how Jesus first appeared to women; not the first counter-cultural move the gospel story would invoke. :)
  • The same power that resurrected Christ, will resurrect all those that accept Christ on the last day...it is our great hope! In this life, Christ's resurrection power can quicken our spirit and make us a new creature. Our old life is buried and we are risen brand new (redemption). Our sins are washed away by the shed blood of Christ.
  • Baptism is a picture of sorts of the life, burial and resurrection. We are buried and resurrected with Christ.
  • "He that liveth and believeth in me shall never die

Amen!!!

Some of my favorite Christian songs have to do with Jesus' resurrection:

The Power Of The Cross by Shelly E Johnson Lyrics - YouTube

Christ is Risen (Come Awake)-Matt Maher - YouTube

Blessings :)

• Like 2
BetheButterfly
Josh McDowell, I believe, said this is one reason why the Bible was not written as a hoax. A person who is attempting to gain as much credibility for his writing as possible would not say that women were the first witnesses on the scene. Women at that time were not even allowed to appear as witnesses.

That is a very interesting point, and I, as a woman, appreciate greatly the accounts of Jesus talking with women, from the Samaritan woman to Mary and Martha, Lazarus' sisters! :)

I love how the women who truly knew Jesus loved him, and still do today 2 thousand years later, including me!!! :love: I am grateful for God's love through Jesus Christ!!! :bunny:

Have to go now! Blessings!

• Like 4

:love:

:bunny:

:)Oh, praise the one who

:) Paid my debt

:) And raised this life up from the dead!

:bunny:

(I needed a lot of emoticons for this post but I can't help it...it just makes me happy! :D)

• Like 4
That is a very interesting point, and I, as a woman, appreciate greatly the accounts of Jesus talking with women, from the Samaritan woman to Mary and Martha, Lazarus' sisters! :)

I love how the women who truly knew Jesus loved him, and still do today 2 thousand years later, including me!!! :love: I am grateful for God's love through Jesus Christ!!! :bunny:

Have to go now! Blessings!

I'd have to double check this, but I don't think there are any cases in Scripture of Jesus speaking the truth to a woman where the woman turns away or disbelieves (as some men did). Women, for good and bad, seem to believe things quicker. The unfortunate thing is deceivers come along and take advantage of this. It's a very positive trait yet it can be fatal at the same time. Perhaps this is why, as we've been previously discussing, God seems to hold men more accountable.

Edited by M30USA
BetheButterfly
I'd have to double check this, but I don't think there are any cases in Scripture of Jesus speaking the truth to a woman where the woman turns away or disbelieves (as some men did). Women, for good and bad, seem to believe things quicker. The unfortunate thing is deceivers come along and take advantage of this. It's a very positive trait yet it can be fatal at the same time. Perhaps this is why, as we've been previously discussing, God seems to hold men more accountable.

I don't know if there were some women along with men who followed Jesus who decided to no longer follow him? (John 6:60-69)

Anyways, it is interesting how many women do tend to have an easier time with the spiritual... I think one reason is because many women have a strong intuition and can feel that there's more to this earth than just the physical... they can sense the spiritual side of life and embrace it. There are men who can too. :)

Jesus taught spiritual lessons using earthly scenarios. Those lessons are powerful and focus on Love and on the Kingdom of Heaven. It seems that only through God's Spirit can people understand, both men and women. I love how in Joel, the prophecy about God's Spirit is for BOTH men and women!!! I love how in Acts 2, the apostle Peter quotes that prophecy!

While the 12 apostles are all men (and yeah I believe that God holds men more accountable though I don't understand why?) I do think it's awesome that women are given God's Holy Spirit too (and rightly so!!!). I believe women are the "heart" of the home and their influence was/is just as important as the 12 apostles' teachings about Jesus. Like the Samaritan woman at the well, women have the power and ability to positively impact people too, no matter their past!!!

Women, same as men, also suffered for Christ when they were being persecuted for their faith. In some countries even today, men and women are being persecuted for their faith, but it is important for men and women who follow Jesus to not persecute others, but rather to Love others, like Jesus said! :)

Jesus gave a very important lesson in love: "John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." He did that, once for all, for us!

It's so easy to say "I love you!" but it's so hard to sacrifice oneself if need be in order to save/rescue others. I am so grateful though that Jesus didn't stay dead... while I understand why other people don't believe in his resurrection, I do believe and I can't wait to see him face to face someday!!! :love:

• Like 1
pureinheart

God Bless you all, and Happy Resurrection Day/Easter.

May Gods peace surround you and may e al be a blessing to God and others all the days of our lives:)

• Like 2
pureinheart

Anyone watching the History Channel tonight? Wow, I can feel the anointing of our resurrected Jesus now...Today is a very special Resurrection Day for me...He saved my life.

pureinheart

Some of my thoughts...

• "He that liveth and believeth in me shall never die"

You are a beautiful Brother and remind me of our Risen King...God Bless Brother and may God pour out His Spirit on you tonight:)

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
Anyone watching the History Channel tonight? .

Nope but I've heard about it and would like to watch it eventually. I'm just waiting for my hubby to finish his preparations for work tomorrow so we can go to bed.

Wow, I can feel the anointing of our resurrected Jesus now...Today is a very special Resurrection Day for me...He saved my life

:love: God bless you Pureinheart! Love you!

Your sis in Christ, and I'm so glad He saved your life!!! :bunny:

Bethy

I don't know if there were some women along with men who followed Jesus who decided to no longer follow him? (John 6:60-69)

Good point.

Anyways, it is interesting how many women do tend to have an easier time with the spiritual... I think one reason is because many women have a strong intuition and can feel that there's more to this earth than just the physical... they can sense the spiritual side of life and embrace it. There are men who can too. :)

I would say women are definitely more in touch with feelings and senses. But I do think that's different than spirituality. Spirituality is more about discerning truths through wisdom than it is about being in touch with feelings. But I can see the overlap. Biblically, men are called to be spiritual heads. This is yet another reason why our world is so screwed up. Men don't assume this role. We incorrectly think that women should be doing this.

pureinheart
Nope but I've heard about it and would like to watch it eventually. I'm just waiting for my hubby to finish his preparations for work tomorrow so we can go to bed.

:love: God bless you Pureinheart! Love you!

Your sis in Christ, and I'm so glad He saved your life!!! :bunny:

Bethy

Oh Bethy:) you are so blessed, if it weren't for you and the love you demonstrate continually ... I would not have found love again. Without love I am nothing and am forever grateful to you. I love you soooo much! I am your forever sis in Christ, and thank you, and really hope to use the rest of my life here wisely:)

You will absolutely love the actor who plays Jesus...I bet he comes close ...man he's got the anointing that's for sure!

Hey- so glad to see you love!

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
Good point.

I would say women are definitely more in touch with feelings and senses. But I do think that's different than spirituality. Spirituality is more about discerning truths through wisdom than it is about being in touch with feelings. But I can see the overlap. Biblically, men are called to be spiritual heads. This is yet another reason why our world is so screwed up. Men don't assume this role. We incorrectly think that women should be doing this.

Feelings are a part of how we understand the world around us though. One thing I love about after Jesus' resurrection is how he understood why Thomas doubted him and encouraged him to feel (with his sense of touch) Jesus' scars:

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

The idea makes my sentiments fill over with grief and joy, grief for the scars, joy for the life returned.

I am sure that the simple act of touching Jesus' scars overcame Thomas with emotion too... it helped him believe what he had previously doubted.

So even though I agree with you about spirituality being discerning truths for wisdom, feelings are important too: both the sense of touch as well as the emotions that come with processing what our senses relay to us.

Even though Christians today have not seen with our own eyes what happened, we believe, and I think that one of the most powerful moments in our lives will be when we see Jesus face to face. I know I want to touch the scars where the nails pierced him, and I know my emotions will be overcome cause of both grief for the horrible, unjust pain he suffered, and joy that he is alive forevermore!!! :love:

Even though Christians today have not seen with our own eyes what happened, we believe, and I think that one of the most powerful moments in our lives will be when we see Jesus face to face.

You just nailed one of the great mysteries of life on earth, lol. The concept of faith is the tool by which God will transform humans into sons of God. We are being put through the fires of a world which has no direct communication with God; where angels hide themselves from us; where God chooses to speak to prophets who convey his messages to us rather than him just appearing directly. Make no mistake: his inconspicuous behavior is 100% intentional and perfect. He is doing all this for the reason you stated in your previous post. Thomas was praised for believing after seeing, but the greatest blessing will be for those who believe WITHOUT seeing. When all is said and done, not even the angels of heaven or even Michael the archangel will be able to say they have believed without seeing. Only those humans who come out of this confusing, deceptive, murky world full of doubt yet still believe upon Jesus.

Edited by M30USA
BetheButterfly
You just nailed one of the great mysteries of life on earth, lol. The concept of faith is the tool by which God will transform humans into sons of God. We are being put through the fires of a world which has no direct communication with God; where angels hide themselves from us; where God chooses to speak to prophets who convey his messages to us rather than him just appearing directly. Make no mistake: his inconspicuous behavior is 100% intentional and perfect. He is doing all this for the reason you stated in your previous post. Thomas was praised for believing after seeing, but the greatest blessing will be for those who believe WITHOUT seeing. When all is said and done, not even the angels of heaven or even Michael the archangel will be able to say they have believed without seeing. Only those humans who come out of this confusing, deceptive, murky world full of doubt yet still believe upon Jesus.

I believe we do have direct communication with God, in form of prayer on our part to Him, and visions/dreams/revelations on His part to us...

Yeah, what Jesus said after talking while talking to Thomas about his resurrection is really cool!

John 20:29 (I boldened some.)

New International Version (NIV)

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

You are right; faith is really important and helps shape us into "sons of God", people who don't just rely on our senses and earthly limitations but rather on God's Spirit flowing through us to bless others.

I think faith is a very important component of Love, and I 100% believe that God = Love.

1 John 4:7-13 (I boldened some.)

New International Version (NIV)

"7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him."

10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit"

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • Like 2
I believe we do have direct communication with God, in form of prayer on our part to Him, and visions/dreams/revelations on His part to us...

By "direct communication" I was referring to things similar to the following examples:

1) Jacob physically wrestling with an angel of The Lord and having a conversation with him.

2) An audible voice coming from The Father in the sky at Christs baptism.

3) Jesus on earth, walking and talking for all to see.

4) Jehovah walking in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve pre-fall.

5) Audible voice of Christ coming from sky and knocking Paul off his horse and blinding him.

You are correct. God does speak to us in many ways. But most of them are not direct in an OBJECTIVE sense--where witnesses can see it or hear it. This is one reason why receiving such a message from God is incredibly frustrating. Nobody will believe you! Even the prophets were laughed at and sent away! God goes about his business in this way most of the time. He usually won't show up for all to see. Why? Because if he did, we wouldn't need to exercise faith.

Edited by M30USA
  • Author
TheFinalWord

Good scene to summarize Easter for those that celebrated. :)

Interesting fact about this movie, The Jesus Film project, has been translated in 1,160 languages

• Like 2
pureinheart

Hey, just out of curiosity, did this Resurrection Day and the week prior seem to be more powerful and filled with much more unusual enemy attack?

Maybe it's just me and the people I hang with, although all of us have had REALLY weird attack during this time...

• Author
TheFinalWord
Hey, just out of curiosity, did this Resurrection Day and the week prior seem to be more powerful and filled with much more unusual enemy attack?

Maybe it's just me and the people I hang with, although all of us have had REALLY weird attack during this time...

What kind of things have been happening? :)

pureinheart
What kind of things have been happening? :)

Well, everybody I know is sick, and realise that it's that time of year, although these are people that rarely ever get sick. I really wish I could remember all of it, but everyone I talk to is going through unusual things.