Good Friday

TheFinalWord

Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.” The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.” There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews. One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

• Like 3
  • Author
TheFinalWord

May the Father bless all those that remember his Son Jesus through Holy Communion on Good Friday :)

• Like 2
  • Author
TheFinalWord

"I can't be with you much longer, my friends. You know the way that leads to the place where I am going."

Thomas said "Lord we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way to get there?"

Jesus replied: "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the father but by me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on you do know him and have seen him"

Then one of them, Philip, said, "Lord show us the father and it will be enough"

"For a long time I have been with you all, and yet you do not know me Philip. Whoever has seen me, has seen the Father. Why then do you say, show us the Father?"

• Like 1
  • Author
TheFinalWord

PS: I meant to add to the OP.

This is a reflection thread. Please share whatever spiritual connection you feel regarding the death of the Lord Jesus. Verses, feelings, songs, prayers, thoughts...

Take care!!

• Like 2

This time of year (Good Friday, especially) is SO hard. I feel anguish. Of course, at the core, I'm beyond thankful, and joyful that Jesus sacrificed himself for me. But being reminded of my own tendency to crucify Christ is so painful.

Watching the Passion of the Christ is especially difficult. But it's a good, cleansing kind of difficult...like a hard workout. It's painful to go through, but it's for my own good. I mean, I just bawled my eyes out here, lol...but it helps me remember how lucky I am :)

Edited by pie2
  • Like 3

For God so loved the world that he gave us his only son.

That whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

“I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die"

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth, a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

• Like 4
pureinheart
This time of year (Good Friday, especially) is SO hard. I feel anguish. Of course, at the core, I'm beyond thankful, and joyful that Jesus sacrificed himself for me. But being reminded of my own tendency to crucify Christ is so painful.

Watching the Passion of the Christ is especially difficult. But it's a good, cleansing kind of difficult...like a hard workout. It's painful to go through, but it's for my own good. I mean, I just bawled my eyes out here, lol...but it helps me remember how lucky I am :)

I'm there with you Pie...most of the week can't stop crying for many reasons. Knowing the wretched heart I have, then knowing that Jesus died for me- all of us. By all human concepts and deeds, I should not be here ...because I'm a miracle? No. Because Jesus died for our sins and has an abundance of grace.

We praise You Jesus..and Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done...Lord, rise up Your intecessors, You know the exact needs of each and every individual...Father move the dead places and let our hearts and minds be resurrected- in Jesus mighty Name, Amen. God Bless you all...

• Like 2
  • Author
TheFinalWord

I agree guys, because Jesus was perfect and did not deserve it; but instead took it for us because of his great love...

"Scarcely for a righteous man will any die, though for a hero some may die; but God commended his love to us in this: while we were yet sinners Christ dies for us"

PS: I was in a hurry on my mobile, but I meant to add that the first youtube link in OP is not as brutal; the second one is more harsh to watch. I know some people may be sensitive. I am. I can't watch movies with much brutality. I don't mind war movies and things, but when they show very graphic details of anyone being harmed it makes me recoil and I can't watch. Seeing Jesus taking a beating is practically unbearable. I think I cried the entire time during Passion.

• Like 2
pureinheart
I agree guys, because Jesus was perfect and did not deserve it; but instead took it for us because of his great love...

"Scarcely for a righteous man will any die, though for a hero some may die; but God commended his love to us in this: while we were yet sinners Christ dies for us"

PS: I was in a hurry on my mobile, but I meant to add that the first youtube link in OP is not as brutal; the second one is more harsh to watch. I know some people may be sensitive. I am. I can't watch movies with much brutality. I don't mind war movies and things, but when they show very graphic details of anyone being harmed it makes me recoil and I can't watch. Seeing Jesus taking a beating is practically unbearable. I think I cried the entire time during Passion.

TFW, I couldn't watch The Passion, but did see an interview of the guy who played Jesus...during the scenes in which he was sentanced to death and after, he went through hell on earth and if I remember correctly almost died and didn't think he could go further. When the Lord returns my brain AGAIN, I'll look for the interview, it's amazing.

I can't handle watching Jesus death, have many times and freak out..The Passion is just too real from what I've heard. I can't even imagine this type of love that Jesus has for us...I can't touch that on many levels.

Forgot to add, we shall live and not die to declare the works of the Lord- meaning that is our sole purpose here...

• Like 1

It is so brutal! The very maximum I can watch the Passion of the Christ is once a year, if that.

I just can't imagine what Jesus was going through when he asked why God had forsaken him. Jesus, who had faith and understanding at all times, in the face of countless temtations, maybe had a hard time seeing the Father at the moment he bore the weight of ALL of humankind's sins...past, present and future. That's the saddest part to me, even moreso than the physical pain he suffered.

• Like 2
Lostinlife4now

This Wonderful Man that I call Jesus...died for my crummy sins..

It really makes you step back and think....

God Help Us All!

• Like 3

Yeah, we kill our best. What in the world does God see in us anyway, wretched souls that we are. Can't believe He loves us that much.

God Help Us All!

You said that right.

• Like 4