"My Faith, My Family, and My Friends"

BetheButterfly

Many people find strength in believing in God and God's goodness, even when they struggle with difficult issues. Lizzie Velasquez, a wonderful and amazing lady, endures what most people would not want: to suffer from a syndrome that makes her different-looking than others and motivates bullies to make fun of her. :(

However, Lizzie said this, "My faith, my family, and my friends are the three things that have gotten me where I am today and have definitely been a huge part in my turning point of realizing that I need to positive about this."

One of the positive aspects of trusting in God is realizing that he has a plan even when things are difficult. Lizzie Velasquez did not let her heart grow bitter against God for what she suffers. She understands that she can make a positive difference for other people by speaking encouragement into their lives! She has even said about her condition, "I would never change it because all the opportunities, all the lives I'm being able to touch right now, I don't feel like I'd able to do that if I didn't look the way I did."

She is called "an angel sent to teach us all about kindness and acceptance." I understand that, because she has so much the world needs.

Beauty fades. Death is a part of life. However, what people need are love, kindness, and acceptance. For Lizzie Velasquez, her faith in God and her wonderful support of family and friends have given her strength to be a blessing to others, instead of wallowing in self-pity or giving in to the selfishness, cruelty, sadism, and hatred in a hardhearted world.

I am so grateful for Lizzie!!! She is a living testimony of the goodness of God and the blessings of loving family and friends. Do I wish that she didn't have this syndrome! Yes!!! I very much wish that there were no syndromes, diseases, disasters, war, pain, or death!!! However, I am so grateful that she finds strength and comfort in her faith, her family, and her friends. :love: May we bless and strengthen and comfort our family and friends who are going through hard times, as well as strangers! (Strangers can become friends.) :bunny:

Edited by BetheButterfly

Why, why do you have to post these uplifting threads when today I am intent on feeling sorry for myself today! :mad:

It's just what I needed, thank you!

I love your new avatar, you're beautiful, you precious lass you! :love:

ps - your h is really really handsome! Oh if I were 2 years younger....did I forget a 0, no! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Author
BetheButterfly
Why, why do you have to post these uplifting threads when today I am intent on feeling sorry for myself today! :mad:

It's just what I needed, thank you!

I love your new avatar, you're beautiful, you precious lass you! :love:

ps - your h is really really handsome! Oh if I were 2 years younger....did I forget a 0, no! :laugh:

Lizzie Velasquez is an inspiration. She teaches/reminds people about how important kindness and love and acceptance is, even when people are different. :love:

Thanks, though I hope to be beautiful on the inside. :bunny: Beauty on the outside goes away and can be destroyed so fast :( but beauty on the inside is through having a loving and caring heart for others and that is a legacy!!!

My husband is very handsome on the inside.:love: He loves God and loves others. It amazes me and makes me so thankful how he helps people in need. Sad to say, some men do not care about others but only about themselves. However, thankfully there are both good men and women who care about others, no matter their reasons. The important thing is to actively care for others, and this makes one beautiful/handsome on the inside!!!

There is nothing that compares to a Godly marriage. :love:

One of my favorite sayings is, beauty fades dumb is forever. :)

“Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not promote itself, is not puffed up, does not behave badly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails” 1Corinthians 13:4-8

• Like 1
  • Author
BetheButterfly
There is nothing that compares to a Godly marriage. :love:

Agreed! I pray that God brings Lizzie together with a wonderful man who loves her for the wonderful lady she is!!! :bunny:

One of my favorite sayings is, beauty fades dumb is forever. :)

Lol that reminds me of the famous Proverbs:

Proverbs 31

Proverbs 31 NIV - Sayings of King Lemuel - The sayings of - Bible Gateway

"Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29 “Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not promote itself, is not puffed up, does not behave badly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails” 1Corinthians 13:4-8

Amen! I boldened some above because that is so true, what love is!!!
  • Like 1