HOroscopes...Real Or nOt?

I find myself always reading my daily horoscope... sometimes just to kill time at the office...But does it really mean something? where does this come from?

During Norse times the mariners would use the stars as a travel indicator. Travel also can be of Time- what is to forecome.

Astrology is a field not ackowledged with real scientific worth, yet I enjoy it.

I had mine read when I was 13 by a Lady that was DEAD ON with the "events".

Mine is Saggit, what is yours? (ALways love that corny pick up line )

I don't take them very seriously, however, I find the Chinese Zodiac is pretty accurate in describing my personality. It's more entertainment than anything to me.

:laugh:

I don't consider it 'real', but it can be a lot of fun to play around with when you're discussing relationship dynamics with a partner. I once dated someone who claimed divine connection based on opposite star signs. At the time, I was willing to buy the idea :love::D

Horoscopes are like the bibles. Theres fun stories in there to discuss, but none of it is true. its just stuff that some people need to function, because some people depend on faith. And faith is based on ignorance of the situation, basically people dont know what could happen so they hope that what they want to happen will happen. My gf posts her horoscope every day on her fb, and we have alot of fun talking about it, to see if it could possibly be close to anything in her life.

• Author
During Norse times the mariners would use the stars as a travel indicator. Travel also can be of Time- what is to forecome.

Astrology is a field not ackowledged with real scientific worth, yet I enjoy it.

I had mine read when I was 13 by a Lady that was DEAD ON with the "events".

All i know is that i am a Cancer. lol. When i was 10 i had mine read by my sisters father... (thats what he does for a living)... everything he said was true. came true...over time. but yet im still skeptical.

• Author
Horoscopes are like the bibles. Theres fun stories in there to discuss, but none of it is true. its just stuff that some people need to function, because some people depend on faith. And faith is based on ignorance of the situation, basically people dont know what could happen so they hope that what they want to happen will happen. My gf posts her horoscope every day on her fb, and we have alot of fun talking about it, to see if it could possibly be close to anything in her life.

So its all based on faith.... it makes sense.

Figure it this way... if you have a hundred darts and you stand only six feet from the dart board, you're bound to hit the bull's eye once or twice. Same idea.

All i know is that i am a Cancer. lol. When i was 10 i had mine read by my sisters father... (thats what he does for a living)... everything he said was true. came true...over time. but yet im still skeptical.

Its okay to carry a healthy level of skepticism, some folks take it to extreme though as depicted by some of the nahsayer posters. TO each there own. Enjoy it for what it is. I personally think there is truth in everything....

Cancer folks are intriguing. Methodical and more often then not, correct in what ever endeavors they persue.

They're so general!!

Here is mine from today:

You could find all sorts of activities to choose from this morning. Group involvement in sports or some neighborhood activity is likely. Family matters take on more importance just now. You exhibit great appreciation for the people and things in your life.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who couldn't that apply to?

• Like 1