Bible is gender biased?

Every Christian knows that Proverb 31 woman, she sounds like a superwoman. Many Christian men are seeking a woman like that.

My question is: is there anything mentioned in Bible about a Virtue Husband? We need Proverb 32 man! :laugh:

So, what do you think? What do you think a ideal husband and lover would be like?

florence of suburbia

From a secular point of view the bible is gender biased. From a biblical point of view, the bible illuminates the ultimate truth about the sexes.

Seems to me nature itself is gender biased since only women are required to commit their bodies to childbirth and all the risk that comes with it.

• Author

Interesting, FOS. sometimes i feel the same way. I think men complain too much when we women suffer each month not even mention the pain of giving birth to a baby. based on this point of view, no matter how much and hard men chase after women before marriage and after marriage, it is not unreasonable.

Bible does teach man loves their wife as Jesus loves the church, love the wife as his own body, but how many men can do that? how many can live their faith rather than speak the faith?

Yes the bible is gender bias.

Thankfully humans are built with a conscious and ability to toss out false information and deal with the reality.

Trojan John
Thankfully humans are built with a conscious and ability to toss out false information and deal with the reality.

Too bad very few of us use that ability...

ShatteredReality

When Adam and Eve were tossed from the garden one of the things He said to Eve was that she would Crave her husband. We women, with our emotional make up that should compliment the husband, CRAVE our men, which makes us seem the more vulnerable - and we are referred to as the "weaker vessel" but that's not a negative conotation, though some choose to read it that way. Jesus had an incredible amount of respect and adoration for women. Children too. He didn't see them as lesser or anything like that at all.

Also - more close to what you said in the beginning about marriage, Lovely, it's also stated in the Bible that if a man doesn't treat his wife well his "prayers will be hindered". If you need me to find the scripture for that one I can - but if he's to cherish her and love her and treat her as his own body, then he doesn't, his prayers are hindered, which is a pretty serious punishment.

Yes the bible is filled with many things that one shouldnt do, such as concubines and living the lifestyle King David exhibited. Women were possessions in the Old testament- Kings Davids daughter Tamar was raped by her own sibling....Ohh how lovely that is to read and think women are cherished.

I disagree with literal interpretations and translations given to the "Holy bible" yet given what is written, its filled with bias gender matters.

• 2 weeks later...
dreamingoftigers
In every marriage, in every relationship... The man loves the woman alot more than the woman loves the man.

Blahahaha:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Check out my threads if you truly think that!

Love these ridiculous blanket statements!

• Author
In every marriage, in every relationship... The man loves the woman alot more than the woman loves the man.

in what way?

ok i get it, you mean women should never settle for men that who are luckwarm toward her. For every woman, there is a man matching her and who is supposed to love her more than she loves him, or close to equally love each other.

• Author
I think the love should be as even as possible and not loopsided in one direction.

Thats not what women want.

Women want to be loved but they do not want to love their man back anywhere near as much.

or you don't understand the way how woman loves. men and women do different things to show love

• Author
Ok, What things do women do to show love?

by receiving his nice gestures? :D

by admiring his ability to be responsible and protective?

what do you expect?

Edited by Lovelybird
ReturnToSender
Proves my point. Women are not capable of loving a man.

Probably too scared to love with the looming fear of his cum, and too exhausted to after all that running and screaming to the bathroom... :bunny:

Yes the bible is filled with many things that one shouldnt do, such as concubines and living the lifestyle King David exhibited. Women were possessions in the Old testament- Kings Davids daughter Tamar was raped by her own sibling....Ohh how lovely that is to read and think women are cherished.

I disagree with literal interpretations and translations given to the "Holy bible" yet given what is written, its filled with bias gender matters.

I've never been able to understand why so many people swear by these evil books and think they're suitable for children.

Proves my point. Women are not capable of loving a man.

"Oh ye of fickle discernment, feeding the troll amongst thee!

Hast thou learned nothing of the virtue of ignoring such disruption?"

TM proverb 101.

back on topic:

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Read and enjoy.

• Author
I've never been able to understand why so many people swear by these evil books and think they're suitable for children.

In this book, you can see two parts. One part is to describe human behaviors, yes, fallen and corrupted, and horrible. Another part is good part, sacrifice, love, close relationships.

If you only see the corrupted human part, and want to call it evil, you are calling human evil, which I agree to some degree. many pictures described in Bible is real lives of human beings, only they are ancient

In this book, you can see two parts. One part is to describe human behaviors, yes, fallen and corrupted, and horrible. Another part is good part, sacrifice, love, close relationships.

If you only see the corrupted human part, and want to call it evil, you are calling human evil, which I agree to some degree. many pictures described in Bible is real lives of human beings, only they are ancient

If there is a god and he is anything like he is described in the bible, then he is evil too.

No one needs a silly book to know right from wrong. Just seeing some of the wicked things religious people do thinking that what they're doing is right, just shows how much religion can warp people's minds.

• Author
If there is a god and he is anything like he is described in the bible, then he is evil too.

No one needs a silly book to know right from wrong. Just seeing some of the wicked things religious people do thinking that what they're doing is right, just shows how much religion can warp people's minds.

What is a good God in your mind?

What is a good God in your mind?

Someone who doesn't inflict suffering/pain on people or animals.

• Author
Someone who doesn't inflict suffering/pain on people or animals.

do you think all human pain and suffering come from God? and human has no part in it?

Ross, i think you have "who's responsible" mixed up.

God has nothing to do with any of that.

All actions you describe are engineered by humans either pretending they're doing God's work, or misguidedly believing they are.

• Author
Offcourse not, God doesn't exist. He's a work of fiction and a myth. Nothing more.

How can you be so sure He doesn't exist?

And we'll need proof of that, just as those who believe he DOES exist, are asked to prove their points.....