Super natural events: imagination or is it real?

Anyone believe in the super natural? Reincarnation and that sort of stuff? Im just wondering what everyone thinks about it.I believe in it very much.

Before my grandfather died,he said he was going to be a bee in his afterlife.Day of the funeral,we were outside and there was bee getting near me and they were all around that day.Afterwards we all grabbed something to eat and bees were chasing all of us in the kitchen.Then we saw them that whole day.They were on the screen door.Every September on his birthday bees get in the house and on the screen door.

One day my mother was driving back in her car and she said she could smell cigars all the way back and she swore it was my grandfather. My grandfather smoked alot of those.My family experiences the smell of cigars and it smells just like him so we knew it was him.When I was near the funeral home one day ,on my way to work that same smell of cigars started I said to my mother,"you smell that".

He lived near a railroad so close by that everyone heard the trains that go by.Every now and then I hear the sounds of the trains that was the same exact sound I heard at his place and I dont even live near a train station.

The day of the reunion before we left,we had all the tvs on to make it look like someone was home.When we got back they were all off.

I have believed in the super natural ever since it happened.

Patty

You always have a different spin on life and that's great!... I also believe that we receive "signs" from " the beyond" here and there.

I never met my Grandfather, he died right before I was born. But you know that feeling you sometimes get, like you are not alone when in all actuality you are??? I get that feeling once in a while, particularily when I am driving...and I know my Grandpa is with me, and as odd as it may sound...I will start talking to him...and it often helps me to have a better day!

So, next time when you smell your Grandpa's cigar or a bee starts chasing you just start talking to "him", might sound silly, but try it...you might just feel a lot more peaceful and better in general!

• Author

Yes,Ill be sure to have my camera ready. :D

Have you ever seen the episode on Unsolved Mysteries when this person,after she got her film developed noticed a ghostly image in the picture? I never understood if Unsolved Mysteries has the people acting or of they are showing the real people.Its hard to tell.

Patty

• 6 months later...
  • Author

How many people feel like they were able to reconnect with their loved ones in some way,or do you think its all imagination,or no such thing as spirits? Ive been alone many times and feel like I'm still connecting with my grandfather.He sends signals such as sence of smell.Everyone in the family has felt the same thing.But what was interesting is I didnt believe in spirits untill it started happening.

Things my grandfather still does to reconnect with me:

1.He will still smoke his cigars cause I still smell them every now and then.

2.I will feel a tap on my back sometimes when Im alone and I look back and no one is there.

3.He appears in my dreams saying he never died.

4.I still hear those trains that I use to hear at his place and iI dont even live near a train track.

5.day of the family reunion everything was on when we left the house.THe doors locked.When we came back all the tv's were off!

Does anyone think what Im experiencing is real? Or is it just my imagination?

Patty

YOU ASK: "Does anyone think what Im experiencing is real? Or is it just my imagination?"

What is the difference? Experiences are experiences. Whether my computer is real or imagined is none of my concern as long as I can connect to the Internet.

• Author
What is the difference? Experiences are experiences. Whether my computer is real or imagined is none of my concern as long as I can connect to the Internet.

Was just curious what people thought.Sorry. :o

Patty

Yes, Patty, I believe that a person's spirit lives on after they have died. I have definitely felt my father's presence since he died many years ago. And I also feel my stepson's presence. My husband says he feels it even more so. I think different people have their own experiences with it. I take comfort it in. I don't think it's a spooky thing at all.

HokeyReligions

I think death is it. There may be some lingering electrical current - a residue from the electrical impulses the body puts out, but that fades away.

We don't know that much about how the human brain works so maybe there is some other type of energy that that remains after the body dies, and our brains pick up that energy signal.

I don't really believe there is an "afterlife" that includes the conscious mind or thoughts or feelings that can be identified to a particular person. I think our brains may just interpret or process those electrical impulses in a way that we can understand - even if its a false understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.. I believe that all souls that have touched eachother can feel eachothers presence or existence.. its like an echo from the future or the past, distorting the riple of your soul in a very familiar way, that you almost see your own kind of logic in it, and try to explain it.

just accept it that it could be true... who knows.. I believe a lot of "things to be true unless proven otherwise".. it makes sense, most of the time.

• 2 years later...

Really interesting read and Im optimistic about pretty much everything. In some of my reading of spiritual and supernatural experiences which I did because of my own odd experiences some people are able to sense more things then others. When my greatgrandmother died to join her husband we hung a picture of them both to our stairwell along with the other family pictures. I was sitting here on the computer and I heard a pretty loud bang and went to check it out, the picture of them had fallen but sustained no damage and I did not think much of it. Later on I found out that my grandmother and her brother were visiting soon and not that my greatgrandparents played favourites but were quite fond of both of them more so then their other 3 sons. So I was having a smoke outside the front of the house and a rabbit had came along and stared at me untill I decided to go inside and for some reason the thought my gg had come to mind. So when our guests arrived the feeling was nice to be around everyone and catch up with things. They had stayed two nights and both those nights we had the you know the little chains with a bead or something at the end that are used to set variable speed for ceiling fans? well those were clanging together and against the porceline glass both nights and I just thought maybe it was just the motion from the fan and it still could of been but it's not happened prior or even after all of this. Then the morning my grandmother decided to leave we have always been pretty close we were sitting in the backyard having a smoke and coffee together and I decided to tell her about the strange things because she is openminded and beleives she also has had some sort of experience or another. At almost the precise moment when I told her about the rabbit and my mind just flooding with thoughts of my grandmother the rabbit appeared and just stared at both of us and my grandmother broke down in tears, and said 'Hey Mom' but those tears were joyful because she had a big smile on her face. All coinsidence? beats me, interesting none the less. The final weird thing happen when my Uncle and Aunt were visiting with their somewhat young girl, 6 or so at the time which my greatgrandmother was overjoyed and excited with because she is the youngest of all her grandaughers, the picture had fallen off the wall once again while I was on the computer again. Notting really significant happen while they were visiting but it definately gets you thinking...

• 4 weeks later...
Sneakee Monkee

Yeah, I think there is. In fact, I can say that for me, I know there is.

Now, before you whip out the yellow pages to call the men in little white coats on me- I can promise you I've seen two different things- one good and one bad.

I won't go into detail, because at this point I already have goosebumps (I really don't enjoy refering to it) but I know with out a doubt that I saw something and I was completely lucid on each occasion.

Now. What I can talk about is things that have happened to my husbands family. My husbands father is deceased (in a very tragic, unexpected accident), back when husband was around 10 back in the 80s. For years after that, even up until when I've known the family- "B" (hubby's dad) would mess around with the radio. He seems to enjoy changing the radio stations to one particular setting- one that no onein their home, no one alive that is, listens to. They can leave, come home and the radio will be on, on that channel. Turn it off, leave come back, and it's on again. He does it to the car stereo sometimes as well, as if he can follow them around- which totally makes sense, because they don't live in the same state now as the one they were in when he died.

M-I-L says it doesn't bother her, that she enjoys knowing that he still visits and is aware of them. Me, personally, I think it's totally creepy, same as how I feel about my 2 encounters- I perfer to be left alone.

But yes, I can vouch for a strong belief in the "afterlife" and our ability to come back and screw around with the heads of the living.