Christians and 11:11

4givrnt4gtr

So...Ive encountered this little thing for almost two years now. I have constantly look at clock/computer/addresses etc and would see 11:11.

At first i thought nothing of it...but then it started happening over and over where i just couldnt shrug it off.

So then, I looked it up online and to my surprised I found a BUNCH of websites regarding that.

A lot of them are linked to this cult of Uritanism or something of the sort. This cult bassically says that 11:11 is a prompt by Angels etc. They even said that a lot of the times, these "angels" would give other prompts such as 2222 or 1212. Well guess what. I work in building 222, suite 2222. ;)

So, being raised Catholic, and a firm believer in God, Jesus and Angels (despite my serious iffiness about the actual religion and some if its teaching, lets not mention some of the atrocities the church has done in recent years and even in history...crusades anyone??), I looked more into it.

I didnt actually read the book they speak of, but a few comments/ things of it. Mostly to me it seem to reinforce the basic teaching that I hold as ways to live my life. These are, love each other as much as possible, respect and trust God, and that He has a plan. That He will always ALWAYS will take care of all of us and that His love is unending etc etc.

Bassically, what Im saying is, if someone/something tells you to do good by other men, to love God and trust in him...why would then, because of technicallities, will you denounce, and even condem such teachings?

I googled Christianity and that book, and found many sites denouncing it, and even saying it was the work of the devil....

That confused me greatly....if the work of the devil is something that tells me to love and trust God and to do good by fellow men....then what is God's message??

So, I googled 11:11 and Christians...apparently, according to some sites...its another work of the devil, that wants me to deviate from the teachings of the bible so that something or the other...

Honestly, I dont get it.....as far as my Christian's teachings have been, it all boils down to "love one another and love God"....

The when why and hows...whatever.

So why is it that nowadays those things seem more important to Christians than the actual message ??

Anyone care to explain?

(And if you have any takes on the 11:11, other than "its coincidence" do tell as well!)

• Like 1
  • Author
4givrnt4gtr

by the way...not that it matters, im not advocating the cult...which i cant even remember the name of. But what I am saying is why are Christians so quick to denounce and even say its "the devil speaking", when something or someone speak of something new even if the bassic message is the same as the one Jesus gave??

be wary of false prophets, who will try their best to sway you from the truth. And with an easily accessible tool like the internet, false prophets abound. Just look at the questionable sources you run into doing ANY kind of research. Better yet, consider the "so and so said" emails you get, then check them against the snopes site, which debunks a lot of stuff.

religion is merely the vehicle you use to get you along your spiritual journey. Like you, I'm Catholic, but unlike you, I don't have a problem with Catholicism because I understand that the messengers are flawed, not the message. And that for all the messes committed in the name of the Church (inquisition, crusades, abuse of vulnerable children & adults), we must strive to see the truth of Christ that is the shebang of Catholicism ...

that said, I think one can read whatever they fancy into things. Take the Mother Teresa cinnamon roll, Mary in a rust stain and Jesus in a tortilla. They're not truly what they suggest, but they *do* serve as a means of getting people to think about saints, Jesus and his Mama ... they're guideposts, if you will, on our spiritual journey.

just like some of the posters here are guides for this journey – the ones who believe as well as the ones who abstain from belief in God.

So why is it that nowadays those things seem more important to Christians than the actual message ??

because they've allowed themselves to get sucked into what false prophets tell them, plain and simple.

God has revealed His truth to man, and we innately understand that truth even if we run from it or surround ourselves with material goods/wealth to distract our sight ...