Dispensationalism

Born out of the restless religious environment in England and Ireland in the 1820s, dispensationalism is rooted in the Plymouth Brethren movement, especially the teachings of John Darby (1800–1882).

Dispensationalism: the dividing of history into specific periods according to how God is said to have dealt with humanity. For example, from the Fall to Noah, God related to man through his conscience, from Moses to Christ, he related to man through the Law, and so forth. Late 19th-Century premillenialists held that God had a "pattern for the ages." Composed of seven dispensations, the last would be the Millennium. Dispensationalism was made popular through the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible It came to be more than a way of looking at history; it was tied to the verbal inerrancy of the Bible

RealityCheck
Born out of the restless religious environment in England and Ireland in the 1820s, dispensationalism is rooted in the Plymouth Brethren movement, especially the teachings of John Darby (1800–1882).

Dispensationalism: the dividing of history into specific periods according to how God is said to have dealt with humanity. For example, from the Fall to Noah, God related to man through his conscience, from Moses to Christ, he related to man through the Law, and so forth. Late 19th-Century premillenialists held that God had a "pattern for the ages." Composed of seven dispensations, the last would be the Millennium. Dispensationalism was made popular through the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible It came to be more than a way of looking at history; it was tied to the verbal inerrancy of the Bible

Cobra, is this in relation to raising the consciouness awareness and I am not speaking of right/wrong or good/bad.

I looked this up and noticed that it's derived from Judaism, although a Christian form. This comes as no surprise, considering the refuting of Jesus as Christ.

TBF,

When you have the opportunity I would recommend looking up covenant theology.

If you are interested I can point you in a new direction. I cant make you believe, and I cant change your mind.

However, I can answer questions. I think you know that something is not quite right within the mainstream evangelical church. I think you may gain wisdom and insight by looking into this.

Tell me what you think of the two. Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology.

Cobra, is this in relation to raising the consciouness awareness and I am not speaking of right/wrong or good/bad.

Conscience himself is a judger for right and wrong

RealityCheck
Conscience himself is a judger for right and wrong

Well, I can honestly say that my Conscience does not reside in "judgement" in any case.

I'm not there! Never have been, never will be. My deep rooted spiritual beliefs are of no particuliar organized religion. Don't believe in that either!

Do I believe in something greater? Of course!

Cobra,

I took a look at this and found it very grass roots type theology. I did find it interesting so I thank you for the insight.

It does typify how humanity strives to avoid or circumvent the authority of any overseeing body. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not knocking this specifically, more expressing my cynicism for organized religion in general. It's no different than the world of business, in that it's positioning, for the sake of power.

Well, I can honestly say that my Conscience does not reside in "judgement" in any case.

I'm not there! Never have been, never will be. My deep rooted spiritual beliefs are of no particuliar organized religion. Don't believe in that either!

Do I believe in something greater? Of course!

Oh, yes, he does. For example, when we hurt someone else, we feel sorry, this is consicence's work. remind us that we did something wrong to people. Does he beat us all day long for this mistakes? as long as we don't heartly feel sorry and want to change, the consicience will always remind us. Some people choose to numb their conscience, this is really a bad news. Conscience is our best friend, remind us and keep us on right track. If we ignore or numb our conscience, we become numb to ourselves and others. No wonder so many don't understand others, because they don't understand themselves in the first place.

Conscience send out signals that tell us what we do wrong or right, like a best friend, He doesn't want us to go astray too far. I pray every day that Holy Spirit guide me all things, and rebuke me if I do wrong, because I don't want to do something God doesn't like, the consequences is hard to bear sometimes. If conscience keep silence, and don't pass me his judgement, He really doesn't care about me. This is how I know God loves me. because Holy Spirit tell me truth, is saving. God wants me to be righteous one, don't want me to end up some destruction.

So why conscience tell us right or wrong? Because God is holy, every our sin is a sin agaist God. God love us but HE hates sins

His judgement is more like this:

if you touch fire, you are going to be hurt; if you don't touch the fire, you will be ok. If you dwell on selfish flesh and hurt others, you are going to bear bad consequences. If you obey God, you are going to be ok.

Conscience speaks truth, no matter what you want to hear or not, he speaks, because truth set people free and is saving.

Organized religion is a group of human beings. Human beings are born of sinful nature, are not perfect, very capable make mistakes. When people talk about their belief, they talk about what is in their heart, what they believe, WHO they believe in. If we put our eyes on people, eventually we will get frustrated. So that's why Lord taught us "focus our eyes on him".

If we fully understand human being's sinful nature, it is easy to understand anybody would make mistakes, any group of people would make mistakes. so less resentment towards others. Usually we don't see our own mistakes, but only see others

RealityCheck
Oh, yes, he does. For example, when we hurt someone else, we feel sorry, this is consicence's work. remind us that we did something wrong to people. Does he beat us all day long for this mistakes? as long as we don't heartly feel sorry and want to change, the consicience will always remind us. Some people choose to numb their conscience, this is really a bad news. Conscience is our best friend, remind us and keep us on right track. If we ignore or numb our conscience, we become numb to ourselves and others. No wonder so many don't understand others, because they don't understand themselves in the first place.

Conscience send out signals that tell us what we do wrong or right, like a best friend, He doesn't want us to go astray too far. I pray every day that Holy Spirit guide me all things, and rebuke me if I do wrong, because I don't want to do something God doesn't like, the consequences is hard to bear sometimes. If conscience keep silence, and don't pass me his judgement, He really doesn't care about me. This is how I know God loves me. because Holy Spirit tell me truth, is saving. God wants me to be righteous one, don't want me to end up some destruction.

So why conscience tell us right or wrong? Because God is holy, every our sin is a sin agaist God. God love us but HE hates sins

His judgement is more like this:

if you touch fire, you are going to be hurt; if you don't touch the fire, you will be ok. If you dwell on selfish flesh and hurt others, you are going to bear bad consequences. If you obey God, you are going to be ok.

Conscience speaks truth, no matter what you want to hear or not, he speaks, because truth set people free and is saving.

Organized religion is a group of human beings. Human beings are born of sinful nature, are not perfect, very capable make mistakes. When people talk about their belief, they talk about what is in their heart, what they believe, WHO they believe in. If we put our eyes on people, eventually we will get frustrated. So that's why Lord taught us "focus our eyes on him".

If we fully understand human being's sinful nature, it is easy to understand anybody would make mistakes, any group of people would make mistakes. so less resentment towards others. Usually we don't see our own mistakes, but only see others

LB...

I respect your beliefs as I do many others who choose their faith. Whatever gets people closer to God is always good!

However, my beliefs are not practiced in any specific denomination. I have studied many faiths and religions over the past 20 years. One common denominator is that there is something greater. My travels have taken me to where I am today. I am content with my beliefs and what I "know" is right for me in the realm of consciousness.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi, RC

Sorry I didnt understand what you are intending to ask.

Cobra,

I took a look at this and found it very grass roots type theology. I did find it interesting so I thank you for the insight.

It does typify how humanity strives to avoid or circumvent the authority of any overseeing body. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not knocking this specifically, more expressing my cynicism for organized religion in general. It's no different than the world of business, in that it's positioning, for the sake of power.

Hmmm... I suppose by grass roots you mean simple and easy to grasp? Or perhaps because it is original church doctrine?

The difference between these two in the resulting world view is immense.

RealityCheck
Hi, RC

Sorry I didnt understand what you are intending to ask.

No problem Cobra...

There was mention of dusting of the cobwebs....lol

Over the years of information over load, I too was faced with dusting off cobwebs in the memory department....lol

I actually found what I was looking for in recollection.

Hmmm... I suppose by grass roots you mean simple and easy to grasp? Or perhaps because it is original church doctrine?

The difference between these two in the resulting world view is immense.

Grass roots as in back to basics but not simplistic. I hesitate to use this term but fundamentalism.