Second death

We are not only die one time. After our physical body die, our souls would be judged by God, if our name are not in the book of life, we are going to hell forever, which is second death.

REVELATION

20:11 (*)Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sits on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence and were seen no more.

20:12 (*)And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne. Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living. The dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.

20:13 Then the sea gave up its dead. Death and the world of the dead also gave up the dead they held. And all were judged according to what they had done.

20:14 Then death and the world of the dead were thrown into the lake of fire. (This lake of fire is the second death.)

20:15 Those who did not have their name written in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire.

22:14 (*)Happy are those who wash their robes clean and so have the right to eat the fruit from the tree of life and to go through the gates into the city.

22:15 But outside the city are the perverts and those who practice magic, the immoral and the murderers, those who worship idols and those who are liars both in words and deeds.

22:16 (*)"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to announce these things to you in the churches. I am descended from the family of David; I am the bright morning star."

22:17 (*)The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!" Everyone who hears this must also say, "Come!" Come, whoever is thirsty; accept the water of life as a gift, whoever wants it.

unfortunately, there are a lot of people entrenched in the here & now, and don't consider the possibility of a "bigger picture" (i.e., the afterlife) ... it pains me to think of this, too ...