How do you know your beliefs are right?

VirtualInsanity

Curious as to why some of you think your beliefs are right & others r wrong?

There's so many.

I don't think that anyone's belief system is wrong, but what I don't agree with is someone who is so wraped up in thier belief system that they do not have an ipen mind when it comes to somebody eles beliefs.

some of us are spirtual and some are religious but that is a personal choice.

I guess for me when it becomes fanatical then it starts to bug me

People as a whole tend to believe that the world would be a better place if people were more like themselves. Personally I believe that extreme views towards anything should be avoided, I myself am a firm middle of the roader. I try not to judge others, and I try to offer understanding an compassion regardless of my own personal views.

And still I find myself thinking that the world would be a much better place if everyone thought that way. I'm not saying that to be superior, I'm saying it to be honest. Everyone has their moments of moral superiority... some more than others.

I am interested to see the responses to your question, and hopefully instead of more scripture we can see some true soul searching and maybe even a little common ground.

I don't think that anyone's belief system is wrong, but what I don't agree with is someone who is so wraped up in thier belief system that they do not have an ipen mind when it comes to somebody eles beliefs.

some of us are spirtual and some are religious but that is a personal choice.

I guess for me when it becomes fanatical then it starts to bug me

I really like you, lol...:love:

Trialbyfire

I don't believe morality has anything to do with religion. Also, more importantly, is it right for you instead of blanket right for everyone else.

This is a loaded Question.

Most will rely on whatever culture they were brought up in. Most western Countries have a strong Christian heritage. People may change their domination within the Christian Faith. By in large they will still remain Christians. They may find some doctrine in a sect that rings true for them. Then they will go to the Book of Choice The Bible, Talmud or Quran to justify their belief system.

Others will seek truths outside the official doctrines of Churches, Masque, Temples and Synagogues.

I am very comfortable and confident in my own beliefs. I feel that there are many paths and all lead to the same place.

So there is no absolute right or wrong path per say. Guess you could say i am a Hindubuddistjewishchristianmuslimdruidgnostic. Sure I missed something in there?

There's so many.

The truth is, most of the time, we're making educated guesses. I accept that's true of my own beliefs; the real problem is that not enough people see this one, simple human truth. In fact, I'm wondering why more people don't see it this way -- don't they understand how right I am? I mean, Lord, what's wrong with these simpletons?!?! I think that --

Oh, wait, sorry...

Anyway, yeah, as I was saying, we're making educated guesses. Understand that it's difficult to actually "prove" anything, but the preponderance of evidence will often tell you what is likely true.

Even so, a debate on anything will be colored by many factors, not just data. Take the gun debate for example: I can say that homicide is lower in places that have more stringent and systematic gun control, and I think the evidence pretty much backs me up on that. But for some, they see the argument in an entirely different light altogether -- they might say that as long as a firearm is in the hands of a law-abiding citizen, that law-abiding citizen's "right" to own a firearm is to be unchanged, regardless of what the statistics say, because that is, in their view, a higher ideal. I don't agree with that, but I accept that. A democracy is designed to take the sum of all of these individual perspectives to reach not a consensus, but prevailing view that settles these differences in a peaceful manner.

Relativism is currently in vogue, and it is very out of fashion to say that some beliefs hold more truth than others.

The problem is that if you take relativism to its logical end, it doesn't make much sense to live by it. We choose our beliefs and follow them because we think they are true. If we said it didn't matter, then we could live by one set of beliefs on Monday and change to another on Tuesday.

For example, would any of us want to go back to a slave society? We would all agree that it is wrong. Not just wrong for some cultures, but objectively wrong. If we discovered a planet tomorrow where they kept slaves, we would not want to honor the prime directive. We should tell them it is wrong.

The fact that we don't always agree on what is the truth and that some truths cannot be discerned does not mean objective truth doesn't exist. Some we may not know for sure in this lifetime.

What good would it do to debate things if we were truly relativists? There would be no point, as my belief would be just as good as yours.

Tolerance and respect are much better approaches than relativism, IMO.

But that is just it if there is a lack of tolerance and a lack of respect with people in reguard to others religion and belief system.

Being fillfilled could happen with any belief system, just try not to get to full of your self and still have an open mind.

There's so many.

Virtual Insanity,

First off if the photo in corner is of you… you are a pretty female. Congrats in your blessings.

Secondly: To give too much clout to the mind does then neglect the power of the heart.

The heart is a greater guide than the mind.

However intellectual we are… we may appose that theory.

Yet; it’s still true.

Consider the brightest minded individual in the world can “FALL”

in love for example.

Or into; “HATE”.

The heart is not to be forsaken in your evaluation of how does one choose?

I have said similar words in type before; and I will say again.

The unsaved will not know Jesus as the saved do.

He is the true living God.

I was on the outside looking in with questions and no answers.

But when I became saved, peace moved in and a lion of Holy Spirit as well to tell me HE LIVES…

I can tell you as a Christian in faith… Jesus is real; He does live.

But that’s all I can tell you…

It’s kinda for me to know and you to find out.

It’s that way around the world, for each individual.

And so we hear ... we live and we will all die eventually... and then we will all know for certain what was true and what was not.

What more can be said? In the quest of Christ what more can be said?

This Love Shack... religious forum is a merry go round of the same questions and answers to no where... its non ending...

Its primarily the same people with primarily the same questions ... and it appears to be going no where but in circles.

Flip back through hundreds of posts… its all the same… it never ends.

While you ride this merry go round… enjoy an ice cream cone or popcorn.

When the ride is done…. You in your heart have to choose… and not to is a choice.

I am a Gentile grafted into the Jews… The Jews are my brothers and sisters … imagine that?

Yes I am…. This is my sister in Christ…

One day the Jews will one day recognize Jesus as Messiah.

The Jews are Gods chosen people the saved Gentiles are grafted into the family of Christ.

All the those that worship false gods and all those that claim God is not... are lost for eternity.

Belive it or not... we will not change... its up to you to decide or hate us for what we believe.

God Bless*

Trialbyfire

Love Hurts, did you hear the latest? The RC church has revoked it's stance on unbaptized babies going to limbo. If that's the case, due to original sin, are the millions and millions of babies who've lived in limbo for milleniums now being shuttled to hell?

Love Hurts, did you hear the latest? The RC church has revoked it's stance on unbaptized babies going to limbo. If that's the case, due to original sin, are the millions and millions of babies who've lived in limbo for milleniums now being shuttled to hell?

Jesus did not Baptize in earthly water… my friends.

No… He Baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Know that earthly water Baptism can still render Hell in eternity.

Its only the Baptism of the Holy Spirit; that saves a soul… from eternal damnation.

I am not aware of what you speak of … but lets not get confused on Baptism…

ONLY ONE Baptism COUNTS.

Jesus Baptized not… not of earthy water… no…

Not.

What did Jesus do?

John 4:2

Jesus himself baptized not;

If earthly water saved.......Jesus wasted His time... wasted His breath... wasted His blood, wasted His suffering and death..

If earthly water saved.....Jesus was a waste of time. A waste period.

You see? You see the pollution of earthly water vs.the blood of Christ?

This thread is just not about Christianity so let's not make it about that.

And yes OP is beautifull how is that even relevent(no disrespect to you VI)

Earthly water does not save.

After Salvation if one desires to be Baptized to show the new man inside… in Christ… yes do it…

But if one is not saved… Do you imagine bathing in polluted earthly water will save you from hell?

You could get malaria from earthly water my friend.

Thats about it.

See sin comes with a high cost… the payment is blood.

Not earthly water.

If water is all it took… then Our Jesus was a suicidal lunatic and wasted His time.

Do you see? "Blood paid" the cost and only through the blood are we redeemed.

Blood not water... Salvation not mans delight.

There's so many.

getting back on track... Jacks

Great Gazoo

No the decision means the exact opposite.

Great Gazoo

There's so many.

To me my beliefs are only mine, not right or wrong. I think it pays to have a open mind.

This thread is just not about Christianity so let's not make it about that.

Aww Pricillia, don't tell me you didn't see it coming a mile away. Not only could we predict the direction, I think we all had a pretty good idea of who would be steering it that way. :D

Virtual Insanity,

First off if the photo in corner is of you… you are a pretty female. Congrats in your blessings.

Secondly: To give too much clout to the mind does then neglect the power of the heart.

The heart is a greater guide than the mind.

However intellectual we are… we may appose that theory.

Yet; it’s still true.

Consider the brightest minded individual in the world can “FALL”

in love for example.

Or into; “HATE”.

The heart is not to be forsaken in your evaluation of how does one choose?

this seems very star wars like to me..Yoda is that you?

Trialbyfire
No the decision means the exact opposite.

Is there no original sin then? Or does this mean that baptism is meaningless? Could religious theologians have been so wrong for centuries upon centuries?