Sufferings is result of our sins?

The main reason we suffer is that we sinned against God's will. Some aren't, like Job. God wrote a living law in our heart, we chose to ignore, we bear consequences. Repent, you will get saved.

Matthew 3:7 (*)When John saw many Pharisees and Sadducees coming to him to be baptized, he said to them, "You snakes-who told you that you could escape from the punishment God is about to send?

3:8 Do those things that will show that you have turned from your sins.

3:9 (*)And don't think you can escape punishment by saying that Abraham is your ancestor. I tell you that God can take these rocks and make descendants for Abraham!

3:10 (*)The ax is ready to cut down the trees at the roots; every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire.

3:11 I baptize you with water to show that you have repented, but the one who will come after me will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. He is much greater than I am; and I am not good enough even to carry his sandals.

3:12 (*)He has his winnowing shovel with him to thresh out all the grain. He will gather his wheat into his barn, but he will burn the chaff in a fire that never goes out."

Matthew 4:17 (*)From that time Jesus began to preach his message: "Turn away from your sins, because the Kingdom of heaven is near!"

Matthew 5:3 "Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor; the Kingdom of heaven belongs to them!

5:4 (*)"Happy are those who mourn; God will comfort them!

5:5 (*)"Happy are those who are humble; they will receive what God has promised!

5:6 (*)"Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires; God will satisfy them fully!

5:7 "Happy are those who are merciful to others; God will be merciful to them!

5:8 (*)"Happy are the pure in heart; they will see God!

5:9 "Happy are those who work for peace; God will call them his children!

5:10 (*)"Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires; the Kingdom of heaven belongs to them!

5:11 (*)"Happy are you when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil lies against you because you are my followers.

5:21 (*)"You have heard that people were told in the past, 'Do not commit murder; anyone who does will be brought to trial.'

5:22 But now I tell you: if you are angry(b) with your brother you will be brought to trial, if you call your brother 'You good-for-nothing!' you will be brought before the Council, and if you call your brother a worthless fool you will be in danger of going to the fire of hell.

5:23 So if you are about to offer your gift to God at the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you,

5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar, go at once and make peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift to God.

5:25 "If someone brings a lawsuit against you and takes you to court, settle the dispute while there is time, before you get to court. Once you are there, you will be turned over to the judge, who will hand you over to the police, and you will be put in jail.

5:26 There you will stay, I tell you, until you pay the last penny of your fine.

I think you over did it here... Too much information

I just think that the thing is you should learn from your mistakes.

We are human and God knows we are going to sin. It is why Jesus was sent so we could have an avenue back to God rather than follow the Jewish law. He wants us to do his will out of love for him not because we fear punishment because of our sins.

God helps those that help themselves. Repenting alone isn't the ticket.

What will you say, when our Maker asks you,

'what have you done with your life'?

'I've repented'

repented what

my sins

You've been too busy repenting to have had any sins.

Make something of your life, do something worthwhile, do good to others and yourself (get out of the church pew and start living!).

Hi Lonelybird,

I agree, Repent and strive to be Holy as God is Holy.

:love:

not everyone can be like god...

not everyone can be holy

everybody sins one way or another, you can repent and decide to improve your life for the better, but is does not have to be in the name of god.

I think that you need to be true to yourself as well, lets not over do it

Sincerity would suffice here

not everyone can be like god...

not everyone can be holy

everybody sins one way or another, you can repent and decide to improve your life for the better, but is does not have to be in the name of god.

I think that you need to be true to yourself as well, lets not over do it

Sincerity would suffice here

If not in the name of God then who then do we repent to or who do we strive to be Holy for?

As for strive to be true to myself. If I left myself to myself; my flesh would surely out rule my spirituality. I would then appease myself and forsake any stop signs God has set for believers.

LaughMachine
The main reason we suffer is that we sinned against God's will. Some aren't, like Job. God wrote a living law in our heart, we chose to ignore, we bear consequences. Repent, you will get saved.

I've seen to many posts of yours, where god is always your chose of answer. Not saying I don't believe in god my self. But you choose the book instead of thinking freely and logically....about things.

I've seen people get saved and have a bliss moment in their lives. Then reality sets in that this is life. This isn't the spirtiual realm. Things happen to EVERYONE regardless of your beliefs...

If not in the name of God then who then do we repent to or who do we strive to be Holy for?

As for strive to be true to myself. If I left myself to myself; my flesh would surely out rule my spirituality. I would then appease myself and forsake any stop signs God has set for believers.

I understand what you are saying, and although I think most everyone has a spritual side. We could repent in the name of god, but I am talking reality here and I think that in your case "in the name of god" means drama and puts you on a pedistal.

I am just asking for some sincerity in this picture. As I said not everyone can be holy, but for those that are then more power to them however there comes to be a self centured aspect to the whole holy thing. Why not just be a good person and be yourself.

We can repent in the name of GOOD, and strive to be holy for those we love and those who love and rely upon us.

Hi Lonelybird,

I agree, Repent and strive to be Holy as God is Holy.

What am I missing? It's blaphemous to be a God. :confused:

Even Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to have fun, as long as it is not in violation with laws in the bible. :o

Somebody needs to get a life. ;)

I understand what you are saying, and although I think most everyone has a spritual side. We could repent in the name of god, but I am talking reality here and I think that in your case "in the name of god" means drama and puts you on a pedistal.

I am just asking for some sincerity in this picture. As I said not everyone can be holy, but for those that are then more power to them however there comes to be a self centured aspect to the whole holy thing. Why not just be a good person and be yourself.

My reality is life. My reality is my life in Christ. I can't be who I was before I was saved. I have something inside that is eternal just as my soul is eternal. It’s the Holy Spirit. It never quits. Its there to stay.. Praise Jesus.

So who I am, is no longer who I was or no longer just me or just my thoughts, I consider God in all things.

My thoughts roll around His word daily… Its reality.

Its life. I feel perfectly connected with reality. My reality is broader than it once was.

One thing I also hear a good deal is that the saved think they are better than others…

Listen … I was unsaved, now I’m saved. Its free for the asking for any of us.

If you want it. Get it.

I’m not telling anyone I am better than.

I am a sinner saved by grace.

That’s the diff.

The unsaved will never ever understand the saved. Its impossibility resides souly in the Holy Spirit and that comes from God, its part of God.

We can repent in the name of GOOD, and strive to be holy for those we love and those who love and rely upon us.

Repent in the name of good. You might as well hug a tree.

Trees are good.

Repent in the name of good. You might as well hug a tree.

Trees are good.

My, my, how quickly your holy spirit devolves to condescension.

I was locked together with a Jehovah's Witness for six hours once. I learned an important lesson; ignore them, or they will drive you crazy. :sick:

What am I missing? It's blaphemous to be a God. :confused:

Even Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to have fun, as long as it is not in violation with laws in the bible. :o

Somebody needs to get a life. ;)

Your just talkin to hear yourself talk… as this response has nothing to do with my statement. It appears you like a little heat. If its not available you ...create.

My, my, how quickly your holy spirit devolves to condescension.

Really is that so? Did I condensate or is it really that you expect me to compromise?

My reality is life. My reality is my life in Christ. I can't be who I was before I was saved. I have something inside that is eternal just as my soul is eternal. It’s the Holy Spirit. It never quits. Its there to stay.. Praise Jesus.

So who I am, is no longer who I was or no longer just me or just my thoughts, I consider God in all things.

My thoughts roll around His word daily… Its reality.

Its life. I feel perfectly connected with reality. My reality is broader than it once was.

One thing I also hear a good deal is that the saved think they are better than others…

Listen … I was unsaved, now I’m saved. Its free for the asking for any of us.

If you want it. Get it.

I’m not telling anyone I am better than.

I am a sinner saved by grace.

That’s the diff.

The unsaved will never ever understand the saved. Its impossibility resides souly in the Holy Spirit and that comes from God, its part of God.

The unsaved will never understand the saved... or is it the other way around?

The sain will never understand the unsain

The good will never understand the bad

White will never understand black

Rebublicans will never understand Deomocrats

Cats will never understand dogs

The Yankees will never understand the Redsox

Simon will never understand Paula

None of us will ever understand Britney Spears....

I was locked together with a Jehovah's Witness for six hours once. I learned an important lesson; ignore them, or they will drive you crazy. :sick:

So your pleasure is to mingle Christians with the cult …that’s your folly.

Does it make you feel good to misconstrue or to justify what you do not understand?

So your pleasure is to mingle Christians with the cult …that’s your folly.

Does it make you feel good to misconstrue or to justify what you do not understand?

I don't think that is what she was saying at all. and also have a little bit of a sense of humor.

Just because you have been saved does not mean that you can't laugh once in a while.

Plus sometimes one should use thier own advice

I don't think that is what she was saying at all. and also have a little bit of a sense of humor.

Just because you have been saved does not mean that you can't laugh once in a while.

Plus sometimes one should use thier own advice

Oh I laugh all the time … I’m laughing now.

Blessed to be raised by a God fearing comedian; I've been laughing for years. Its part of me.

The unsaved will never understand the saved... or is it the other way around?

The sain will never understand the unsain

The good will never understand the bad

White will never understand black

Rebublicans will never understand Deomocrats

Cats will never understand dogs

The Yankees will never understand the Redsox

Simon will never understand Paula

None of us will ever understand Britney Spears....

Life … its like the tower of Babble.

We have to find our way through the maze.

Life … its like the tower of Babble.

We have to find our way through the maze.

No Life is like a box of chocolates... You never know what your gonna get...

Really is that so? Did I condensate or is it really that you expect me to compromise?

I neither asked nor expected you to compromise your beliefs. Nor did I make fun of your beliefs. I merely offered you a view into my own spirituality.

I have a hard time valuing your Holy Spirit when it allows you to condescend (not condensate, which has to do with water vapor turning to liquid) and make fun of my spirituality by comparing it to tree hugging.

I doubt that your God would find your attitude appropriate or in His Spirit. You use your Holy Spirit to try to beat others down who do not believe your way.

But wait LH why can't one compromise is there any thing wrong with that?

No one is asking you to change your beliefs, so why does one have to change what they believe.

Again you say that the unsaved do not understand the saved, that is such a broad general statement that it has little value.

But I must say it is nice to see you speaking from your mind and your heart instead of quoting scriptures from the bible.

It brings you down to earth a little bit and people may relate to it much better then the other.