What are you giving up? Think you could give up LS?

And did you know that it's actually 46 days long and not 40? Apparently Ash Wednesday (today) is actually 46 days before Easter, but Lent is nevertheless considered to be 40 days long, due to the fact that Sundays in this season are not counted among the days of Lent.

A group of girlfriends (mostly Jewish!?) are giving stuff up for lent. They are giving up chocolate, diet coke, juice, and sweets.

I wanted to give up being late, but my friend, who knows me pretty well, looked dubious and said I shouldn't bite off more than I can chew! :p

It isn't realistic to give up LS either, but I have decided I will give up staying up till all hours of the night (on LS) which causes me to be tired and draggy in the mornings, which contributes to lateness.

So, for lent I have promised myself to be in bed by 11:00 on week nights.

I'm going to try to give up tanbark. I don't hold out much hope that I will last the full forty days.

I'm going to try to give up tanbark. I don't hold out much hope that I will last the full forty days.

He is addictive. Like chocolate. And looking so chocolatey doesn't help.

He is addictive. Like chocolate. And looking so chocolatey doesn't help.

If you think that looks chocolatey you should see my poop.

If you think that looks chocolatey you should see my poop.

I wonder how many posts are required before a thread devolves into a discussion about poop around here lately?

If it starts from a lofty topic, like lent, it should be worth more points, the fewer posts it takes.

If you can logically segue from a thread about God to a thread about poop in two posts, you win.

If you can logically segue from a thread about God to a thread about poop in two posts, you win.

I can do it in one post:

If God created man in His image, then it should follow that God has a butthole. Since God has a butthole, does that mean He poops? And if so, what does He poop if He never has to eat? Maybe He poops joy.

I can do it in one post:

If God created man in His image, then it should follow that God has a butthole. Since God has a butthole, does that mean He poops? And if so, what does He poop if He never has to eat? Maybe He poops joy.

Or if we take a more Buddhist approach, maybe God's is the butthole that never poops. Like one hand clapping?

A new mantra.

Either way, I guess you win.

God pooping Joy... I believe that you need to start your own religion, tan, and I'd be a disciple.:bunny:

As for what I have given up, it is my newly acquired TurdTwister. I haven't even had the blessing of trying out all the templates yet. I thought I'd give up posting on all the poop threads, but as it such a helpful topic for LSers I'd be remiss in my duties to the common good during this most sacred of seasons.

God pooping Joy... I believe that you need to start your own religion, tan, and I'd be a disciple.:bunny:

I think that's a splendid idea. Mass will be held in a karaoke bar.

I think that's a splendid idea. Mass will be held in a karaoke bar.

What would we use for a communion wafer?

Anyhow, "pooping joy" or "God pooping joy" would be a great name for a band, and I would request one of their songs at the bar...:D

A group of girlfriends (mostly Jewish!?) are giving stuff up for lent. They are giving up chocolate, diet coke, juice, and sweets.

yea im giving up chocolate

Lent Is a waste of time. Self-denial of anything for the honor of God…. Is a waste of time. It doesn’t save anybody.

It amounts to... good works; “IF” good works, good people, good hearts;

is all it takes to be saved…. Then Jesus wasted His time on the Cross.

However for the "Saved" our good works and self denial

to Honor Our Precious Lord and Savior do indeed count to the Lord.

God Bless*

Lent Is a waste of time. Self-denial of anything for the honor of God…. Is a waste of time. It doesn’t save anybody.

It amounts to... good works; “IF” good works, good people, good hearts;

is all it takes to be saved…. Then Jesus wasted His time on the Cross.

However for the "Saved" our good works and self denial

to Honor Our Precious Lord and Savior do indeed count to the Lord.

God Bless*

If you're a true believer, the Holy Spirit constantly works from within to enable you to, "give up", that which is unholy.

So I can see where you're coming from in a sense.....

However for the "Saved" our good works and self denial to Honor Our Precious Lord and Savior do indeed count to the Lord.

love hurts, i have a question for you.

i love god with all my heart and with all my mind and with all my strength. every day i try to find out what the will of god is for my life, and to do it wholeheartedly. consequently i have tried very hard for years to listen to god with an open heart, to find out what i can do for him, how to honour him, how to be 'right' with him and i have systematically purified my life to the point where i believe i can recognise god's voice and can feel the presence of angels and of jesus. this is now a daily occurrence for me and it's beyond anything i can describe. every day the most important thing i do is spend time talking and listening to god and as a result i am filled with joy and with love for him and my fellow man. i see god in everyone and i love them for it. as much as i can be, i am focused solely on living as a spiritual being and on bringing the kingdom of god to earth.

yet, while i honour and love jesus as a spiritual teacher, i don't believe he was the only son of god. i believe he was an example for humankind of how we must live in order to ascend to heaven. so in your eyes i am not 'saved'.

my question is, do you think i'm going to burn forever in hell for the way i'm living my life?

i don't want the bible's answer, i know it. do YOU think i'm going to spend eternity without the god i have devoted my entire life to finding and serving?

yet, while i honour and love jesus as a spiritual teacher, i don't believe he was the only son of god. i believe he was an example for humankind of how we must live in order to ascend to heaven. so in your eyes i am not 'saved'.
Jesus told us that the ONLY way to heaven is through Him. (Jesus)

And I guess you talked to jesus over coffee and he told you that. Or you blindly believe a book written thousands of years ago by people that fought amongst themselves what to put in it.

And I guess you talked to jesus over coffee and he told you that. Or you blindly believe a book written thousands of years ago by people that fought amongst themselves what to put in it.
Say what you want CardPlay3r.....every knee will bow down before Him, and you're going to look awfully funny once you find out how niave you are/were to believe your statement above.....

OH, and BTW, yes, I do converse with Christ over coffee......

no, the bible told us this, not jesus. and even the statement you quoted is open to interpretation.

perhaps jesus said (before translation) 'no one gets to the father except through christ (or the son)'.

and perhaps this meant, no one who hasn't put on the mind of christ, or the office of christ, no one who isn't the embodiment of christ, gets to heaven.

so the statement could be technically correct that no one gets to heaven but through the son, only not in the way you mean it.

and remember jesus also said those that believe him can walk on water and raise the dead. perhaps heaven will be reserved for those miracle workers that by the bible's account, make up the TRUE believers.

EDIT: but you think i'm going to hell then. that's what i thought.

and remember jesus also said those that believe him can walk on water and raise the dead. perhaps heaven will be reserved for those miracle workers that by the bible's account, make up the TRUE believers

Hah that is funny, didn't know that bit. So, can you walk on water and raise the dead Moose? Or do you only interpret parts of the bible literally :lmao::lmao: