Can you be unbaptized?

No. It's like asking if you can be unborn or undeflowered.

Why? Seems utterly pointless an exercise to me.

If you're up for ticking God off, I suppose you could become a Satan-worshipper.

to my knowlege, no. But you can seriously backslide by not living up to your baptismal promises.

once dunked, always dunked.

• Author
to my knowlege, no. But you can seriously backslide by not living up to your baptismal promises.

once dunked, always dunked.

LMAO! dunked

So running around a tree three times and declaring god or whoever is not real does not undo it? :lmao:

This was our dinner conversation last night. H is a recovering catholic and I don't know how it came up but he said he would be unbaptised if it were possible but then again it really does not matter because he doesn't believe in it anyway...... but dag I kinda feel bad for him. :o

ThumbingMyWay
no a4a, can't be done. Why do you ask though?

cause she is hunting for moose :lmao: :lmao:

"if you'd give a specific donation to Madalyn Murray O'Hair of American Atheists her organization will send a letter to the pastor that baptised you along with a "debaptism" certificate. The logic is that since baptism is a bunch of religious hocus-pocus, she could simply say that someone was "debaptized" and it would be so! In other words, her frivolous practical joke known as the "debaptism" was every bit as legitimate as their serious ritual wherein The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is said to literally enter your body and become one with you."

so there ya go....and poof your unbaptized...

my gosh, this place is a magnet for those who have personal ties to Catholicism!

baptism sticks regardless of what church did it. At least this is the Catholic take on things – some Protestant religions (like Baptists) don't acknowledge baptisms that take place outside their realm. Maybe he can visit a Baptist church and feign interest and be told his baptism really doesn't count since he most likely was baptized as an infant and therefore wasn't consciously choosing it?

If you'd give a specific donation to Madalyn Murray O'Hair of American Atheists

old Madalyn is dead. Done several years ago, barrelled up with her son and granddaughter who helped run the atheist outfit, and buried on a ranch somewhere in south Texas by one of her subordinates. Not sure if her outfit is still offering "unbaptisms" ...

• Author
my gosh, this place is a magnet for those who have personal ties to Catholicism!

baptism sticks regardless of what church did it. At least this is the Catholic take on things – some Protestant religions (like Baptists) don't acknowledge baptisms that take place outside their realm. Maybe he can visit a Baptist church and feign interest and be told his baptism really doesn't count since he most likely was baptized as an infant and therefore wasn't consciously choosing it?

Well he says it doesn't count either but would have wanted a choice to choose his own religion.

Interestingly enough we had 200 volunteers here from the Mennonites that are anabapists which seems to me and the H that it is a much more thoughtful way of baptism and induction into a religion. I was so impressed by those folks...... so impressed. Anywho..........

I would imagine that there is some way to get rid of a baptism...... devil worship, renouncement, or other ritual ? Not that he would bother to do it but the concept is interesting to both of us. Afterall if you are baptised in the name of something you do not believe well it does not really count.

Kinda like saying we are one of Santas helpers.... :lmao: It just aint real but the unwanted label sticks to you.

• Author
cause she is hunting for moose :lmao: :lmao:

"if you'd give a specific donation to Madalyn Murray O'Hair of American Atheists her organization will send a letter to the pastor that baptised you along with a "debaptism" certificate. The logic is that since baptism is a bunch of religious hocus-pocus, she could simply say that someone was "debaptized" and it would be so! In other words, her frivolous practical joke known as the "debaptism" was every bit as legitimate as their serious ritual wherein The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is said to literally enter your body and become one with you."

so there ya go....and poof your unbaptized...

Thank you for the wonderful Christmas gift idea to give the H :D :D

he would probably love it and perhaps frame it too....... :lmao: :lmao:

I will seriously consider this as a fun gift if I can find a way to pull it off.

okay, dumb question time here, but if he's wanting so badly to be unbaptized, and he's not a believer, why bother celebrating Christmas, that traditional nod to Christ's presence here on earth?

• Author
okay, dumb question time here, but if he's wanting so badly to be unbaptized, and he's not a believer, why bother celebrating Christmas, that traditional nod to Christ's presence here on earth?

He does not care about being unbaptised so much it is the concept of religion being forced on him as a child and now labeled with something he does not believe in at all. Being unbaptised would be a symbolic gesture without a reason.... like I said like sending a letter to Santa to quit being his helper, or telling Satan we don't feel like being his minions any longer.

Actually though he may like his name removed from church records, he is not a believer and should not be counted as one........or however that works.

As for christmas...... it is not about christ to us at all but a great day wrapped up in giving and tradition like Santa Claus and so forth. A mix of ancient and pagan tradition. No religion involved. Lots of fun tho :) Cookies and tasty alcoholic beverages, fun with friends.

We also celebrate Halloween but we don't believe in the devil or hell.

Is there somewhere I can vote for the most stupid f*cking question on LoveShack? With all due respect to the OPs, of course.

• Author
Is there somewhere I can vote for the most stupid f*cking question on LoveShack? With all due respect to the OPs, of course.

Actually it is quite a legit question and one that not even religious gurus can seem to answer.... I mean you would think that they would have some sort of "out clause" for any religion.

Muslim women can no emancipate themselve from there religious must dos.... so why not just be able to be unbaptised. Hell the church could probably make good money from this. :lmao:

Also consider those who are condemned by some/the church.... gays for example that wish to no longer be counted as part of the roster of members or labelled as such.

There are many reasons one may want their name and identity removed from the records of a church or not to be counted as a member or believer.

Actually it is quite a legit question and one that not even religious gurus can seem to answer

Wow. Religious gurus are so smart, that shocks me.

Well, consider this. I want to abolish divorce. That's right, when you promise to love and honour someone for the term of your natural life, then you're f*cking stuck with them.

But, of course you're not. Just legally. So you can't have this f*cking farce of a "re"-marriage.

Haha. "But people change. Or they just grow apart." What utter bull****.

Some decisions should actually have consequences.

• Author

Some decisions should actually have consequences.

How does a infant make a decision to be baptised? :lmao:

How does a infant make a decision to be baptised? :lmao:

Did he have any teeth?

Anyway, his mother decided to bring him into this world, and so she owns his arse. He has no say in the matter. Even bringing up such a question is a clear slight on his mother's integrity. And he should be re-dunked in holy water as soon as practicable.

I dont believe that once saved always saved...The bible uses the term in many subjects as backsliden..Now if this person or whoever has been babtised has stated that he belives that Jesus was the son of God and that he died on the cross for our sins now if he done that whole heartedly then there is no going back. All babtisim is, is a washing away of the old and bringing in the new...saying that you have lived your past life as a sinner and now u will try your best at doing what God has asked and commaned us to do..If that person in question done it because he was forced to do it or they where just joining in the crowd well he was a hypocrit and well it really wasnt anything to begin with.

God wants u s to believe in him and put or faith in him but that is our choice. If we have been saved we will have to answer to him. It states in the bible "believe in the Lord Jesus christ and thy shall be saved" it donesnt say get babtised for the Lord Jesus Christ...So in saying that most babsisims is a commintment to you and a promise to him. People can live threre whole life and not get babtised and I think they will go to heaven if they are saved.Now if they are not saved I think that they will not go. but in the all will believe the bible states"Every tounge shall confess" In saying that I hope that I helped you with your question

• Author
Did he have any teeth?

Anyway, his mother decided to bring him into this world, and so she owns his arse. He has no say in the matter. Even bringing up such a question is a clear slight on his mother's integrity. And he should be re-dunked in holy water as soon as practicable.

If he mother worshipped a barbie doll or the great snake god I am sure you would not say the same.

You can certainly still respect and honor a parent but not believe the same things that they do.

Would it not be better to be an anabaptist and allow people the choice to be baptised as an adult?

You can certainly still respect and honor a parent but not believe the same things that they do.

Fair point. And thank God that the opposite is true, too.

Would it not be better to be an anabaptist and allow people the choice to be baptised as an adult?

I like that idea. Making decisions like that for kids sucks. It's bad enough that they're made to eat broccoli.

• Author
Fair point. And thank God that the opposite is true, too.

I like that idea. Making decisions like that for kids sucks. It's bad enough that they're made to eat broccoli.

or force feed them tainted spinach....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

or force feed them tainted spinach....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Personally , I think its important to force feed children tainted spinach every now and then . Builds the immune system not to mention charecter.

If nothing else , your H baptism as a child got him into the habit of bathing , and can you really complain about that? I don't know if there is a way to unbaptize him , perhaps if the walks backwards around a tree three times and says .I am unbaptized ....I am unbaptized... I am unbaptized ....... It will work . But be sure to carefully watch for falling tree limbs.;)

• Author
Personally , I think its important to force feed children tainted spinach every now and then . Builds the immune system not to mention charecter.

If nothing else , your H baptism as a child got him into the habit of bathing , and can you really complain about that? I don't know if there is a way to unbaptize him , perhaps if the walks backwards around a tree three times and says .I am unbaptized ....I am unbaptized... I am unbaptized ....... It will work . But be sure to carefully watch for falling tree limbs.;)

Well I am more inclined to inform him that I have found evidence that a good thrashing will knock the baptism outta him..... or perhaps I need to do the ritual of the fork..... let the baptism out of him via the tines.

:D

I believe force feeding kids Kibble N' Bits teaching them to appreciate good cooking skills.

Well I am more inclined to inform him that I have found evidence that a good thrashing will knock the baptism outta him..... or perhaps I need to do the ritual of the fork..... let the baptism out of him via the tines.

:D

I believe force feeding kids Kibble N' Bits teaching them to appreciate good cooking skills.

I don't know the fork ritual does not seem organized enough to work .Think about the tree .

Kids and Kibble , that is an idea , as my boys move towards the teenage years it will become very expensive to feed them thus your idea may well be a good one , now for the question of the moment. Would teenage boys even notice that they were eating kibble ? Or tainted spinach for that matter ?