Guys who have big noses - are they are a turn off?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I would really appreciate people's thoughts on this question.

I am really self conscious about my nose, as a teenager I suffered a lot of name calling, ridicule, put downs about my nose, etc. Now in my mid 20s I still get some ridicule, the butt of jokes because of my nose, I am so insecure about it.. I have never had much confidence in my appearance because of my nose. I have had people call me ugly because of my nose is big - but those who said that were really mean people. I also overheard someone say that I would be ok if I didn't have a big nose - which means I am not ok because of my nose. I just feel so self conscious of my nose and that when girls see me they automatically see I have a flaw in my appearance and could never look at me in terms of being interested in me.

People have said I look like Sean Penn. I don't hate my nose, for sure I don't like it, but I could be happy with it if I could believe people don't instantly think negatives of me just because of my nose.

Please can you give me an honest opinion - do you see guys who have a big nose as being ugly and inferior and could you ever fancy a guy who has a big nose?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I would really appreciate people's thoughts on this question.

I am really self conscious about my nose, as a teenager I suffered a lot of name calling, ridicule, put downs about my nose, etc. Now in my mid 20s I still get some ridicule, the butt of jokes because of my nose, I am so insecure about it.. I have never had much confidence in my appearance because of my nose. I have had people call me ugly because of my nose is big - but those who said that were really mean people. I also overheard someone say that I would be ok if I didn't have a big nose - which means I am not ok because of my nose. I just feel so self conscious of my nose and that when girls see me they automatically see I have a flaw in my appearance and could never look at me in terms of being interested in me.

People have said I look like Sean Penn. I don't hate my nose, for sure I don't like it, but I could be happy with it if I could believe people don't instantly think negatives of me just because of my nose.

Please can you give me an honest opinion - do you see guys who have a big nose as being ugly and inferior and could you ever fancy a guy who has a big nose?

Truthfully, I think YOU have a problem with your nose, and that's why you're insecure. Additionally, you AGREED with those who ridiculed you.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with someone with a big nose.

But ultimately, because this is YOUR nose, YOUR opinion counts the most.

If for some reason, you cannot be happy with your nose, you can consider plastic surgery. Cosmetic nose surgery is fairly common.

Good luck.

You know what they say:

Big hands = big feet

Big nose = big d*ck

:lmao:

That may or may not be true, but it's what they say...use it to your advantage and walk around like you have a big...nose.;)

Seriously, confidence is the most attractive thing about a man. If you feel good about yourself, that will show through and no one will be a bit concerned about the size of your nose. You've been around a lot immature teenagers. Adult women and men don't see things the same way that teens do.

So focus on what you like about yourself, and feel confident that you are intelligent, thoughtful, a great soccer player, a terrific writer, a kind son/brother/friend, have a successful career...whatever you think is important as a human being and as a man.

And I say this as a woman with an SO who has a bigger...nose.;) He's incredibly handsome and sexy to me (and probably to all those other women he's had absolutely NO problem attracting his whole life).

A guy with a big nose is an added bonus when it comes to them giving you oral sex........

A guy with a big nose is an added bonus when it comes to them giving you oral sex........

Indeed!!

:love:

I dont' know....Ringo Starr has a huge nose and he did OK with the ladies. I think he was even married to Barbara Bach at one point. :)

blind_otter

No. But if he was really self conscious about how he looked and felt like he looked inferior it would reflect in how he holds himself. The thing is that there are so many different KINDS of faces. When you look at enough of them. And of all the many faces I have looked at, I think those who were really not happy with themselves probably stand out as the kind of people that appear unattractive.

As long as you keep thinking about the negatives, and continue disliking your nose, the worse you will feel about yourself and how people perceive you.

It comes down to how you carry yourself. As soon as you change your way of thinking, your attitude, and perception - you'll see the difference. Begin to project confidence. Think of it as, "I dont' give a care in the world about my nose, and how people see it. I have other characteristics that shine through." Once you do that, it will wash away. Others will see you as a fun vibrant guy; not your insecurity regarding your nose.

It comes down to how you carry yourself.

In some cases this will NOT be true S&W....for example, a very attractive man who carries himself badly will always beat out a very ugly man who carries himself well.

Do you see what I mean?

If the very good looking man is a complete jerk and the less-than beautiful one is a prince, the latter one will indeed 'win'.

If the very good looking man is a complete jerk and the less-than beautiful one is a prince, the latter one will indeed 'win'.

Nicely put! Especially as you get a bit older. Girls may be attracted to beauty in their youth, but as you reach your mid to late 20's you think more along the lines of a future with someone you are compatable with, someone with similar values and who treats you well.

Beauty is simply a bonus.

Also, there's a huge difference between beautiful/handsome and sexy. What is beautiful isn't necessarily sexy, and vice versa.

It comes down to how you carry yourself.

If he (the OP) tries to put some effort into carrying himself well, at least it's better than having to be stuck in a dungeon. He may not be as good as many other attractive men (for sure), however a little improvement is good for the ego (just saying). Give the guy a break!

...a very attractive man who carries himself badly will always beat out a very ugly man who carries himself well.

Damn. :(

RecordProducer
when girls see me they automatically see I have a flaw in my appearance
They can see your insecurity about your looks and that's the only turn-off actually. I always smell a guy who is insecure and I don't like it.

Either have a plastic surgery or wear it with pride!

I actually think that big noses are sexy and masculine. I hate guys with perfect noses. I'd pick a big, bended nose over a small one at any time. But I couldn't care less..

My favorite actor is Eric Roberts and he has a boxer's nose. I would like him less if he had a straight one. :)

Thank you for all your brilliant replies, I am so grateful for all that you have said. I will print that off and read and think about a lot! The reason I asked is because I am desperately wanting to overcome the problem I have and I realise my beliefs are so incredibly negative and exaggerated that I really have lost the plot of how important it really is. For instance I was in a cafe window last week watching people go by. I have always felt I am not good enough looking because of my nose - but when I watched people I realised that the average person is just average looking. I see people who are overweight, people who are bald, people who are scruffy, people with different sorts of noses, chins, ears, mouths, people who were just plain, etc, etc. And of course there is nothing wrong with any of them - they are just human, I don't judge them badly, I just realised that I am so hard on myself for one perceived flaw, when infact if someone was people watching me I would be just another face in the crowd. What I also realise is that being insecure about any part of one's body, in my case my nose, serves no purpose. Because anyone who thinks I am ugly and horrible because of my nose are clearly not interested in me, and at the same time I know I wouldn't like them either if they are so shallow to judge me instantly as ugly when they don't consider some of my nice characteristics, including my personality - therefore there is no point worrying what those who are critical of me think. And also those who don't judge me badly because of my nose - what is the point worrying there? They don't judge me badly, therefore there is no need to worry. I should be confident and let my personality and good qualities shine through.

Thanks again for your time in replying to me, you probably don't realise how much you have helped me! I feel so much more positive already!

ConfusedGal

Hi,

Everyone's features are so different and it completely depends on what WORKS for your face... I am a female and when I was in high school, I was teased for having a bigger nose and very large eyes. I was also one of the very few people in my high school who was Indian so they weren't "used to" INdian faces anyways. Really messed up my confidence at that time.

Anyways, when to college, I straightened my hair etc, and also kind of "grew into" my nose and it all started working well together. Now I am always seen as a very attractive gal and am always complimented on my big eyes, and have never gotten a bad comment on my nose. Anyways, point being, I dont have a perfect face, but it all works well together for my individual face. It's a combination of a personality, how you carry yourself and how confident you are. Add in a good dress sense, good hair, and intelligence are you are all set! :-)

That being said, if you really ARE very uncomfortable with your appearance, there is nothing wrong with considering plastic surgery. People do it all the time.

an ugly man who is wealthy will often beat out an attractive man who is poor

it depends....the ugly rich man will marry the female but she will fool around with the attractive poor dude.

basscatcher

most of the men I've dated have had big noses.. some really long, some fat and stubby looking, some just big, others have been twisted (broken) and a couple were flat nosed..

If a female/man is going to like you they will..

I think I have a big nose. It doesn't stop me from getting dates..

I've even had dates tease me about my nose. I just punch em' in the arm and they cuddle up to me.

Your being overly insecure about your nose.. Not many people have natural noses that look proportioned to their faces anyway..

If you are confident in yourself that will shine though any flaw you have.. You really need to get over and push it out of your mind because your insecurity will show through any front you put on.. Women have radars for insecurity whether they know it or not..

I have been attracted to really homely men just because of the confidence they exuberant and how they took care of themselves...

Since I was a teenager, I always had some kind of pimple, a blackhead on my face, cheecks and forehead that left marks. I will never forget that this was one of the reasons why my ex-boyfrend of three years left me. He said my face was all....you know, like that. I moved on, it was hard but I met someone who kissed every inch of my face and made me feel beautiful. My point is that, your nose is fine its your attitude and what you think of it yoursef. Deep down everyone likes to stand out of the crowd in any possible way, people go out of their way, do nose jobs that make 'em look even worse but subconsiously thinking it did good. No one is honest these days, people afraid of it, lock themselves up. On your place, I would not surround myself with the people who are so uptight within themselves and just be who you are. What really counts is who you are inside and you are beautiful.

They can see your insecurity about your looks and that's the only turn-off actually. I always smell a guy who is insecure and I don't like it.

Either have a plastic surgery or wear it with pride!

I actually think that big noses are sexy and masculine. I hate guys with perfect noses. I'd pick a big, bended nose over a small one at any time. But I couldn't care less..

My favorite actor is Eric Roberts and he has a boxer's nose. I would like him less if he had a straight one. :)

When I was young in my teens. I was drving myself crazy looking for that perfect guy, babyface kind of type with no any kind of facial or chest hair. I grew older, the older I got the less I was attracted to babyface types. In my 25, i cannot image laying in bed with a man who has no chest hair, leg hair....masculine and imperfect hands and so much much more....just don't stink, use deodorant. The masculine you are, as many imperfections you have the better for both of us.

I don't like pretty boys, they are pretty but then what is a woman for, a man should be a man, naturally imperfect.

. On your place, I would not surround myself with the people who are so uptight within themselves

Good advice, though it can be difficult sifting out genuinely confident and authentic individuals from the large jumble of whimpering narcissism that will no doubt keep feeding on itself until it takes over the whole planet.

• 8 months later...

First of all I am a Guy with huge nose... I exactly know how u feel.....

I go to clubs I even hear rude remarks several times but I dont think thre is sumthing wrong with me, i see them as immature/Dumb/stupid and i totally ignore such people surround myself with people who accept me for who i am ....... wat u can do is start going to gym and improve on ur feature that u can control like hair/health/workout rather than just focusing on ur Nose trust me all the above things have helped me...I use to be really skinny with big nose gaining weight and gym had helped me alot.....

regards

EricOnTheWeb

I know how the original poster feels,it sucks,thats all there is to it.

I became self concious of my weight in school,I was SKINNY as hell,90 pounds in 11th grade. Girls were NOT attracted to me at all and often joined in laugh fest while looking at me. I became VERY shy and did not want to do ANYTHING when at home or anyplace. My mom started to think I was on drugs.

I never went to my graduation for fear of ridicoule,my grades were low and I could not concentrate on anything. Today I have doubled my weight and I'm well proportioned,some of the same classmates cannot believe how nice my body is,and yeah I have a great body and I'm damn proud to say that.

It really does make one feel inferior to have flaws pointed out to them,it hurts a ton.... I truly felt that I was so ugly that I would never ever get a GF or have any kind of life....Not to boost the drama,but suicide crossed through my mind more times that I care to say. All because of the "picking"

To this very day it still affects me,and is the reason I'm still a virgin and have nervous breakdowns that I'm not in a relationship or married..I still feel that I will never ever be in a relationship.. I'm in councelling for these reasons because of meeting a girl online it sort of "amplified" these feelings...I became extremely lonely feeling.

For the original poster......I know how this feels....Like they said here...be confident in yourself and you will shine through your flaws...Live your life man..don't let this stop you.. Thats what I'm learning right now,and waiting for the girl that was meant for me to come my way....

(Eric)

• Like 1