Applying For Training - Need Your Input Guys!

NightsInWhiteSatin

I'm applying for a funded trainee veterinary nurse position....i have to write them a letter to apply....they haven't given me a clue on what to write at all...

So i've spent the last couple of days putting together a letter....i've written literatly seven drafts till it was perfect in my eyes. I've given the letter to various people i.e parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc and they said the letter is great except that it's not what their looking for.

With the training being funded obviously they're wanting someone who is going to stay there after their training and carry on working there....but me being honest me had written a whole essay on how much i want to travel to different countries working with animals learning and using different skills etc...so now...im a wee bit stuck, i dont know what to write.........

If anyone pleeeeeeeeeeeease could help me out in any possible way here i will be sooooooo grateful you have no idea!

Thankyou guys xxx

Unfortunately, you often have to sacrifice a bit of integrity in the work world because that's the way the work world operates. Take comfort in the fact that employers are out solely for their own interests and so you must, too. You must make it sound as though you're enthused about working there and as if it's the job you've wanted all your life. They won't hire you if they think they'll be wasting their time and money on you of course so saying 'I'll take your training and then buh-bye' is not smart.

And really, you should probably work there for a bit after your training, anyway. It will look good on the resume you plan to use to get all these jobs in other places.

Google 'cover letters' and read up about the proper way to write one.

In the business it is every person for themselves.

I paid for my training once, and still paying for it now, but I got respect from everyone except my own department. Education and training is something no one can take from you. It is employer that paid for your training, offer the education back to the employer by being a better worker bee. Think of it as a romantic relationship except it is with money.

This is the view I give to people, offer a value proposition, even if it makes you worth more to someone else do it; especially a competitor.

There is no problem with "signing" your life away, think of yourself in their shoes. They pay for your training and then you run away. If you sign a contract there usually are escape clauses so read it carefully. You might be able to let them foot the bill then work for a few years then walk away or buy out your contract.

Outcast's idea of cover letter's is great. also get a friend or someone who majored in English read your cover letter to make sure it makes sense. Good writing skills is a must.